Sign in to follow this  
JoeJoe88

Carlos Hyde 2018 Outlook

7 minutes ago, nb009 said:

I don’t fully understand how Jamaal Charles was active after being signed from the street a few days earlier, yet Hyde is inactive after the same thing.

Jags had literally no one else at RB so they needed Charles active just to have another body on the bench. Now that they have Charles they can afford to let Hyde get caught up on the playbook. 

7 minutes ago, munde53 said:

Jags had literally no one else at RB so they needed Charles active just to have another body on the bench. Now that they have Charles they can afford to let Hyde get caught up on the playbook. 

Charles played 17 snaps though. He was getting run before it even got out of hand.

1 minute ago, MJJ28 said:

Charles played 17 snaps though. He was getting run before it even got out of hand.

Your point? They need more than one running back active on Sunday so Charles was active. Yeldon isn't a back you want to get 15+ touches a game because he'll breakdown so they used Charles to spell him. Now they have two healthy running backs with Yeldon and Charles so they can hold off Hyde for this week. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, munde53 said:

Your point? They need more than one running back active on Sunday so Charles was active. Yeldon isn't a back you want to get 15+ touches a game because he'll breakdown so they used Charles to spell him. Now they have two healthy running backs with Yeldon and Charles so they can hold off Hyde for this week. 

My point was that Charles wasn't a body on the bench. He came off the street into meaningful game action on very short notice, but for some reason Hyde isn't doing the same even though they clearly feel like they need him.

Edited by MJJ28

4 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

My point was that Charles wasn't a body on the bench. He came off the street into meaningful game action on very short notice, but for some reason Hyde isn't doing the same even though they clearly feel like they need him.

You're getting caught up "body on the bench." Charles was on the bench as in he wasn't a starter and he saw very few plays. Charles being active was a desperation move, nothing more. Jags don't feel like they're as desperate anymore because Charles has an additional week to learn the playbook and now they don't have just one healthy running back. Hyde will probably be active but just for RB depth in case Yeldon or Charles are injured.

I don't understand why this is so hard to understand?

Think u sell high if he goes off against philly

best case: LF goes on IR and he shares or 70/30 with yeldon

worst case: 3 headed RBBC

most likely: LF comes back and they split carries with LF dominating touches 

2 hours ago, TheINC said:

Hyde is a volume dependent jag at this point, at least he got traded to the rightfully named team...

Ok, thanks for the useless comment...

I think we all know this is all irrelevant unless LF is out.  Debate numbers and the rest if you want, but Hyde's historicals are laregely irrelevent at this point.  It all comes down to Fournette's health.  Yeldon is Duke Johnson.  Jamal Charles is gone.   Hyde is the poor man's LF...

Edited by esprits4s

3 minutes ago, esprits4s said:

Ok, thanks for the useless comment...

anytime brah

• Like 1

Guess it's fitting Hyde is a jag now because he's the definition of jag.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kdubb44 said:

Think u sell high if he goes off against philly

best case: LF goes on IR and he shares or 70/30 with yeldon

worst case: 3 headed RBBC

most likely: LF comes back and they split carries with LF dominating touches 

Sell high?  I've been talking up Hyde for a while, but he is no more than a cuff unless LF goes down for the season.  No way anyone paying attention trades anything of value for Hyde at this point outside of the RB neediest leagues.

2 hours ago, TheINC said:

Hyde is out this week and if your an owner of any Jags RB now how you do know who to play?  Hyde was getting production based on volume, he wont get that in Jax. Fournette is a waste, and Yeldon has one last week of relevancy until you can drop him.  I'll admit to being a salty LF, Yeldon, and Hyde owner and this trade just basically sunk my season as I saw my ownership of 2 teams RBs shrink to 1, but yet I have 3 roster spots taken up by these 3 now useless players.  The best case scenario is they IR Fournette at this point to at least make the choices a little less murky, but that's expecting to much out of these fools running things in Jax.

So you have fournette, Hyde, yeldon, and also Howard?

Man that's brutal. And I thought I looked bad starting Raheem Mostert.

A lot of gloom and doom in here.  Hyde was trending down had he stayed in Cleveland.  Mayfield was not exactly fond of throwing to his RBs.  Chubb was coming on, and Hue was barking at Haley to give Duke more run.

Now Hyde is one broken down Leonard Fournette and mediocre TJ Yeldon away from being the main man on one of the best running teams in the NFL.  I actually like his chances.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

So you have fournette, Hyde, yeldon, and also Howard?

Man that's brutal. And I thought I looked bad starting Raheem Mostert.

Yup sure do, I had Miller as well but at least I was able to flip him for Golladay a few weeks back.  It's pretty sad when you're hoping for Ito Smith to save your season...

Fournette cant stay healthy. Yeldon is better suited to be a change of pace back.

Hyde just became a lotto ticket for those with a good chance at making the playoffs. He has no trade value now so cant trade him either.

Best case scenario is come weeks 10-16, Fournette is hurt again (not that Im wishing that) and Hyde becomes the bell cow for the Jags, meaning 20+ touches.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

On the contrary.  I think this trade saved your bacon.  You will almost certainly end up with at least one highly useful back out of that group.  If I had to bet which one, I would bet Hyde since he is the healthiest.

Maybe long term but it certainly doesnt help me in the short term where I need the wins sitting at 2-4.  Basically this situation won't resolve itself until after Jax bye in week 9, so its a minimum of 3 more weeks of using 3 roster spots on RBs from the same team. I have a hard time viewing this as a bacon saving move, in my specific case that is.

5 minutes ago, TheINC said:

Maybe long term but it certainly doesnt help me in the short term where I need the wins sitting at 2-4.  Basically this situation won't resolve itself until after Jax bye in week 9, so its a minimum of 3 more weeks of using 3 roster spots on RBs from the same team. I have a hard time viewing this as a bacon saving move, in my specific case that is.

This is the perfect summation of this entire messy situation for Hyde and Yeldon owners

6 hours ago, pushaZ said:

Guess it's fitting Hyde is a jag now because he's the definition of jag.

I get the joke but I don't think Hyde is a jag personally. Dude was 6th in the league in receptions last year with 60. And was 13 in rushing yards, just outside 1000, which a horrific team, until the end. He's still only 28. Could this trade make him a JAG? I guess, but surely they didn't just trade a 5th round pick, and took on a huge contract for that. There surely is more to Fournette's injury than they are leading on.

• Like 2

Should I trade my 2nd round pick for Hyde I’m my dynasty league!?! I have two 2nd rounders and have Chubb, Mack, breida, and cook McKinnon and freeman all hurt.

21 minutes ago, McCafsteez said:

Should I trade my 2nd round pick for Hyde I’m my dynasty league!?! I have two 2nd rounders and have Chubb, Mack, breida, and cook McKinnon and freeman all hurt.

No. He is playing next week, then he’s on bye and then he is a back up.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

You dont know that for sure

47 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

I was making this trade banking on LF getting reinjured, thoughts?

2 minutes ago, McCafsteez said:

I don’t think anyone knows for sure about LF reinjuring himself but I think he will play week 10. He will have been out, what, a month at that point?  I expect he will be out there.  I don’t see any reason why the Jags would say he’d be ready if he’s not. 

He seems like like a bigger injury risk than most but I don’t think I would bet more than I could afford to lose on a reinjury after week 10.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TheINC said:

Basically this situation won't resolve itself until after Jax bye in week 9.

The crappy part of this is that the vast majority of Yahoo leagues have a trading deadline that comes on November 10...the Saturday before Week 10. So Hyde really has zero trade value even if he has a good week 8 debut for the Jags because week 9 is their bye and Fournette may return for Week 10. But there may also be some ambiguity about Fournette's return even then. So if you own Hyde, you're pretty much stuck with keeping him on your roster. You can't just cut him outright yet, and the only owners trading for Hyde right now play in leagues I don't want to be in. 

1 hour ago, McCafsteez said:

I wouldn't trade anything for Hyde at this point in any league. I surely wouldn't give up a 2nd rounder for him when his future is very unknown at this point, especially past this year in a dynasty. Maybe the BCS happens after this season...the Jags get out of his deal and he signs on with a good team with a good OL or the Saints let Ingram walk and sign Hyde to replace him. Or maybe the WCS happens after this season...the Jags keep him as backup insurance, and Fournette has a healthy season, relegating Hyde to an average of 6-8 touches per game while LF gets 15-18 and Yeldon gets 6-8. There are just too many variables to trade a 2nd round pick in a dynasty for him. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, McCafsteez said:

Never make a deal for a player banking on the starter ahead of him to get reinjured. Sometimes oft-injured players stop getting injured. Hyde played 34 of 48 games in his first three seasons in the NFL. But he's played his last 22 without issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1