Sign in to follow this  
JoeJoe88

Carlos Hyde 2018 Outlook

9 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Cleveland got probably the best deal out of any of these FA rb signings.  It’s a win no matter how you slice it.   For one of the best available.  

Its also the deepest rb class in recent history and there are multiple franchise changing players available at the top.  Chubb and Minkah come to mind.   And Nelson is going to dominate in this league for a decade.      

Fantastic move for the Browns.  It doesn’t happen often but it deserves recognition   

I just don't see it that way....from the outside, it looks like the Browns being the Browns.

49 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Nope, he catches very well, but who's in there when its comeback mode, him or Duke?     Hyde's a good receiving back.  Duke is one of the best in the league.    It doesn't mean Hyde sits every third down, per se, but its not a stretch to expect Cleveland to again be a lower end team, finding themselves in those 2nd half holes again.      Tyrod lays plenty of eggs, especially against the better teams, and on the road.   I think most road weeks, you're looking at at sputtering offense, and Hyde will fade out as the game goes on and Cleveland's deficit grows.   

Duke hasn't been very successful helping the team in the comeback mode from what I've seen.

I just checked the NFL standings over the last 2 years to confirm that as well.

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Definitely not.   The opportunity cost is a top 5 draft pick- so Hyde fills their need and allows

these picks to be used for other purposes.     Was never a fan of using a top 5 for a rb or wr.  

And for 2.5M/yr LESS than McKinnon was paid by SF.      Great deal for Cleveland 

Agreed 100%.  I argue this with people all the time.

High draft picks should be spent on high cost FA players.

I always use opportunity cost when making my point too.

My friends just don't want to hear it though, but when you can draft a high paid skill position (QB, OT, WR, DE, CB) then you can pay the cheaper skill positions and get the best ones in FA.

Those are the only 5 positions I'd ever draft top 5, Barkley might be the best player in this draft, but I'd just trade the pick away before I spent it on him.

Edited by 96mnc
  • Like 3

But somehow with all these good snags Cleveland will still end up 1-15

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Cleveland got probably the best deal out of any of these FA rb signings.  It’s a win no matter how you slice it.   For one of the best available.  

Its also the deepest rb class in recent history and there are multiple franchise changing players available at the top.  Chubb and Minkah come to mind.   And Nelson is going to dominate in this league for a decade.      

Fantastic move for the Browns.  It doesn’t happen often but it deserves recognition   

The highest Dorsey has ever drafted a rb is the 3rd rd as the GM of KC last rb he drafted was kareem Hunt. I suspect you see him draft a later rd rb.

He has added about 5 quality veteran starters in FA and has retained both 1st rd picks. passing on barkley shouldnt even be something to grumble about. Browns fans should be ecstatic at his recent moves to improve the team.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

Is it a bold prediction to suggest they climb to 3-13 this season? They have the talent for those three wins!

3 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Agreed 100%.  I argue this with people all the time.

High draft picks should be spent on high cost FA players.

I always use opportunity cost when making my point too.

My friends just don't want to hear it though, but when you can draft a high paid skill position (QB, WR, DE, CB) then you can pay the cheaper skill positions and get the best ones in FA.

Those are the only 4 positions I'd ever draft top 5, Barkley might be the best player in this draft, but I'd just trade the pick away before I spent it on him.

Add OT and remove WR (generally).  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

Add OT and remove WR (generally).  

I thought I had OT listed.  I agree with you. 

You're a mod.  Would you kindly add OT to my list and change my last sentence to say "Those are the only 5..."

I'm jk, not necessary, unless you want to do it, I wouldn't stop you lol.

• Like 1

lol, If going to the Browns wasn't bad enough, now he's going to a Browns OL without their best Tackle.

Strength of the team instantly becomes a question mark.  

4 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

They were actually within 6 points in the 4th quarter of nine of their 16 games last season. They just didnt have the talent to close unlike now.

34 minutes ago, drumr470 said:

I would say Cleveland is now Barkley's worst-case scenario

It always has been... as long as Hue is HC.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cohenstantinople said:

Is it a bold prediction to suggest they climb to 3-13 this season? They have the talent for those three wins!

They had the talent for those wins and more last year.

Their talent this year should produce a winning record. They won't come close.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nonstopfan said:

They were actually within 6 points in the 4th quarter of nine of their 16 games last season. They just didnt have the talent to close unlike now.

It's Cleveland tho, somehow they still won't close lol

8 hours ago, nonstopfan said:

It's the NFL. More games are close than there are blowouts. 

• Like 1

On 3/14/2018 at 10:01 PM, Fielder1831 said:

Man I didn't think signing with the Browns could be worse...... than Thomas retires.

Than Nick Chubb is drafted.

RIP Carlos Hyde.

Browns have needs everywhere... so they take the 4th best at each position than redundant RBs.

Browns gonna Brown.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Than Nick Chubb is drafted.

RIP Carlos Hyde.

Browns have needs everywhere... so they take the 4th best at each position than redundant RBs.

Browns gonna Brown.

I can’t figure out if they were drafting “best player available” or “biggest need”.

It might have been picking players names from a hat...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, the lone star said:

Hyde is cool, but meh. I like Duke more.

Image result for what westworld gif

That's one way to start your RotoWorld account.

Duke is nothing more than a CoP back.  Hyde is a 3 down workhorse, albeit an oft injured one.

I don't know enough about Chubb yet, but it's disappointing for Hyde's previous choke hold on the job.

1 hour ago, FFCollusion said:

Duke is nothing more than a CoP back.  Hyde is a 3 down workhorse, albeit an oft injured one.

I don't know enough about Chubb yet, but it's disappointing for Hyde's previous choke hold on the job.

I'm a big Duke supporter.  And I would have given him the opportunity to prove to me as a PRO that he couldn't handle being the man as the rb.  Gio proved he couldn't (he broke), Duke never got that opportunity.

There was nothing on his resume entering the league that said he could not handle it.  Only 5'9" but 210 lbs is fine.   He was incredibly productive and efficient at Miami.   He was actually their all time leading rusher.

I can't hate on picking Chubb since if he makes it all the way back to preinjury form he's the best back in this draft imo. 

I DO think splitting 1st and 2nd down reps between Hyde and Chubb would be a huge mistake as neither guy would be able to get in a rhythm (like NO last year with ingram and AP).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

I'm a big Duke supporter.  And I would have given him the opportunity to prove to me as a PRO that he couldn't handle being the man as the rb.  Gio proved he couldn't (he broke), Duke never got that opportunity.

There was nothing on his resume entering the league that said he could not handle it.  Only 5'9" but 210 lbs is fine.   He was incredibly productive and efficient at Miami.   He was actually their all time leading rusher.

I can't hate on picking Chubb since if he makes it all the way back to preinjury form he's the best back in this draft imo. 

I DO think splitting 1st and 2nd down reps between Hyde and Chubb would be a huge mistake as neither guy would be able to get in a rhythm (like NO last year with ingram and AP).

Blasphemy!!   How dare thou speakest again our lord Saquon!!  :D

Cleveland rbs will be a mess for fantasy- barring injury. 

dilly dilly Kev 

• Like 1

On 4/28/2018 at 2:33 PM, FFCollusion said:

Hyde is inefficient. Just look at his yards per touch from this past season. Duke might not be a 3 down back, but he's a guy that you can play out there on all 3 downs between RB and WR. And at WR, you can line him outside and in the slot. He's good.