Sign in to follow this  
JoeJoe88

Carlos Hyde 2018 Outlook

Been trying to sell high on this dude for like the past 3 weeks since logic says the TDs aren't going to continue at the rate they've been butwith him averaging 20 carries per game its hard to imagine him not being a RB2. I'm still wary of Duke and Chubb getting more involved once Browns get knocked out of playoff consideration. 

I'd like to know what people are getting for Hyde out there.  I haven't shopped him mainly for the fact that I need him at RB currently and i'm pretty sure the market won't net me back a top tier WR that someone with his production and usage so far this season should return, and no point in taking a downgrade at RB over him.  I doubt the Michel owner in my league would do a 1-1 for him now. 

Edited by phatrat
Check the completed trades thread in the AC forum to see what people are getting for him. Thanks,
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lockout King said:

Must play against LAC.

You think game script works in his favor? I don't really know what to expect. I hope he has a big game.

Just now, Squidward said:

You think game script works in his favor? I don't really know what to expect. I hope he has a big game.

What game(s) have the Browns been blown out in this year?

That should answer your question. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jccouger said:

What game(s) have the Browns been blown out in this year?

That should answer your question. 

Average spread 3.5 pts.  

14 minutes ago, Squidward said:

Charges have given up 20+ in 4/5 games this season.  Seems like fantasy points should be there for the taking. 

Pretty much anything is better than last week vs. Ravens. 

I'm excited about this one. 

5 minutes ago, HTM said:

Charges have given up 20+ in 4/5 games this season.  Seems like fantasy points should be there for the taking. 

Pretty much anything is better than last week vs. Ravens. 

I'm excited about this one. 

Yea I hope he puts up 80-90 scrimmage yards + 1 TD 

Just dealt emmanuel sanders + trey burton for him (standard, RBs heavily valued, already had kittle). Might have overpaid but I'm glad to be on the train with my new solid RB2! 

+picked up Chubb as insurance

Edited by WazGood

Just now, WazGood said:

Just dealt emmanuel sanders + trey burton for him (standard, RBs heavily valued, already had kittle). Might have overpaid but I'm glad to be on the train with my new solid RB2! 

+picked up Chubb as insurance

That Chubb handcuff is essential for Hyde; did the same thing a few weeks ago

From the FantasyPros Primer:

Carlos Hyde and Duke Johnson: It’s now been 4-of-5 games where Hyde has averaged 3.7 or less yards per carry. I’m not saying he’s played poorly, but he also hasn’t been a game-changer for their offense. When you have a high second-round pick on the bench who’s flashed at times, you need to do better than the current 3.5 yards per carry on the season. The Chargers have struggled against the pass this year, but they’ve played the run extremely well and got defensive tackle Corey Liuget back last week. Outside of Todd Gurley (who runs on everyone), the Chargers have yet to allow a running back more than 49 yards on the ground. That’s included Kareem Hunt, LeSean McCoy, Matt Breida, and Marshawn Lynch. Of all those running backs, Gurley was the only one able to score more than 10.8 PPR points, which should give Hyde owners cause for concern. The reason for hope, though, is that the Chargers have allowed 26.0 points per game, which ranks 12th-most in the league, so it’s possible that Hyde gets a goal-line plunge. I’d consider him a high-end RB3 this week who will disappoint if he doesn’t score. Johnson went back to his barely-used role, so he’s nothing more than a “hope he’s used more” RB4 option. There have been five running backs who’ve totaled at least 29 receiving yards against them, but Johnson’s usage is just so disappointing.

23 minutes ago, GADirtyBird said:

From the FantasyPros Primer:

Carlos Hyde and Duke Johnson: It’s now been 4-of-5 games where Hyde has averaged 3.7 or less yards per carry. I’m not saying he’s played poorly, but he also hasn’t been a game-changer for their offense. When you have a high second-round pick on the bench who’s flashed at times, you need to do better than the current 3.5 yards per carry on the season. The Chargers have struggled against the pass this year, but they’ve played the run extremely well and got defensive tackle Corey Liuget back last week. Outside of Todd Gurley (who runs on everyone), the Chargers have yet to allow a running back more than 49 yards on the ground. That’s included Kareem Hunt, LeSean McCoy, Matt Breida, and Marshawn Lynch. Of all those running backs, Gurley was the only one able to score more than 10.8 PPR points, which should give Hyde owners cause for concern. The reason for hope, though, is that the Chargers have allowed 26.0 points per game, which ranks 12th-most in the league, so it’s possible that Hyde gets a goal-line plunge. I’d consider him a high-end RB3 this week who will disappoint if he doesn’t score. Johnson went back to his barely-used role, so he’s nothing more than a “hope he’s used more” RB4 option. There have been five running backs who’ve totaled at least 29 receiving yards against them, but Johnson’s usage is just so disappointing.

In response to the FantasySmos Primer:  However the browns have been playing have also lead them to 2 wins and 3 very close games after 2 YEARS of hot garbage.  I don't see them going away from their new formula.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mathew Berry said:

In response to the FantasySmos Primer:  However the browns have been playing have also lead them to 2 wins and 3 very close games after 2 YEARS of hot garbage.  I don't see them going away from their new formula.  

Should send this response to FantasySmos Primer.

K. Hunt - It was P. Mahome's show.

L. McCoy - Blowout game

M. Breida & A. Morris - Avg. 4 yds per carry that game, not sure why they didn't run more.

M. Lynch - Blowout game 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dsaints said:

Was able to trade Hyde for Cooper Kupp to a rb-thin owner, if anyone needs an idea of his trade value. 

I play in standard. I would never trade Hyde for that. WR's are aplenty and productive RB's are like unicorns. 

• Like 1

I don’t get it.

Nobody wants to trade for Hyde, and everybody is trying to trade him away.

I’m not gonna hide my love for Hyde. I’m driving Carlos to a fantasy championship. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HTM said:

I play in standard. I would never trade Hyde for that. WR's are aplenty and productive RB's are like unicorns. 

Kupp is the #2 overall wr and #1 target on an all time great offense and Hyde is a TD dependent RB2. That trade was highway robbery.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Kupp is the #2 overall wr and #1 wr option on an all time great offense and Hyde is a TD dependent RB2. That trade was highway robbery.

Given that RBs are typically much more valuable in standard and I don't expect Kupp to be #2 overall WR ROS (I'd have him somewhere in the mid-late teens) I probably wouldn't do it but factoring in Kupp may not regress as much as I predict (he has been the top RZ target for Goff since last year) I think its a solid trade assuming neither team takes a significant hit to their depth. 

28 minutes ago, Jaw1 said:

Given that RBs are typically much more valuable in standard and I don't expect Kupp to be #2 overall WR ROS (I'd have him somewhere in the mid-late teens) I probably wouldn't do it but factoring in Kupp may not regress as much as I predict (he has been the top RZ target for Goff since last year) I think its a solid trade assuming neither team takes a significant hit to their depth. 

I would agree except for the fact that there is zero chance that Cooper Kupp gets

CHUBBED

1 hour ago, jccouger said:

I don’t get it.

Nobody wants to trade for Hyde, and everybody is trying to trade him away.

I’m not gonna hide my love for Hyde. I’m driving Carlos to a fantasy championship. 

I'm trying to sell since I don't think he can keep up his borderline RB1 pace given he'll be hard pressed to maintain his TD per game average in this offense. That being said most people realize he is really more of a solid RB2 so aren't willing to pay the "sell high" price. Additionally there is the looming threat of Chubb and Duke Johnson getting more touches which only increases as the year goes and Browns get closer to being eliminated from the playoffs where they'll likely focus on prepping for next year where Hyde may not be on the team anymore which probably doesn't bode well for him in the all important fantasy playoffs. 

He's been tremendous thus far especially when you factor in all the RB busts in the 4-6th rounds. However, you can't always get caught up in the moment and need to have an eye toward the future which doesn't look quite as rosy for Hyde (especially if you factor in his injury history). 

Edited by Jaw1

Damn Hyde is so underrated in fantasy circles. 

Workhorse backs in promising offenses are hard to come by. Should be a top 10-15 RB ROS if healthy.

• Like 2

People dogging Hyde on here. Unreal. The Browns haven’t played this well in a decade and a lot of it is due to Hyde. Duke Johnson had several years to make this team better and he was decent, but It’s time to move on. The Browns have a real chance at a winning record, which is simply shocking. And his ypc isn’t as bad as you think knowing he played with Tyrod 3 games, who looked simply horrendous, and the entire defense were selling out to stop the run. He does need to catch waaay more passes though. Which is strange because he was a pass catching freak last year.

Edited by MrPositive
  • Like 2

Hyde is Good.. 

but since last night I’ve been getting this feeling of grabbing duke from the Waiver wire.. I don’t know why yet .....

so stay tune.