JoeJoe88

Carlos Hyde 2018 Outlook

3 hours ago, cheezor42 said:

Personally I don’t think he’s actually even had a “good” game yet besides one week.  He still has upside. He hasn’t broken off a single big run or catch, he seems due for some splash plays honestly.  

Just playing devils advocate haha.

still and RB1 and id only trade him for a WR1.

No one is “due” for anything. Julio Jones owners have been saying he is due for TDs for 6 seasons.

9 hours ago, MrPositive said:

Chubb might get a couple more touches, but Hyde is one of the top 3 pass blocking rb's in the league, leads the league with Kamara at 5 TD's a, veteran, and been playing great. He's safe for now.

I'm having flashbacks to the Jamaal Williams vs. Aaron Jones debate.

However, Hyde is running well despite what his YPC box score would tell you and I don't think the Browns should go away from him. I think Chubb will be a better NFL running back once he is the starter but I don't think that starts this season unless/until there is a Hyde injury. Hyde has dealt with his fair share of injures and it should also be noted that he has never averaged as many touches as his is now. Maybe that makes Hyde a sell high if you don't have Chubb to back him up.

Full disclosure I do not own Hyde in any league and I do own Chubb in a keeper league.  

• Like 1

Are the Hyde owners throwing him out there this week vs. a tough Ravens defense? Only giving up 80 yards a game rushing

Posted (edited)

I think it would be wise to pursue alternative options if available. Starting any Brown against that Ravens D is quite worrisome, as they are a very good unit still. This could be a very low scoring affair.

Edited by lolcopter
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, squidthunder said:

Are the Hyde owners throwing him out there this week vs. a tough Ravens defense? Only giving up 80 yards a game rushing

Yea, hoping Hyde can find the endzone. Ravens are good but it's still a decent possibility. 

Posted (edited)

Throwing him out there exclusively as a volume play.  Ravens have a good run defense but I can only assume as a divisional game the game will be a close one where the Browns stick with their same game plan of controlling the clock with Hyde to take pressure off Mayfield and leaning on their defense at home.  He should be good for 16-22 touches and goal line duties - the matchup sucks but that's a pretty solid start in most leagues regardless.

My only worry is this could finally be the game they game plan around making Duke heavily involved.  Chubb will get his typical 3-4 carries so that's not much of a concern.

Edited by cheezor42
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Yeah, I think some owners see that 8th overall RB after 4 weeks thing and take it a little too far :lol:

Yeah, they must be ignoring the entire 2017 season, where in 16 games (on a worse team) Carlos Hyde was only RB8... oh wait.

2 lucky plays for Chubb and everyone wants to ignore the last 30 times we saw him touch the ball in the NFL where he combined for about 10 yards?

Every backfield in the NFL is a committee, this one will be no different.  Chubb should get more looks, so should Duke, that's the real world NFL.

Carlos Hyde currently has the 4th highest amount of touches in the league with 87.  Zeke's at 88, Kamara 91, Gurley 94.

Kamara is likely to lose more touches per game to Ingram ROS than Hyde is to Chubb, just to help put this into perspective.

Hyde can lose a few touches here and there and still be just fine.  Dude's been producing like an RB1 for 33% of the regular season so far, we got him in the 6th round.  How can you possibly be crying and complaining.  If you want to sell high, there's nothing wrong with that, but let's not pretend like the first 4 games were complete flukes and the floor of his market is going to fall out any week now.  This is who Hyde is, this is who Hyde has been, anyone pretending otherwise are the ones who are in denial.

Hyde's only problem, is that the entire world seems to have forgotten how highly regarded he was when he entered the league, so they want to treat him like he's JAG, and ignore every ounce of evidence that disproves their thesis over the past 3+ seasons.  I swear when I browse this forum, I'm not always sure we play the same game.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

A week after Chubb's big blowup game - Hyde 17 carries, 3 targets. Chubb 3 carries, 1 target.  Cleary Chubb is taking over this backfield right?  🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

He slots in very nicely as the second RB on a roster. Might be a reach for him to be your first RB but he has a safe floor and a td puts him on the fringe of RB1 numbers. This coming from a desperate Conner owner. Hyde is looking like a pretty good “break glass in case of emergency” backup plan.

At the end of the day, he was able to move the chains whereas Chubb was not able to do much with the limited plays he had.  3.7 ypc is nothing to sneeze at when you consider the defense. 

Hyde actually looked pretty good against a tough Ravens D.  There were a few poor playcalls where he was contacted practically before the hand off.  He is as as solid an RB2 as I can ask for.

• Thanks 1

Did Hyde get hurt against the Ravens?  He was out for the last part of the game and overtime.  And now the Browns have signed a RB from their practice squad.  Where are my Cleveland insiders at?

4 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Did Hyde get hurt against the Ravens?  He was out for the last part of the game and overtime.  And now the Browns have signed a RB from their practice squad.  Where are my Cleveland insiders at?

Complete speculation on my part...... Maybe trade to PHI?

Interesting thought.  Hyde to the Eagles would be a boon indeed, although Hyde is also doing great with Cleveland.

15 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

He only looked to be out based on game flow with Duke and Hyde looked in high spirits at Monday PC but of course I could be wrong.  Trade seems more likely than injury if there’s anything to it.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Regarding the practice squad RB, I think that has more to do with Cleveland's abysmal special teams play than Hyde/Chubb/Duke.

1 minute ago, Bowman said:

Regarding the practice squad RB, I think that has more to do with Cleveland's abysmal special teams play than Hyde/Chubb/Duke.

Okay, thanks for the info.  I will monitor the Browns practice report with great interest tomorrow and Thursday.  My top alternative should Hyde be out plays on Thursday night...

Seems like a good candidate to find the end zone again against the Chargers this weekend, but heck I’d take a trade to Philly also

How has the Chargers run D been playing?  Breida was on pace for 200 yards, but then hurt his ankle at the end of the first quarter last week.  Hyde and Breida are very different backs, of course.

9 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Interesting thought.  Hyde to the Eagles would be a boon indeed, although Hyde is also doing great with Cleveland.

As an owner of Hyde and Chubb...I'd be ALL for that. Lol. 

• Like 1

As an Ajayi owner for the past two years, you do NOT want Hyde traded to the Eagles. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Any thoughts on Carlos for this week??

Any info on the LAC matchup??  I see they are middle of the pack vs RBs.

Edited by Cleanface
  • Thanks 1

Set and forget for me...his situation is perfect for him..no change for me plz

• Like 2