Sign in to follow this  
JoeJoe88

Carlos Hyde 2018 Outlook

yeah!!!! i now have three jax running bax!  cool starry bruh!!!!!

anyway, does he not play then this weekend i'm assuming?

1 minute ago, milriver said:

yeah!!!! i now have three jax running bax!  cool starry bruh!!!!!

anyway, does he not play then this weekend i'm assuming?

Lol same here. Sucks man.

Just now, NBatum88 said:

RIP Hyde’s fantasy value. RB4/5 now

So does this mean he will be playing behind Yeldon?

4 minutes ago, HTM said:

Anyone with thoughts on what this means for Hyde's value ROS? 

This has to be trending towards negative. He was dominating carries on the browns. Now he’s at most a rental until Fournette gets back. And since they have Yeldon, he has to beat the established backup to get the same volume he had previously. Now I think he’s slightly more talented than Yeldon but he has to prove it to the coaching staff first and foremost. Better hope you have Chubb.

Edited by WaiverLooter

1 minute ago, WaiverLooter said:

This has to be trending towards negative. He was dominating carries on the browns. Now he’s at most a rental until Fournette gets back. And since they have Yeldon, he has to beat the established backup to get the same volume he had previously. Now I think he’s slightly more talented than Yeldon but he has to prove it to the coaching staff first and foremost. Better hope you have Chubb.

I don't have Chubb but have decent depth at RB... I guess we will just wait and see how it all plays out. 

5 minutes ago, ThePerfectBeard said:

I really don't know how to feel about this now... I was going to start him this week.  I mean it's great for Hyde in the future I guess, not this week though, right?

I think it's terrible unless they are putting Fournette on IR. He's going to miss this week and then RBBC for a game? I dunno confused until I see a Fourn/Yeldon injury update.. 

1 minute ago, jpark211 said:

So does this mean he will be playing behind Yeldon?

Probably behind Yeldon as Yeldon's been solid, knows the playbook, familiarity with the coaches, etc. Fournette is supposed to be back after the bye week.

1 minute ago, HTM said:

Anyone with thoughts on what this means for Hyde's value ROS? 

He’ll be in a committee with Yeldon and probably the 1B since he doesn’t know the offense as well.

If anything I think this is a really ominous sign for Fournette. Why give up a 5th rounder for a guy like Hyde if all is A ok with your stud RB?

The way the Browns keep trading away their starting players it just reinforces my suspicions the The Browns ate nothing more than a farm team by design to help other franchise around NFL

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Probably behind Yeldon as Yeldon's been solid, knows the playbook, familiarity with the coaches, etc. Fournette is supposed to be back after the bye week.

He will be back after bye week, says who?

8 minutes ago, ThePerfectBeard said:

I really don't know how to feel about this now... I was going to start him this week.  I mean it's great for Hyde in the future I guess, not this week though, right?

This isn't great at all

Awful and terrible and now my team is even uglier than it already was

I don't see how this is good news for Hyde at all unless Forunette goes on IR...

AND THEN ITS GREAT NEWS! 

2 minutes ago, jccouger said:

He will be back after bye week, says who?

Marrone said he had a "chance" to play Week 7 against Houston... 

1 minute ago, jccouger said:

I don't see how this is good news for Hyde at all unless Forunette goes on IR...

AND THEN ITS GREAT NEWS! 

I'm going to guess this is exactly why the move was made.  I could be wrong, but they would have been fine with Yeldon for a few weeks while Fournette healed.  I think they shelf him for the regular season at least.

6 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

He’ll be in a committee with Yeldon and probably the 1B since he doesn’t know the offense as well.

If anything I think this is a really ominous sign for Fournette. Why give up a 5th rounder for a guy like Hyde if all is A ok with your stud RB?

The way the Browns keep trading away their starting players it just reinforces my suspicions the The Browns ate nothing more than a farm team by design to help other franchise around NFL

This gives them the luxury to take it slow with Fournette. Yeldon needs help.

i think if fornette is on ir and the Jacksonville defense steps up, hyde could be in a better position. The browns have been playing from behind and abandoning the running game lately. Who knows what will happen, just trying to be optimistic.  

It's been awhile since Hyde had given us anything (in standard at least) anyway so I'll just be optimistic and hope this works out.