Sign in to follow this  
JoeJoe88

Carlos Hyde 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, milriver said:

yeah!!!! i now have three jax running bax!  cool starry bruh!!!!!

 

anyway, does he not play then this weekend i'm assuming?

Same boat.  Two leagues withnfournete, yeldon and hyde.  Its like this took two roster spots away.  Going from running 2 top 15 backs to zero inside the top 24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hyde was the only thing keeping my sad team afloat at the RB spot.  I'm in serious trouble.

 

Hopefully Fournette gets IR'ed and Hyde takes over 60-70% of the workload within a few weeks but I have a bad feeling Hyde is just a depth acquisition.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cheezor42 said:

Hyde was the only thing keeping my sad team afloat at the RB spot.  I'm in serious trouble.

 

Hopefully Fournette gets IR'ed and Hyde takes over 60-70% of the workload within a few weeks but I have a bad feeling Hyde is just a depth acquisition.

Why would Hyde overtake Yeldon unless Yeldon is hurt? Yeldon has been very solid,better than Hyde..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, maxim730 said:

Why would Hyde overtake Yeldon unless Yeldon is hurt? Yeldon has been very solid,better than Hyde..

 

I think the argument is that Yeldon is typically (with Fournette in) the change of pace back

I would imagine JAX not feeling comfortable with Yeldon taking the majority of the workload, hence trading for Hyde who can ease some pressure off 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jpark211 said:

 

I think the argument is that Yeldon is typically (with Fournette in) the change of pace back

I would imagine JAX not feeling comfortable with Yeldon taking the majority of the workload, hence trading for Hyde who can ease some pressure off 

Hmm I disagree since Yeldon has carried the load .. but we will find out over next couple weeks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, maxim730 said:

Why would Hyde overtake Yeldon unless Yeldon is hurt? Yeldon has been very solid,better than Hyde..

 

because Hyde is a better RB?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

10 minutes ago, jkendrick2 said:

i think if fornette is on ir and the Jacksonville defense steps up, hyde could be in a better position. The browns have been playing from behind and abandoning the running game lately. Who knows what will happen, just trying to be optimistic.  

 

I can't remember a time a decent RB was traded mid season and had as good or better performance on his new team that year.  Trent Richardson, anyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hyde will eventually overtake Yeldon's role. Probably not in the 1st week though as he learns a new offense and protections.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a good move... story has been Leo may get ir'd and hyde us an upgrade at rb for them... he is a very good back despite the fantasy forums dislike for him.... bad news for this weekend though unless you have Chubb cause he's gonna ball at tampa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, maxim730 said:

Why would Hyde overtake Yeldon unless Yeldon is hurt? Yeldon has been very solid,better than Hyde..

 

I don't think he will overtake him completely, I think it will be a split backfield that hurts both of their value.  Yeldon is a decent and versatile back but they probably use Hyde as their bruiser with Yeldon as a change of pace since that plays to both of their strengths.  I can easily see this screwing both players over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cheezor42 said:

 

I don't think he will overtake him completely, I think it will be a split backfield that hurts both of their value.  Yeldon is a decent and versatile back but they probably use Hyde as their bruiser with Yeldon as a change of pace since that plays to both of their strengths.  I can easily see this screwing both players over.

 

Yeldon seems to struggle with health though so maybe this will work out nicely for Hyde? Lots of doom and gloom... which is probably appropriate but who knows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say at the very east, Hyde takes goal line snaps and some carries from Yeldon, especially when leading.  I don't see them making this move without giving hyde a good amount of work.  Lowers the value of Hyde, Yeldon and Fournette for me, while increasing Chubbs by alot and Duke Johnson by a bit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HTM said:

 

Yeldon seems to struggle with health though so maybe this will work out nicely for Hyde? Lots of doom and gloom... which is probably appropriate but who knows

 

It's absolutely appropriate considering many people are probably facing must-win situations this week along with significant byes hitting and now we all lost our RB2...this is probably the final nail in my coffin in my money league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cheezor42 said:

 

It's absolutely appropriate considering many people are probably facing must-win situations this week along with significant byes hitting and now we all lost our RB2...this is probably the final nail in my coffin in my money league.

 

Sorry to heat that brotha. 

I'm just trying to be positive... short-term... yes its bad... long term? If Fournette comes back? Yea, its over ... If Fournette stays out? Who knows Jacksonville has a great defense and relies on running the ball it could be ok.. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wtf are the Brown's collecting 5th round picks for?  Do there really believe trading  their starters to stock pile FIFTH ROUND draft picks is the way to build their team?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2018 at 6:08 AM, lolcopter said:

Who cares, Chubb is not a threat to Hyde which is what MJJ is clearly implying

 

Lol. Was clear as day something like this was about to happen. Unfortunately the rest of my league also clearly saw it coming so I am left stuck with Hyde. Hopefully you didn’t cause too much damage to the people here by telling them to not sell on the most obvious sell high player of the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HTM said:

 

Sorry to heat that brotha. 

I'm just trying to be positive... short-term... yes its bad... long term? If Fournette comes back? Yea, its over ... If Fournette stays out? Who knows Jacksonville has a great defense and relies on running the ball it could be ok.. 

 

You're right, if Fournette gets IR'ed and Hyde takes over his role in the offense, it's not a bad situation at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kyle87 said:

Wtf are the Brown's collecting 5th round picks for?  Do there really believe trading  their starters to stock pile FIFTH ROUND draft picks is the way to build their team?

 

Hyde has been trending down pretty badly... they wanted to get Chubb in there and grab a pick... not hard to see why this happened... I was still surprised it did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hyde will eat here... role of fournette...this is a blessing for his owners.... I'm surprised the eagles didn't bite for a 5th though...but I'm glad they didn't go to that wasteland.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone else planning on trading Hyde away. I don’t really like his situation in Jacksonville. Hoping he has a big game then I’m trading him ASAP! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HOF12 said:

Is anyone else planning on trading Hyde away. I don’t really like his situation in Jacksonville. Hoping he has a big game then I’m trading him ASAP! 

you planning on trading with Hyde's mama I take it?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

 

Lol. Was clear as day something like this was about to happen. Unfortunately the rest of my league also clearly saw it coming so I am left stuck with Hyde. Hopefully you didn’t cause too much damage to the people here by telling them to not sell on the most obvious sell high player of the year.

 

Great work on quoting a post from three weeks ago when Hyde was still on the same team

Edited by lolcopter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lolcopter said:

 

Great work on quoting a post from three weeks ago when Hyde was still in the same team

 

Salt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.