Sign in to follow this  
JoeJoe88

Carlos Hyde 2018 Outlook

It appears to me, now, that the Hyde trade was more about Cleveland's dysfunction than it was about Jacksonville.  Remember Hue kept saying Duke Johnson should be more involved, but Hyde was Haley's most-used back.  The trade may have been engineered by Hugh as a way of sticking it to Haley.  They were both fired, of course, not too long after that.

I would say Hyde is a hold in deep leagues because, although we have been told Fournette is returning next week, we don't actually know that.  I will believe it when I see it, and not a second before.  The primary running back on Jacksonville used to be a valuable spot, and may be again down the stretch.

Yeah I've been tempted to drop but they traded for him for a reason can't Rule out this being a we are tired of fournette always being hurt trade.... though the 6 carries and yeldon use last week was disheartening

2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

It appears to me, now, that the Hyde trade was more about Cleveland's dysfunction than it was about Jacksonville.  Remember Hue kept saying Duke Johnson should be more involved, but Hyde was Haley's most-used back.  The trade may have been engineered by Hugh as a way of sticking it to Haley.  They were both fired, of course, not too long after that.

I would say Hyde is a hold in deep leagues because, although we have been told Fournette is returning next week, we don't actually know that.  I will believe it when I see it, and not a second before.  The primary running back on Jacksonville used to be a valuable spot, and may be again down the stretch.

Interesting theory. Sounds plausible. 

Hyde was cut in my league and is still sitting on the wire. Perhaps because he's on a bye. As a Fournette and Yeldon owner, I don't know that I want to dedicate three roster spots to the entire Jax backfield, but...I may have to. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hard1 said:

Yeah I've been tempted to drop but they traded for him for a reason can't Rule out this being a we are tired of fournette always being hurt trade.... though the 6 carries and yeldon use last week was disheartening

But it was Hyde's first game active and he only had 8-9 days to learn the playbook.  Also the Eagles are tough to run against, especially considering that Jacksonville was down to their third left tackle.  And Jacksonville was trailing for the entire game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

But it was Hyde's first game active and he only had 8-9 days to learn the playbook.  Also the Eagles are tough to run against, especially considering that Jacksonville was down to their third left tackle.  And Jacksonville was trailing for the entire game.

Running the ball isn’t exactly rocket science. It is more difficult for a WR transition, but not a RB. Taking a handoff isn’t difficult. For a RB it is about finding the lanes. 

55 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Running the ball isn’t exactly rocket science. It is more difficult for a WR transition, but not a RB. Taking a handoff isn’t difficult. For a RB it is about finding the lanes. 

Any running back or running back coach who read this "hot take" of yours would probably either laugh, or be filled with rage.  Pass pro?  Routes?  Protections?  Hot reads?  PLAYBOOK.

Edited by SharkSwimmer
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

It’s also not popping on a new tire.   Limited duty should be expected for any player on a new team week 1 at least.  

ESPECIALLY against a team like Philly. 

Edited by Impreza178

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Any running back or running back coach who read this "hot take" of yours would probably either laugh, or be filled with rage.  Pass pro?  Routes?  Protections?  Hot reads?  PLAYBOOK.

Where have you read that Carlos Hyde is even good in pass protection? LOL. Where have you even seen it? If dude is in the game it isn't to pass protect or catch passes.

2 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Where have you read that Carlos Hyde is even good in pass protection? LOL. Where have you even seen it? If dude is in the game it isn't to pass protect or catch passes.

New rb, not known as strong in pass pro, doesn’t know the playbook, doesn’t know his teammates.   Playing the defending SB champs.    

Its not rocket science, FitzTragic :P

doesnt mean if Fournette goes down again he won’t be ready for a heavier load in a few games.  

Jay Ajayi was traded and played the first game immediately after it. He had like 5 days to learn the playbook. He went for 8-77-1TD. No catches. Why? Because they said "Just run the d*mn ball". That's it.

24 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Jay Ajayi was traded and played the first game immediately after it. He had like 5 days to learn the playbook. He went for 8-77-1TD. No catches. Why? Because they said "Just run the d*mn ball". That's it.

8 carries instead of 6...  lol

yes they really rode Ajayi that first game.  :rolleyes:

This isn’t helping your argument 

8 hours ago, Jin said:

Worth stashing? He was dropped in several leagues.

Stash? I’m firing him up this week!!!  :lol:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

...and a London game, which are always weird. I’m holding through the bye. They’re going to use the bye to get him more integrated into the offense, so I’d expect his usage next week to be more telling than what we saw in that 1st game. They were just wanting to get his feet wet.

• Like 2

Best handcuff this guy if you're a Fournette owner.  

Fournette breaks both ankles and his hip within the first quarter..... Just wait and see.  He's made of paper-mache and sugar puffs.

Edited by Sivaro

8 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

Fournette breaks both ankles and his hip within the first quarter..... Just wait and see.  He's made of paper-mache and sugar puffs.

Rather have Yeldon who is currently the #10 back in my .5 PPR league.  

13 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

Don’t see why a fournette owner that’s still in it would go handcuff him with Hyde now. Hyde ain’t anything special. If you have made it this far without LF you probably don’t need Hyde. 

• Like 1

He looked good in the preseason.

Really good.

Cleveland ruins dreams.

They ruined the 2018 Carlos Hyde dream more than once.

He’s now a JAG on the Jags dealing with a crowded backfield, a dunce lame duck qb, and a franchise that is circling the drain almost continuously.

If he has any relevance at all this year, I quit.

Edited by Proteus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Lockout King said:

RIFA - Rest In Free Agency

Yep, guy was a good bet for decent FLEX numbers any given week in CLE and sometimes RB2, now he's not even worth holding as emergency bye filler. 

17 hours ago, Proteus said:

He looked good in the preseason.

Really good.

Cleveland ruins dreams.

They ruined the 2018 Carlos Hyde dream more than once.

He’s now a JAG on the Jags dealing with a crowded backfield, a dunce lame duck qb, and a franchise that is circling the drain almost continuously.

If he has any relevance at all this year, I quit.

Thought I had a steal when I drafted him. I did. Flipped him for a WR1 a few weeks into the season.

Good night sweet prince.

Still a decent cuff for Fournette owners.

Not even a decent cuff, he's a bum in this offense. Even if Fournette goes down again (which he prob will) this team has shown they're hot garbage without him.  Dropped for Rod Smith and a rollover spot. What a sad end to what seemed to be a promising fantasy season for this guy.

1 hour ago, TheINC said:

Not even a decent cuff, he's a bum in this offense. Even if Fournette goes down again (which he prob will) this team has shown they're hot garbage without him.  Dropped for Rod Smith and a rollover spot. What a sad end to what seemed to be a promising fantasy season for this guy.

Hate seeing lunch pail/ unexciting but steady Flex/RB2 guys like Hyde, CJ Anderson, JStew, etc go to teams that give them 2-3 touches per game. 

Don’t understand the 5th rounder given up. When Fournette was out, they didn’t feature Hyde. Now with Fournette is back and he’s merely a handcuff that will prolly split receiving downs with Yeldon if Fournette gets reinjured. He has no clear path to RB2 territory for the rest of the season. Droppable unless in deepest of leagues.

Edited by WaiverLooter