Sign in to follow this  
JoeJoe88

Carlos Hyde 2018 Outlook

3 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

you planning on trading with Hyde's mama I take it?

I’m sure someone will bite specially if they start seeing yeldon lose carries. 

2 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

I own both guys there’s no reason to be salty

CSB

Well the Jags didn't trade draft stock for Hyde not to be the man until Fournette is right (which they must know he's not going to be right for a while), that's all there is to it. Yeldon moved to backup purposes and caused them to select Fournette for a reason. The real question is how long until he's used as the main back. I mean running backs just run, so learning the playbook means much less than other positions.

Edited by MrPositive

Berry isn't so down on it... so long as LF is out at least... 

Edited by HTM
figuring out how to put tweets in

As a Hyde owner and truther, if Forunette isn't sent to IR I think Hyde will be downright droppable, and only rosterable as a handcuff in case of Forunette re-injury.

This sucks. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Well the Jags didn't trade draft stock for Hyde not to be the man, that's all there is to it. Yeldon moved to backup purposes and caused them to select Fournette for a reason. The real question is how long until he's used as the main back. I mean running backs just run, so learning the playbook means much less than other positions.

A 5th round pick doesn’t make you the man

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HTM said:

Berry isn't so down on it... so long as LF is out at least... 

Probably a bad sign then.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, poofinger said:

A 5th round pick doesn’t make you the man

The Eagles traded a 4th rounder for Ajayi last year and he was the starter pretty much immediately. You don't trade draft stock for committee people or backups....ever.

Just now, MJJ28 said:

Probably a bad sign then.

Yea, probably. It's FF though so who knows what's gonna happen. 

4 minutes ago, milriver said:

3 backs

1 ball

Fournette is obviously now not coming back for weeks, if at all. They'll probably paint it positively, but there is absolutely no way in hell this is a good omen on Fournette.

Edited by MrPositive
  • Like 2

As a Hyde owner this sucks long term.  He likely will be a flex play for sure when Fournette is away. But when he comes back....Hyde is likely the back-up.

On the flip side might be able to get Fournette "cheap" now.

The Jags will probably look to install Hyde as the starter during their bye in Week 9, then he'll be usable in Week 10 moving forward.  If you're a team like the Jags, you don't make this move just for RB "depth" or whatever.  At worst, he'll probably end up the larger half of a committee with Yeldon.  And to me, more than anything this signals that Fournette ain't coming back anytime soon.  You definitely wouldn't make a move like this if he was.  So I'd recommend holding Hyde for now, although if you could manage to swing a trade with either of the Fournette/Yeldon owners, then that'd be ok too. 

1 minute ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

The Jags will probably look to install Hyde as the starter during their bye in Week 9, then he'll be usable in Week 10 moving forward.  If you're a team like the Jags, you don't make this move just for RB "depth" or whatever.  At worst, he'll probably end up the larger half of a committee with Yeldon.  And to me, more than anything this signals that Fournette ain't coming back anytime soon.  You definitely wouldn't make a move like this if he was.  So I'd recommend holding Hyde for now, although if you could manage to swing a trade with either of the Fournette/Yeldon owners, then that'd be ok too. 

Agreed. You don’t make this move just for Hyde to have a role in week 8 lol. Fournette is toast.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, MJJ28 said:

Agreed. You don’t make this move just for Hyde to have a role in week 8 lol. Fournette is toast.

You'd have to think so, but the Jags are saying differently. Shrug, who knows. Regardless, they destroyed a bunch of fantasy week 7 lineups with this trade. :/

1 minute ago, MrPositive said:

You'd have to think so, but the Jags are saying differently. Shrug, who knows. Regardless, they destroyed a bunch of fantasy week 7 lineups with this trade. :/

thats a reporter that said that...he is blowing smoke...nobody makes a move like this if their guy is coming back in a few weeks

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Power-O said:

thats a reporter that said that...he is blowing smoke...nobody makes a move like this if their guy is coming back in a few weeks

Like I said, I agree with you guys. No way they'd trade a draft pick for a guy that will literally never play if Fournette returns. It would seriously be the dumbest move in many years in the NFL.

• Like 1

Potential bad news for... Hyde owners.  

More likely terrible news for... Fournette owners.  The chance of him going on IR just went up like five-fold with the news of this trade.

I cannot conceive of any other reason why Jacksonville would have made this move other than concern that Fournette was going to be done for the season.  You don't trade a fifth rounder to acquire a guy to be a third back behind Fournette and Yeldon (3rd down role).  If you needed another back for that role, you'd just call up JAGtower or any of a number of guys who tend to disappear them come back off and on in this league.

But this is not great news for Hyde regardless.  Even if Fournette goes on IR, you've already lost any value of Hyde in Week 7 and there's no guarantee he'll get big volume even as the RB1 in JAX even if he ends up in that role.  The thing you were getting out of Hyde in CLE is volume.

8 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Potential bad news for... Hyde owners.  

More likely terrible news for... Fournette owners.  The chance of him going on IR just went up like five-fold with the news of this trade.

I cannot conceive of any other reason why Jacksonville would have made this move other than concern that Fournette was going to be done for the season.  You don't trade a fifth rounder to acquire a guy to be a third back behind Fournette and Yeldon (3rd down role).  If you needed another back for that role, you'd just call up JAGtower or any of a number of guys who tend to disappear them come back off and on in this league.

But this is not great news for Hyde regardless.  Even if Fournette goes on IR, you've already lost any value of Hyde in Week 7 and there's no guarantee he'll get big volume even as the RB1 in JAX even if he ends up in that role.  The thing you were getting out of Hyde in CLE is volume.

TBF Hyde hadn't given owners anything in three weeks. CLE started passing a lot more with Baker. The JAX situation could end up being good. Bortles is pretty bad and they absolutely have to run the ball. Additionally, LF and Yeldon are always banged up. We will just have to wait and see. 

Edited by HTM

1 hour ago, Kyle87 said:

Wtf are the Brown's collecting 5th round picks for?  Do there really believe trading  their starters to stock pile FIFTH ROUND draft picks is the way to build their team?

Because they are cheap players to be had at that round and they can contribute next year as opposed to Chubb doing Hyde's role probably better. Hyde was signed before Chubb was drafted- writing was on the wall as Hyde only has a 1 year deal.

The 5th round pick can also be used as ammunition to move up in the 3rd or something.