SharkSwimmer

Adrian Peterson 2018 Outlook

Starting this week is a no-brainer against the Giants. Outside of that is definitely tough to fire him up against Jax and Ten. That game was ridiculous by the way. I dunno why you don't ride the guy like a rented mule after he breaks that 90 yarder. Instead you basically bench him and leave your defense hanging out to dry.

6 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Starting this week is a no-brainer against the Giants. Outside of that is definitely tough to fire him up against Jax and Ten. That game was ridiculous by the way. I dunno why you don't ride the guy like a rented mule after he breaks that 90 yarder. Instead you basically bench him and leave your defense hanging out to dry.

Exactly...lol.

But what's tough is that Sanchez is prone to mistakes and could easily have 1-2 turnovers in the game. For as bad as the Giants record is, they have had two possession leads over the Eagles and Bears over the last two weeks. And, for a team that never sacks the QB, they have 8 over their last two and the Redskins line is beat up. If the Giants go up by two scores, Peterson is rendered useless with the return of CT. I'm not confident that the Redskins can control this game.

On 12/5/2018 at 8:55 AM, LongBalls said:

Is there a reason he sat for the second half? Playing down, getting Chris Thompson involved, rest? I saw the game but dont follow the Redskins.

The stars are aligning for AD with Beckham out. It should be a pretty close game with both teams focusing on the run.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2018 at 8:42 AM, SharkSwimmer said:

Likely to be released by Arizona.  I hope he lands somewhere flashy so my opponents will waste a pick or auction dollars acquiring him.

I wasted a FA add, does that count?

1 hour ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

More than a 1000 all purpose yards,not a bad flier imo

Did you really go back to August to quote me?

This was a vintage AP season. He is one of my favorite all time RBs. At 33 years old he showed why he is a Hall of Famer

I can't think of a worse situation. Depleted offensive line, no weapons at WR or TE (sorry Reed is trash) and bad qb situation.

I think he could be useful to a contending team as a between the tackles and goalline runner with some big play ability remaining. Thinking he ends up in a place like KC or Chicago next season.

20 minutes ago, RepoMan said:

I can't think of a worse situation. Depleted offensive line, no weapons at WR or TE (sorry Reed is trash) and bad qb situation.

I think he could be useful to a contending team as a between the tackles and goalline runner with some big play ability remaining. Thinking he ends up in a place like KC or Chicago next season.

He doesn't catch the ball nearly well enough to be in KC and why would Chicago want him?

3 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

I wasted a FA add, does that count?

I was really wrong about Peterson this year.  And I am willing to make the same mistake again next year.

The smugness of the experts on podcasts when talking about Peterson and Gore at the beginning of the season.

As if those incel rebellion DWEEBS are worthy of either of the above's taint sweat.

• Like 1

Yuge man crush on Peterson after watching him play this season. I feel like the only person who suffered more than us fans was AD playing behind our makeshift excuse for a line. All other offensive weapons depleted, he knew we had no chance of going anywhere this year, and yet he took every handoff and ran like a man who had a point to prove.

He’s a legend on the football field. Thank you for giving your all for the burgundy and gold this year man. As someone who watched every snap, you were one of the only bright spots of our season.🙏🏻

• Like 1

11 hours ago, smetana34 said:

He doesn't catch the ball nearly well enough to be in KC and why would Chicago want him?

To play the role Howard played this season, except Peterson is just way better and more explosive than Howard. 

I don't know, maybe KC looks to fill the Hunt hole with one guy who can play three downs but that may be tough to do. They could easily go the committee route and Peterson is still very good as the between the tackles/goalline committee type guy

Edited by RepoMan

I see him staying in Washington. He can be a great mentor to Guice and would be great to use both and keep them fresh. Running the ball has become their identity, which should open enough carries for both to see plenty of work. He's also proved he can catch out of the backfield, making it less obvious the call is a run or pass. Work in Thompson for some 3rd down work and you have a great group right there.