Sign in to follow this  
JoeJoe88

Carlos Hyde 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

I'm out.  Not playing this week, then Philly, then a bye, then Fournette expected back.  Even if he doesn't come back, 3 weeks is a long time to hold a guy you aren't going to use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

A lot of gloom and doom in here.  Hyde was trending down had he stayed in Cleveland.  Mayfield was not exactly fond of throwing to his RBs.  Chubb was coming on, and Hue was barking at Haley to give Duke more run.

 

Now Hyde is one broken down Leonard Fournette and mediocre TJ Yeldon away from being the main man on one of the best running teams in the NFL.  I actually like his chances.

 

 

Exactly. I understand how tough it is to be patient, but there's no telling how this might work out down the road even when Fournette does return. The Jaguars traded for Hyde, so they're going to want to use him. 

 

That said, remember that the Jaguars have no LT or TE as they're plugging in a scrubs at these spots. The other OLs are trying to make up for the situation, but it's really downgraded the entire offense including the run game. But it's a team that wants to control the game with the run, and they feel Hyde will make that happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jags02 said:

 

 

Exactly. I understand how tough it is to be patient, but there's no telling how this might work out down the road even when Fournette does return. The Jaguars traded for Hyde, so they're going to want to use him.

 

As I understand the trade, it's for a 5th round draft pick in the spring, so it's not huge if Hyde doesn't play much. I'd suggest it's more likely that Hyde is serving as Fournette insurance because the Jags are not confident Jamaal Charles can fulfill the Corey Grant role, and Yeldon is continually dinged up. If Fournette fails to return, and Bortles somehow gets this team to the playoffs, we might see Yeldon and Hyde splitting the backfield, the touches going to the healthiest back. I like what Hyde did last season, but there seem to be a number of mouths to feed in Jacksonville, assuming Fournette can come back, and with Fournette back there is no way you can reliably play Hyde in 12-team leagues. No way. That said, if we're talking dynasty or keeper, Hyde may be Fournette's backup in 2019 (Yeldon is on a contract year and has not returned on his Round 2 pedigree), and if Yeldon goes and Hyde is the only guy behind Fournette there's BIG value long-term... Just sayin'

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cohenstantinople said:

 

As I understand the trade, it's for a 5th round draft pick in the spring, so it's not huge if Hyde doesn't play much. I'd suggest it's more likely that Hyde is serving as Fournette insurance because the Jags are not confident Jamaal Charles can fulfill the Corey Grant role, and Yeldon is continually dinged up. If Fournette fails to return, and Bortles somehow gets this team to the playoffs, we might see Yeldon and Hyde splitting the backfield, the touches going to the healthiest back. I like what Hyde did last season, but there seem to be a number of mouths to feed in Jacksonville, assuming Fournette can come back, and with Fournette back there is no way you can reliably play Hyde in 12-team leagues. No way. That said, if we're talking dynasty or keeper, Hyde may be Fournette's backup in 2019 (Yeldon is on a contract year and has not returned on his Round 2 pedigree), and if Yeldon goes and Hyde is the only guy behind Fournette there's BIG value long-term... Just sayin'

 

 

I'd wait til week 9, its not even a sure thing Fournette will be back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trade for Fournette. You can probably get him dirt cheap now. I'm not panicking but I'm sure a lot of Fournette owners are at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Trade for Fournette. You can probably get him dirt cheap now. I'm not panicking but I'm sure a lot of Fournette owners are at this point.

I am pretty sure trading for Fournette is a BAD idea.  Sure they told a reporter Fournette will be back any day now, but they also just traded for a starting RB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I am pretty sure trading for Fournette is a BAD idea.  Sure they told a reporter Fournette will be back any day now, but they also just traded for a starting RB.

Quickly fading starting running back, who was about to be replaced by an up and comer rookie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, timexsocialclub said:

Quickly fading starting running back, who was about to be replaced by an up and comer rookie.

And yet, a starter nonetheless.  Fournette is obviously not right currently, and I am dubious about his recovery.  Would not be looking to give up significant resources to acquire damaged goods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fade of hyde is greatly exaggerated here in this forum... was one of the best backs in the league last year, why the browns signed him.... he's been terrific this year with use... doesn't get the carries? What's he supposed to do? He'll be now on a team where he'll be used as runner and receiver both he does well... this is a good move for him and the jags... def a bad move for fournette whose pushing more dnps than games played...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Carlos Hyde has a "chance" to make his Jaguars debut against the Texans in Week 7.

It's been a whirlwind 48 hours for Hyde, who arrived in Jacksonville around midnight on Friday, passed his physical Saturday morning, then attended the team's walkthrough later that afternoon. Hyde reportedly got a "crash course" on the team's playbook, though obviously if he sees the field Sunday it won't be for more than a handful of snaps. T.J. Yeldon is still safe to fire up as a borderline RB1 in all formats.
Oct 21 - 8:01 AM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope he’s inactive. Can’t risk playing him. Might as well free up a roster spot with IR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I am pretty sure trading for Fournette is a BAD idea.  Sure they told a reporter Fournette will be back any day now, but they also just traded for a starting RB.

Fact is you can probably get him for nothing. Nothing wrong with hedging your bets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Fact is you can probably get him for nothing. Nothing wrong with hedging your bets.

If you can get Fournette for nothing, yes I agree.  I doubt it is possible, though, as Fournette owners likely believe Fournette will return after the bye and put up RB1 numbers down the stretch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Fact is you can probably get him for nothing. Nothing wrong with hedging your bets.

 

9 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

If you can get Fournette for nothing, yes I agree.  I doubt it is possible, though, as Fournette owners likely believe Fournette will return after the bye and put up RB1 numbers down the stretch.

 

Yeah, I can't see it. Even after the Hyde trade, the general feeling is that Fournette will be back in time for the FF playoffs. Fournette is at that awkward point where he might be worth nothing, but the potential upside is clearly there, and what does an owner gain from trading him for a song?  I'm thinking you'd be more likely to trade Hyde away to the Fournette owner as they will be getting more nervous.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2018 at 2:53 PM, Scott3705 said:

Same boat.  Two leagues withnfournete, yeldon and hyde.  Its like this took two roster spots away.  Going from running 2 top 15 backs to zero inside the top 24

 

I can’t wait until our entire Jax bax has a bye!  Now we have our handcuff’s handcuff too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, milriver said:

 

I can’t wait until our entire Jax bax has a bye!  Now we have our handcuff’s handcuff too!

Yeldon droppable at this point I think.  I got the spike right on the nuts with Melvin Gordon being out too.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

howzabout Coughlin pulls the ol' quick one and deals Hyde to Philly for Foles ...

 

:wacko:

 

Now that would be down-right terrific.  If Jacksonville had a viable running back to go with their newly acquired Foles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You've gotta think Hyde will get some nice volume this week. Yeldon appears slower to me than years past, and was worthless this last game and part of the internal fight was over the offense doing absolutely nothing from the ground. There's a reason he was meant to be a backup this season. The Jaguars are spiraling downward and need a win in the worst way. I'd think they'd like to see what Hyde can do this week in a full mode, especially if Fournette won't be ready like they hope.

Edited by MrPositive
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eagles D is banged up and playing poorly...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lockout King said:

You guys playing him this week?

 

No. Even though my other options aren't great. I want to see how things shake out first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.