Sign in to follow this  
JoeJoe88

Carlos Hyde 2018 Outlook

I doubt he hits double digit carries. While being a RB in a new system is a lot easier than a WR for instance you still have to learn running schemes, blocking schemes, and etc. They can't just throw Hyde in for the entire game and have him perform. I'm sure he will be in on a decent sized sample but nothing near enough to make him a viable start.

58 minutes ago, Power-O said:

too risky for me....but i hope he kills it so i can trade him

LOL.   You're here with me as well as the Martin thread.   Did you have a Hyde/Lynch combo as well?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, K197040 said:

LOL.   You're here with me as well as the Martin thread.   Did you have a Hyde/Lynch combo as well?

it ended up that way...long story short in a trade i had the chance to take james white and took lynch smh lol i didnt like sony michel or the BB rb carousel....yupppp lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

I doubt he hits double digit carries. While being a RB in a new system is a lot easier than a WR for instance you still have to learn running schemes, blocking schemes, and etc. They can't just throw Hyde in for the entire game and have him perform. I'm sure he will be in on a decent sized sample but nothing near enough to make him a viable start.

wouldn't surprise me to see him used a short yardage/goal line RB, with Yeldon getting the passing and majority of early down work, regardless it is not a situation for either guy given the state of the JAX offense at the moment.

12 minutes ago, Panthor said:

wouldn't surprise me to see him used a short yardage/goal line RB, with Yeldon getting the passing and majority of early down work, regardless it is not a situation for either guy given the state of the JAX offense at the moment.

Being a goal line back for that pathetic offense means very little. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Being a goal line back for that pathetic offense means very little. 

still means a chance for 6, and they are undewhelming but not as bad as they have played lately either.  Hyde is worth a flex play in the middle of bye weeks

This guy is a good running back... I don't get the underestimation... fournette good in this offense yeldon good in this offense now they have hyde who will be good in this offense....

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, hard1 said:

This guy is a good running back... I don't get the underestimation... fournette good in this offense yeldon good in this offense now they have hyde who will be good in this offense....

because hyde doesn't get the job to himself most likely, he has to share which limits his upside

3 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

If he's likely to be the lead dog in this offense he's worth a start this weekend.

Do we think he’ll be lead dog right away? Seems like there will need to be some translation works between the two offenses at a minimum, verbiage and all that

1 minute ago, lolcopter said:

Do we think he’ll be lead dog right away? Seems like there will need to be some translation works between the two offenses at a minimum, verbiage and all that

We don't know, that's why I said "if."  Watch reports throughout the week.  In general I see little reason after a week and a half with the playbook he couldn't handle 1st and 2nd down duties plus goal line and four-minute situation if there is one.  I'm sure he wouldn't get two-minute drill or passing 3rd downs but he wasn't really getting that in CLE anyway.  That would be good for 15 carries at least.  

I mean, the way this offense has looked, they'll be behind and throwing pretty early. Seems like it's all Yeldon until they figure things out.

• Like 1

I think this week is a big trap and i'm trying to fade both Yeldon and Hyde (I have them both along with LF ??‍♂️). Philly run D is elite and it's a pass funnel D to boot.  Bortles is putrid and I wouldn't be surprised to see Jax get shut out. IMO only Yeldon is startable in PPR this week and even then he'll burn you instead of winning you much this week.  Hyde's gonna have to stumble into the endzone to have any value this week and that's not likely since Jax won't likely get into the RZ more than once or twice the whole game.  Once Philly scores their first TD it's game over bc apparently Jax can't come back from any sort of lead. Steer clear of this mess this week if you can.

Hyde had 59 receptions last year...I'd say he's capable of staying in the game even if the eagles take the lead...

i gotta stop reading this thread...you will all make me end up starting him lol

Edited by Power-O
  • Haha 1

Best possible scenario is Hyde dominates touches and capitalizes on his opportunity this week. After that point, he will be a safe start until Fournette comes back, which would hopefully be far later in the season. 

I wouldn't even think about starting him this week unless you are in just a complete cluster f--- of a bye week/injury scenario. 

38 minutes ago, jccouger said:

Best possible scenario is...

...Hyde goes 22-161 with 2 TDs and adds four catches for 39 yards. JAX front office realizes they've got the goods and they trade Fournette for a draft pick and an elite blocking fullback to open holes for Hyde.

They use the bye to put in a Wildcat package for Hyde and to limit Bortles.  

By week 13, Hyde is lining up as an H- back on passing downs. As a result, Hyde gains TE eligibility in all platforms in time for the playoffs. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I hate this.

Yeldon is ruined.

Hyde remains TD dependent with lower volume than he got in Cle.