Sign in to follow this  
Slickthenick

What to do with John Wall in Dynasty WHIR

Would like some opinions from dynasty owners on Wall. I’m worried about his knees moving forward, and I’m in a position to win this year.

looks like he could miss the first week or all of fantasy playoffs.

Is now the time to trade him? I was thinking of offering him and saric for Russell and Smith jr. + 1st round pick. If I do that I will for sure own picks 4-7 in our rookie draft and already have a fairly stacked team. 

All that being said main question is - Should I wait on Wall and hope for the best, trade him in the offseason or trade him now for youth with upside to a team that won’t make playoffs?

Not huge help but I am in the exact same position as you. I have Wall in my keeper league so he's sitting in my IR now. I'm first in my league and want to win this year but also have concerns over his long term health. I was thinking of trying to target Simmons or another young up and coming player as the Wall name could still be bait in a keeper league. Or offer him for Kawhi and hooe he returns sooner....

9 minutes ago, adam_magic said:

Not huge help but I am in the exact same position as you. I have Wall in my keeper league so he's sitting in my IR now. I'm first in my league and want to win this year but also have concerns over his long term health. I was thinking of trying to target Simmons or another young up and coming player as the Wall name could still be bait in a keeper league. Or offer him for Kawhi and hooe he returns sooner....

Let's chat then! haha. Yeah he's such a tricky player to player to trade for because we know that he gives you something very few will give back. In my league I know I won't be able to get Simmons, he's untouchable, Kawhi? Maybe. If you manage to get him for anyone, let me know!