Sign in to follow this  
JoeJoe88

Carlos Hyde 2018 Outlook

2 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

He can run routes and catch.   Unfortunately he also has too many concentration related drops.  

Was what you're referring to when cj beathard was the QB? I felt like everyone played poorly with him cause no one expected passes to even get in their catch radius. He looked great with hoyer and solid with Jimmy IMO. 

37 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Hyde can catch. 

I saw at least 2 great catches on wheel routes this season where he completely beat his LB. 

He’s definitely not a zero at catching, in fact he had 59 catches for 2017.  But he’s not that productive with his catches compared to duel threat RB’s.  Breida looks like much better in that regard (for example).  My point is we shouldn’t assume a similar number of catches for Hyde when he finds a new home.

7 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Was what you're referring to when cj beathard was the QB? I felt like everyone played poorly with him cause no one expected passes to even get in their catch radius. He looked great with hoyer and solid with Jimmy IMO. 

He caught 10 of 15 with Garoppolo. He really looks like a solid player. Not a great player like Bell. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, thebrowns said:

He caught 10 of 15 with Garoppolo. He really looks like a solid player. Not a great player like Bell. 

Sure. I can get behind that. There's not many Bells out there though. 

All aboard the Carlos Hyde Express need to figure out where he gets drafted. initial thoughts end of 2nd early 3rd

This has been my worst free agency in 10 years since I started my keeper league.

Jarvis Landry and Carlos Hyde are both Browns being coached by worst coach in history of NFL.

Dion Lewis decided that of all the great spots to go he'd go to the only backfield with Derrick Henry in it.

Can't wait for free agency to be over.  Season is 6 months away and already I need injuries for my guys to have a path to fantasy relevance.  

suicide-clipart-hanging-18.jpg

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

All aboard the Carlos Hyde Express need to figure out where he gets drafted. initial thoughts end of 2nd early 3rd

What?  His coach is Hue Jackson.  

Hue is basically the same thing as Adam Gase.

You have Kenyan Drake running circles around defense... bench him and bring in Damien Williams.

Hue strongly believes in playing inferior talent at crucial times to lose games then blame the GM for his short comings.

• Like 1

Just now, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

What?  His coach is Hue Jackson.  

Hue is basically the same thing as Adam Gase.

You have Kenyan Drake running circles around defense... bench him and bring in Damien Williams.

Hue strongly believes in playing inferior talent at crucial times to lose games then blame the GM for his short comings.

His OC is Todd Haley :huh:

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

His OC is Todd Haley :huh:

I don't know how much, if any, control he will really have over the offense.

Hue is quoted countless times saying he'd never let anyone run his offense but him.

I am aware of Todd Haley's resume, but I don't think of him as anything more than a figurehead under Hue.

I pray I'm wrong though.

Just now, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I don't know how much, if any, control he will really have over the offense.

Hue is quoted countless times saying he'd never let anyone run his offense but him.

I am aware of Todd Haley's resume, but I don't think of him as anything more than a figurehead under Hue.

I pray I'm wrong though.

Haley wanted Tyrod taylor not AJM and Dorsey gave him Tyrod Taylor, this is his offense not Hue's

• Like 1

I like Hyde the player enough I guess, but I still think Duke Johnson would be the guy to own here if you're PPR-ing.    I struggle to see him getting 20 touches most weeks, and until Cleveland shows otherwise, they're still constantly at risk for being behind a bit in the 4th quarter, rendering Hyde useless.    In the same role on a winning team, Hyde gets closeout carries to pad the stats.     I'm not totally writing off Cleveland because they're Cleveland, I really love the unit they've put together here, but I can't make a leap of faith that they're contending just yet.   

27 minutes ago, dashoe said:

He hasn't shown me that he's significantly better than Isaiah Crowell (who I think is a decent RB), and this is still the Cleveland Browns we're talking about.

Everyone last year said "the OL is good", "the Browns are improving", all the good and logical things about why Crowell was a safe pick in the early 3rd round.  Logic doesn't live in Cleveland.  Only sorrow.  Only pain.

Love you Carlos, but for these reasons, I'm out.

Edited by Lord_Varys
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

He hasn't shown me that he's significantly better than Isaiah Crowell (who I think is a decent RB), and this is still the Cleveland Browns we're talking about.

Everyone last year said "the OL is good", "the Browns are improving", all the good and logical things about why Crowell was a safe pick in the early 3rd round.  Logic doesn't live in Cleveland.  Only sorrow.  Only pain.

Shark tank themed denial?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Will they be paying Hyde more than it would cost to draft Barkley?

3 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

yeah I have the discipline of not focusing on what teams did last year and i focus more on situations and talent to figure out how they will execute. For example last season people were going crazy over the giants offseason moves  and previous season success but I avoided all f their players in the draft because I didnt like the fact they did zero to fix their o-line issues.  Same as I didnt focus on the Rams previous abysmal season and went all in on Gurley with a new coaching staff.  I dont see this team as being the same old Browns because the browns were a bad team in the past; that's just bad analysis. This organization is putting together solid pieces to win games.

I focus on what they are doing not what they did in previous seasons

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, psygolf said:

3yr/15m

22 minutes ago, BrianM said:

I like Hyde the player enough I guess, but I still think Duke Johnson would be the guy to own here if you're PPR-ing.    I struggle to see him getting 20 touches most weeks, and until Cleveland shows otherwise, they're still constantly at risk for being behind a bit in the 4th quarter, rendering Hyde useless.    In the same role on a winning team, Hyde gets closeout carries to pad the stats.     I'm not totally writing off Cleveland because they're Cleveland, I really love the unit they've put together here, but I can't make a leap of faith that they're contending just yet.   

Are you implying Hyde can't catch?  

He had 60 receptions last year.  

It's the Browns so nothing would shock me, but I find it hard to believe a team would take a guy that just had 60 receptions and make him a purely 2 down banger.

1 minute ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Are you implying Hyde can't catch?  

He had 60 receptions last year.  

It's the Browns so nothing would shock me, but I find it hard to believe a team would take a guy that just had 60 receptions and make him a purely 2 down banger.

Nope, he catches very well, but who's in there when its comeback mode, him or Duke?     Hyde's a good receiving back.  Duke is one of the best in the league.    It doesn't mean Hyde sits every third down, per se, but its not a stretch to expect Cleveland to again be a lower end team, finding themselves in those 2nd half holes again.      Tyrod lays plenty of eggs, especially against the better teams, and on the road.   I think most road weeks, you're looking at at sputtering offense, and Hyde will fade out as the game goes on and Cleveland's deficit grows.   

15 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Definitely not.   The opportunity cost is a top 5 draft pick- so Hyde fills their need and allows

these picks to be used for other purposes.     Was never a fan of using a top 5 for a rb or wr.  

And for 2.5M/yr LESS than McKinnon was paid by SF.      Great deal for Cleveland 

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, dashoe said:

yeah I have the discipline of not focusing on what teams did last year and i focus more on situations and talent to figure out how they will execute.

Me too.  For anyone but the Browns.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Definitely not.   The opportunity cost is a top 5 draft pick- so Hyde fills their need and allows

these picks to be used for other purposes.     Was never a fan of using a top 5 for a rb or wr.  

And for 2.5M/yr LESS than McKinnon was paid by SF.      Great deal for Cleveland 

What about the opportunity cost of passing up on a rb who could be another GOAT?   We know Hyde isn't.

And saying "they spent less on him than McKinnon" isn't a "win" on my planet.

6 minutes ago, Dalton Gang said:

Surely this doesn't mean they pass on Barkley, right? But why would you need Barkley, Hyde and Duke?

I think this definitely means they pass on Barkley.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, psygolf said:

What about the opportunity cost of passing up on a rb who could be another GOAT?   We know Hyde isn't.

And saying "they spent less on him than McKinnon" isn't a "win" on my planet.

Cleveland got probably the best deal out of any of these FA rb signings.  It’s a win no matter how you slice it.   For one of the best available.  

Its also the deepest rb class in recent history and there are multiple franchise changing players available at the top.  Chubb and Minkah come to mind.   And Nelson is going to dominate in this league for a decade.      

Fantastic move for the Browns.  It doesn’t happen often but it deserves recognition   

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 1