Sign in to follow this  
JoeJoe88

Carlos Hyde 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Hyde owner.

 

Frustrating as I could have easily started Lindsay or Emmanuel last night.  I was going with the matchup of Hyde vs TB.  This sucks...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, jccouger said:

As a Hyde owner and truther, if Forunette isn't sent to IR I think Hyde will be downright droppable, and only rosterable as a handcuff in case of Forunette re-injury.

 

This sucks. 

Got my finger on the drop Hyde, add Doug Martin or Jalen Richard button currently.  Hydes useless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

 

Like I said, I agree with you guys. No way they'd trade a draft pick for a guy that will literally never play if Fournette returns. It would seriously be the dumbest move in many years in the NFL.

 

 

I own Hyde and desperately need him as my team is falling apart and I could easily see the Jags doing this just for Fournette insurance. 

 

> Jags have Supebowl aspirations and Fournette hasn’t made it though a full game yet. Bottles isnt going to carry the team and Yeldon’s been getting dinged up. Makes sense.

 

> Hyde’s contract is supposedly easy to get out of after this year. 

 

I’m holding because I have no choice but this is not good.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fournette will not be back after the bye. If the Jags were so confident he would be coming back at 100% they wouldn't have traded a 5th round pick for someone to be a backup.

 

They way I see it, Fournette is not even CLOSE to returning. I don't need reports from the idiotic media to tell me that I just have to see they traded for another back.

Edited by raidaz18
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Potential bad news for... Hyde owners.  

More likely terrible news for... Fournette owners.  The chance of him going on IR just went up like five-fold with the news of this trade.

 

I cannot conceive of any other reason why Jacksonville would have made this move other than concern that Fournette was going to be done for the season.  You don't trade a fifth rounder to acquire a guy to be a third back behind Fournette and Yeldon (3rd down role).  If you needed another back for that role, you'd just call up JAGtower or any of a number of guys who tend to disappear them come back off and on in this league.

 

But this is not great news for Hyde regardless.  Even if Fournette goes on IR, you've already lost any value of Hyde in Week 7 and there's no guarantee he'll get big volume even as the RB1 in JAX even if he ends up in that role.  The thing you were getting out of Hyde in CLE is volume.

 

I think it's this:

 

1) Fournette will come back from injury, and assume starter's role and Yeldon will spell him. Hyde will be a depth piece or "inactive" since he essentially does't LF's role.

2) Fournette is not taking care of himself or putting in the time to stay healthy. He's not recovering fast enough and conditioning himself the way he should. Therefore, chance of re-injury is high. Hyde's a depth piece- will fill in if/when LF is injured.

3) Yeldon will always have a role, but he most definitely will not have a bellcow role again this year unless pure injury. Unfortunate- Yeldon looked really good in a Bellcow role but looks like they want to keep him fresh at 12-14 touches a game.

4) JAX CANNOT afford to miss the playoffs with their young defense being cheap on contract. Hyde gives them a bit more security at RB.

5) Fournette's option is definitely not going to be picked up. Spending a 5th round pick as opposed to trading or potentially releasing Fournette is not a bad cost. This could light a fire under LF (like Joe Flacco.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

 

I think it's this:

 

1) Fournette will come back from injury, and assume starter's role and Yeldon will spell him. Hyde will be a depth piece or "inactive" since he essentially does't LF's role.

2) Fournette is not taking care of himself or putting in the time to stay healthy. He's not recovering fast enough and conditioning himself the way he should. Therefore, chance of re-injury is high. Hyde's a depth piece- will fill in if/when LF is injured.

3) Yeldon will always have a role, but he most definitely will not have a bellcow role again this year unless pure injury. Unfortunate- Yeldon looked really good in a Bellcow role but looks like they want to keep him fresh at 12-14 touches a game.

4) JAX CANNOT afford to miss the playoffs with their young defense being cheap on contract. Hyde gives them a bit more security at RB.

5) Fournette's option is definitely not going to be picked up. Spending a 5th round pick as opposed to trading or potentially releasing Fournette is not a bad cost. This could light a fire under LF (like Joe Flacco.)

 

You have great positivity in Fournette who has played a combined total of 1 game this season lol Again, teams DO NOT TRADE mid level draft stock for guys they 'hope' to make inactive on Sundays. AND ESPECIALLY NOT FOR AGING RUNNING BACKS! 

Edited by MrPositive
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MrPositive said:

 

You have great positivity in Fournette who has played a total of 1 game this season lol Again, teams DO NOT TRADE mid level draft stock for guys they 'hope' to make inactive on Sundays. AND ESPECIALLY NOT FOR AGING RUNNING BACKS! 

 

Coming from Mr. Positivity himself :) 

 

If Yeldon goes down, what else do they have, Jamaal Charles? Yuck.

 

Hyde is just not that great. He got a ton of volume in Cleveland, and goal line TD's. Kept his value afloat. 

 

I do have faith in LF coming back after the bye because he had tons of weeks to heal and to be off. That being said, I don't have faith in LF staying healthy. 

 

Hyde just helps with peace of mind for the Jags. What the hell is a 5th round pick anyways? How's that a premium pick? A 5th round pick in order to win games this year and have a RB to help win those games? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

 

Coming from Mr. Positivity himself :) 

 

If Yeldon goes down, what else do they have, Jamaal Charles? Yuck.

 

Hyde is just not that great. He got a ton of volume in Cleveland, and goal line TD's. Kept his value afloat. 

 

I do have faith in LF coming back after the bye because he had tons of weeks to heal and to be off. That being said, I don't have faith in LF staying healthy. 

 

Hyde just helps with peace of mind for the Jags. What the hell is a 5th round pick anyways? How's that a premium pick? A 5th round pick in order to win games this year and have a RB to help win those games? 

Hyde was playing behind one of the worst, if not the worst offensive lines in football in Cleveland. You think Cleveland was dropping those 1st rounders on OL? Ya no, almost everything went to defense and Mayfield of course. A 5th round pick is youthful depth, it matters a lot. The Eagles traded a 4th rounder for Ajayi last year and he was the starter like that week and ran for a TD if I recall correctly. I just think anybody not using this opportunity to unload Fournette right now has lost their minds. Exactly like those that didn't do it with Devonta Freeman when they had the chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, raidaz18 said:

Fournette will not be back after the bye. If the Jags were so confident he would be coming back at 100% they wouldn't have traded a 5th round pick for someone to be a backup.

 

They way I see it, Fournette is not even CLOSE to returning. I don't need reports from the idiotic media to tell me that I just have to see they traded for another back.

 

Wishful thinking. 

Hyde owners are all in denial. 

Hyde owners have a zero from him this week. A zero from him in 2weeks. And then have to pray all the reports about  fournette are wrong and that yeldon won't split carries with him. 

This trade is an unmitigated disaster for Hyde owners.

Edited by wideopen21
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

 

You have great positivity in Fournette who has played a combined total of 1 game this season lol Again, teams DO NOT TRADE mid level draft stock for guys they 'hope' to make inactive on Sundays. AND ESPECIALLY NOT FOR AGING RUNNING BACKS! 

I think Yeldon will be odd man out and Hyde will be change of pace. Fournette will just get more receiving duties. If Fournette goes down again Hyde becomes the #1. I think they made this move as insurance. This is a team that had SB aspirations last year. For their defense to be at their best they need a run game which they’ve lacked because Fournette can’t stay healthy. Obviously they feel Fournette is a bit brittle and they need to win now. I do see Fournette losing some touches though. 

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tragic news for Hyde's fantasy value, not only is he not starting this week but it is being reported that this was just a depth move by the Jags and Fournette is expected to return week 10 to lead role. Hyde has one game to have any kind of meaningful role, that he will split with Yeldon against Philly. Yuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Hyde was playing behind one of the worst, if not the worst offensive lines in football in Cleveland. You think Cleveland was dropping those 1st rounders on OL? Ya no, almost everything went to defense and Mayfield of course. A 5th round pick is youthful depth, it matters a lot. The Eagles traded a 4th rounder for Ajayi last year and he was the starter like that week and ran for a TD if I recall correctly. I just think anybody not using this opportunity to unload Fournette right now has lost their minds. Exactly like those that didn't do it with Devonta Freeman when they had the chance.

I’m trying to unload him. I have been for a few weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no doubt it's a total disaster for everyone involved except Nick Chubb of all people lol....and possibly Hyde, but who knows of course. Regardless, even if by some miracle Fournette makes a full recovery, he's gonna be in a 3 way committee, so his value is torpedoed too. This blows all the way around. 

Edited by MrPositive
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

 

Wishful thinking. 

Hyde owners are all in denial. 

Hyde owners have a zero from him this week. A zero from him in 2weeks. And then have to pray all the reports about  fournette are wrong and that yeldon won't split carries with him. 

This trade is an unmitigated disaster for Hyde owners.

 

It's a mitigated disaster; the mitigation being questions about Fournette's health.  But you certainly can't spin this as a good thing for Hyde.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MJJ28 said:

 

Lol. Was clear as day something like this was about to happen. Unfortunately the rest of my league also clearly saw it coming so I am left stuck with Hyde. Hopefully you didn’t cause too much damage to the people here by telling them to not sell on the most obvious sell high player of the year.

 

Lol, yeah it was so clear and obvious that no one was shocked or surprised today by this move (note sarcasm). And if it was so clear and obvious to you, then why didn’t you post here that it was clear and obvious that a trade was getting ready to go down? Lol. 

 

And selling high was a joke. Hyde is a widely disrespected back in the fantasy world. No one was buying when he was an RB1 earlier this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m guessing this will be a complete RBBC with all 3 active and splitting carries. Once LF comes back maybe they don’t want him getting 20 carries. Keep that hammy fresh. Could be a hot mess for fantasy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KennyWoo said:

 

It's a mitigated disaster; the mitigation being questions about Fournette's health.  But you certainly can't spin this as a good thing for Hyde.

 

He went from the lead back to MAYBE being in a job share with yeldon..

Just now, MasonBlue said:

I’m guessing this will be a complete RBBC with all 3 active and splitting carries. Once LF comes back maybe they don’t want him getting 20 carries. Keep that hammy fresh. Could be a hot mess for fantasy. 

While I think this is a disaster for Hyde owners it's not much better for fournette and yeldon owners. 

I don't see Hyde being the lead back but he'll get his share of touches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MasonBlue said:

I’m guessing this will be a complete RBBC with all 3 active and splitting carries. Once LF comes back maybe they don’t want him getting 20 carries. Keep that hammy fresh. Could be a hot mess for fantasy. 

 

It's a hot mess for fantasy, unless by logic Fournette is Fubar....which in my brain makes the most sense here. shrug If for real, they traded a mid level draft pick for an 'insurance policy'. It will officially be the first time I've ever seen it in my life in the NFL.

Edited by MrPositive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

 

Lol, yeah it was so clear and obvious that no one was shocked or surprised today by this move (note sarcasm). And if it was so clear and obvious to you, then why didn’t you post here that it was clear and obvious that a trade was getting ready to go down? Lol. 

 

And selling high was a joke. Hyde is a widely disrespected back in the fantasy world. No one was buying when he was an RB1 earlier this season. 

 

A trade wasn’t obvious but it was clear Chubb was going to take touches and render Hyde useless. 2nd round rookies averaging 10 ypc behind a stopgap vet averaging 3 ypc don’t ride the pine for long. To believe anything else was just sticking your head in the sand.

 

I was in here saying to trade Hyde about three weeks ago when it was clear he was not long for the job. Would you like me to dig up the posts?

Edited by MJJ28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

 

Because they are cheap players to be had at that round and they can contribute next year as opposed to Chubb doing Hyde's role probably better. Hyde was signed before Chubb was drafted- writing was on the wall as Hyde only has a 1 year deal.

 

The 5th round pick can also be used as ammunition to move up in the 3rd or something. 

 

Hyde signed a three yr deal. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

 

Hyde signed a three yr deal. 

 

“3 year deal.” In actuality/effectiveness it’s a one year deal.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

 

Wishful thinking. 

Hyde owners are all in denial. 

Hyde owners have a zero from him this week. A zero from him in 2weeks. And then have to pray all the reports about  fournette are wrong and that yeldon won't split carries with him. 

This trade is an unmitigated disaster for Hyde owners.

No question.  I was excited when I heard about the trade thinking Indy, Houston,maybe Oakland (with Lynch about to hit IR).  This is an awful landing spot for Hyde

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Teams don't give up a 5th round pick for a backup RB on a 3 week rental.  Fournette is not in good shape and they have serious enough concerns that they added a significant piece to bolster their run game.  I'd be shocked if negative news on Fournette doesn't come out in the days/weeks to come.

 

That said, still not happy about this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

 

A trade wasn’t obvious but it was clear Chubb was going to take touches and render Hyde useless. 2nd round rookies averaging 10 ypc behind a stopgap vet averaging 3 ypc don’t ride the pine for long. To believe anything else was just sticking your head in the sand.

 

I was in here saying to trade Hyde about two weeks ago when it was clear he was not long for the job. Would you like me to dig up the posts?

 

No one had any idea this trade was coming down. And if it hadn’t there was no clear evidence that Chubb was about to overtake Hyde. 

 

Now I own both in a league with deep benches. So I’m happy about Chubb getting his shot and able to wait-and-see what happens with the Jax situation. Point being, I’m not a jaded Hyde owner because I had him cuffed with the rookie. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

 

“3 year deal.” In actuality/effectiveness it’s a one year deal.

 

It’s reportedly cheap to get out of after the first year, but the fact remains that he signed a three year deal, not a one year deal as PtW reported. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this