Sign in to follow this  
JoeJoe88

Carlos Hyde 2018 Outlook

On 10/12/2018 at 2:52 PM, dsaints said:

Was able to trade Hyde for Cooper Kupp to a rb-thin owner, if anyone needs an idea of his trade value. 

I was offered Kupp for Hyde as well. Owner has Hopkins, Thielen, JuJu and Kupp with Conner and Yeldon as RB’s. No fournette or bell. I was real close to taking it but was able to swing a trade for M. Thomas instead and hang on to Hyde.

Lets also remember that Todd Haley is his OC. Leveon averaged 300+ touches a season over 5 years and he missed 18 games in that span! Haley understands that good backs get better as the game wears on and they continually get work. He will never be the guy to rotate in 2-3 backs consistently. He has stated this before in interviews. And while Hyde is nowhere near as good as Leveon he’s a similar type player who thrives with touches.

I think with Mayfield at the helm more running lanes will start to open up and Hyde’s ypc average will go up. He also had 88 targets last year and 59 catches. Once Baker settles down and learns how to move the ball in the NFL I think he will start to see the value in RB checkdowns. Think Brady, Brees, Big Ben, Goff, Rivers all top QB’s who use their RB’s to move the chains and score in the red zone.

• Like 1

Complete bum. If he doesn’t score a touchdown, he destroys your team. If he does score a touchdown, he is a meh RB2. Untradeable, undroppable, zero upside, the worst type of player in fantasy to own.

Edited by MJJ28

10 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Complete bum. If he doesn’t score a touchdown, he destroys your team. If he does score a touchdown, he is a meh RB2. Untradeable, undroppable, zero upside, the worst type of player in fantasy to own.

don't be so mad dude its freaking fantasy football.. aka luck.. just enjoy the sport

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/12/2018 at 2:25 PM, Mathew Berry said:

In response to the FantasySmos Primer:  However the browns have been playing have also lead them to 2 wins and 3 very close games after 2 YEARS of hot garbage.  I don't see them going away from their new formula.  

Guess the experts get it right sometimes. 

5 minutes ago, Ryedog87 said:

About time for some nick chubb fellas

I don’t know about that quite yet. This game got out of hand so fast, that Hyde was shut down mid-3rd. Still though, this game was a HUGE disappointment for Hyde owners no doubt. It’s crazy he was 4th in rb receptions last season and now it’s like he doesn’t remember how to go out for a pass.

6 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

I don’t know about that quite yet. This game got out of hand so fast, that Hyde was shut down mid-3rd. Still though, this game was a HUGE disappointment for Hyde owners no doubt. It’s crazy he was 4th in rb receptions last season and now it’s like he doesn’t remember how to go out for a pass.

he was fourth in receptions for RBs, third in targets ... not because he's a great receiver, but because of Shanny's system - check it, Hyde had a horrendous catch ratio last year ... he's "serviceable" out the backfield, but that's about as good as it gets.

They gave Hyde the ball on the 2 yard line in the 4th qtr when the game was out of reach but he couldn't get in, would of saved it from being a bad game. 

Browns play the bucs this week and should be good amount of points for both teams. I believe the bucs are pretty bad on stopping the run? Anyone confident starting Hyde this week over players like clement etc 

The browns run game is putrid, Haley is failing to get his rb's involved with the game as both runners and pass catchers

11 minutes ago, Leopard said:

They gave Hyde the ball on the 2 yard line in the 4th qtr when the game was out of reach but he couldn't get in, would of saved it from being a bad game. 

Browns play the bucs this week and should be good amount of points for both teams. I believe the bucs are pretty bad on stopping the run? Anyone confident starting Hyde this week over players like clement etc 

No, the Bucs are REALLY good at stopping the run.  But nearly helpless against opposing passing attacks.  Not sure week 7 sets up as much of a Hyde game.

yeah i dont understand how the backs dont really catch passes. Has he ever heard of a screen? 

On 10/13/2018 at 9:29 PM, ShowStopper said:

Carlos Hyde is playing great this season don’t understand the hate. 

Define "great"? And the hate is coming from owners of a certain stud rookie RB who they want to get more touches

I just don't get it. How can you complain about Hyde? What are the RBs drafted in the 2nd to 5th round doing? Fournette, Cook, Freeman, Drake, Howard, Miller, McKinnon, McCoy, Henry, Lewis... :wacko:

Hyde has been outstanding thus far. Yet you already start moaning when he has a down game, when most of these mentioned RBs drafted in front of Hyde haven't even put up one solid fantasy outing in 6 weeks!

Of course there's an elite RB tier (and one Gurley tier of course) which Hyde isn't part of. What did you expect? So far there are 6 elite fantasy performers at the RB position, but after that Hyde is still in the next tier with DJ, Michel, White, Lynch, Crowell, Yeldon. That's RB1 territory. Not what it used to be once upon a time, but at least try to understand the numbers and the value that Hyde has given to you.

• Like 1

yeah it was a bad matchup....overall he has been a pleasant surprise...do i wish chubb would take over though...YES

On 10/14/2018 at 3:52 PM, MJJ28 said:

Meh RB2? Pretty sure he was a low RB1/high RB2 going into yesterday. 

I wish I didn't have shares of Hyde everywhere only because I'd love to buy low on him.

This is pure insanity..

"we are going to get Chubb more work"

Next week he gets 3 carries

"we really do need to get Chubb more work"

He gets 4 carries....

If you watch the games. Hyde is making some amazing runs. A lot of times he will turn a 3-4 yard loss in to a 5 yard gain. He's not going to lose his job. 

Edited by jccouger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jccouger said:

I wish I didn't have shares of Hyde everywhere only because I'd love to buy low on him.

This is pure insanity..

"we are going to get Chubb more work"

Next week he gets 3 carries

"we really do need to get Chubb more work"

He gets 4 carries....

If you watch the games. Hyde is making some amazing runs. A lot of times he will turn a 3-4 yard loss in to a 5 yard gain. He's not going to lose his job. 

He also had a couple long ones called back on questionable holding penalties lately too. But man if he can't start catching some passes and making the offense more dynamic, geeeeeesh.....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

He also had a couple long ones called back on questionable holding penalties lately too. But man if he can't start catching some passes and making the offense more dynamic, geeeeeesh.....

Yeah hes had a few called back..

I think thats more Mayfields fault than anything on no passes to the RB. Mayfield is a down field passer. Im a huge OU fan and he rarely looks for the safety salve. His average depth of target broke records and he’s still the same guy. Haley needs to find a way to script more screens. 

Edited by jccouger

31 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

This is all maddening. Especially the called back runs. He had one early in the game for 20+ yards on a hold that had no impact on his run. Thought it was going to be a good day after that, except it got called back and he never surpassed his would be total if that run were not called back. 

This may not be the week to use him, since the Bucs have smothered the run this year.  But Tampa fired their DC Mike Smith this week, so perhaps they will be a bit more balanced on defense.

25 minutes ago, WH71 said:

Do you guys think Hyde will bounce back?

Hyde is not the problem, Haley needs to call more plays that gets the ball into the rb hands, there is too much effort looking for the big downfield chunk play where there is ZERO playmaking talent, callaway is raw and landry is a pass catching chain mover not a big play maker after the catch. Mayfield holds onto the ball too long and scrambles to buy time for his subpar wr's.

The talent is in the backfield with hyde-Duke-chubb.

They need to run more and pass the ball to the rb's.

I swear the browns are trying to stay under .500  and win 6 games to get more high draft capital

Edited by dashoe

Should be able to bounce back... Game against LAC was a blow out, which was hard to predict based on Brown's past games.    

This game is leaning towards to a shootout, many points will be scored. I could see Hyde going in for a score or two. 

I believe the browns are top 5 in rushing attempts in the league and Hyde gets volume. I'm going to throw last weeks game out since the browns couldn't recover since early on and was playing catch up mode. Even in the 4th when it was still a blowout they still gave Hyde the ball on the goal line which he couldn't convert. I hope I don't regret it but I'll be playing him over clement and drake this weekend 

• Like 1