SharkSwimmer

Adrian Peterson 2018 Outlook

My gut is telling me the ‘Skins are going to struggle to stay in this one with literally their entire offense banged up.  I see Bibbs having a sneaky good game as they mostly play from behind.

who is APs direct backup? is it perine or bibbs....

i say this bc i still think there is a chance peterson is inactive tomorrow am. dislocated shoulder bro...

Doubt he's inactive after getting in practice reps all week. Worried about the game flow and further injury though. 

Thompson out is big.

17 minutes ago, whatisfootball said:

I'm starting him right now but I just can't shake the feeling that he won't be able to play the full game again.

I think he could have returned last week, but with the Skins playing catch-up, they decided to just roll with Thompson and rest him after the injury.  If it was a competitive game you would have seen him get the goal line work at the end instead of Bibbs.

I was starting him but I currently have him on the bench.  I'm getting all kinds of bad vibes from this game with so many injuries (and AP banged up as well) it just doesn't seem like he could possibly have a good game due to possibility of re-injury and game script.

Starting McCoy and Amari Cooper over him...

Edited by skye2388

1 hour ago, whatisfootball said:

I'm starting him right now but I just can't shake the feeling that he won't be able to play the full game again.

I had the same feeling about Breida last week......

Yet I'm going back to the well again with AP. Apparently I don't learn my lesson.

If he can hold up AP should dominate in carries and get a few receptions as well.

29 minutes ago, Left2Right said:

Realistically what is APs value ROS? Is he still a safe RB2?

He's so gameflow reliant it's hard to call him safe. I'm not letting him go for cheap, but since I also have Thompson I'm trying to deal him. Right now the best offer I've gotten is Amari Cooper/Rudolph.

But he's running well on a conservative team that doesn't want to throw the ball a ton if they don't have to. Ideally, if I hold AP, I'm looking to start him against teams I think they will be beating or keeping it close with. When they play the Eagles for example, I'd likely want him on my bench if I had a similar option.

have not played him once yet.  Been thinking about dealing him but is a nice bye week filler.

like the above poster said.  Very game reliant, if behind big then it’s a Thompson game.  I wish Peterson was more involved in the passing game I want to see how he does.  I can’t remember what success he had in the passing game while as a Vike.

45 minutes ago, Nah85 said:

I can’t remember what success he had in the passing game while as a Vike.

Middle tier at best. He was never a huge receiving threat. Without looking I think his high was maybe 40 receptions....? I'm checking....

image.png.c372d26554ac49fcf8b914a58996673a.png

Yeah, so not really a receiving back ever.

• Like 1

Adrian Peterson (ankle, shoulder) returned to a limited practice on Thursday.

Peterson was absent on Wednesday, though it seems like he was just getting a maintenance day. Peterson said he feels much better than he did a week ago, calling the difference "night and day." AD will be on the RB2 map Sunday when the Redskins host Dallas.

1 minute ago, Mikeboy said:

What does it means "Rb2 map"?

It is a very over-elaborate way of saying he’s an RB2

8 hours ago, Mikeboy said:

What does it means "Rb2 map"?

Typically it means he's in a top-24 ranked RBs (assuming a 12-team league that would make him a lower-tier starter). This week he is Rotoworld's #18 RB.

Edited by LongBalls