Sign in to follow this  
JoeJoe88

Carlos Hyde 2018 Outlook

Hyde is better than Fournette, in my opinion. He played all 16 games last year. He had the same rushing Y/A as Fournette, and more receiving yards. And he did it on a pretty bad 49er team.

• Confused 1

In deep leagues, best bet is to hold and say a prayer before every Fournette carry tbh.

30 minutes ago, almonte said:

Hyde is better than Fournette, in my opinion. He played all 16 games last year. He had the same rushing Y/A as Fournette, and more receiving yards. And he did it on a pretty bad 49er team.

Image result for michael jordan gif laughing

• Haha 1

Any desperate people---whether due to BYE week or poor drafting (raises hand)--considering starting Hyde during Buffalo next week? Looks like Jags are focusing on the run more and more, and he got decent burn last week in a game that was never really out of hand.

Not to mention, there's still always the decent chance that Fournette goes down mid-game. 

Edited by nb009

5 minutes ago, nb009 said:

Any desperate people---whether due to BYE week or poor drafting (raised hand)--considering starting Hyde during Buffalo next week? Looks like Jags are focusing on the run more and more, and he got decent burn last week in a game that was never really out of hand.

Not to mention, there's still always the decent chance that Fournette goes down mid-game. 

You bite your tongue sir! :angry:

29 minutes ago, nb009 said:

Any desperate people---whether due to BYE week or poor drafting (raises hand)--considering starting Hyde during Buffalo next week? Looks like Jags are focusing on the run more and more, and he got decent burn last week in a game that was never really out of hand.

I play in a 10 team league. I dropped Carlos. I drafted him and was really pleased with how his season was going and then his value was absolutely murdered by the trade. 

I can't see how you could start him unless you play in a really deep league. LF is the bellcow and the Hyde scraps probably won't be much. It would be like starting Malcom Brown or Spencer Ware but worse. 

On 11/12/2018 at 8:33 AM, almonte said:

I just noticed this. 

Thank you sir. You gave me a good chuckle this morning. 

• Like 1

Don't understand the logic for giving up a 5th rounder for this guy. To be a backup RB on a team in the midst of a lost season? Even if LF was seriously injured and had to miss time, I would have just rolled Yeldon out for the rest of the season and used that 5th rounder to rebuild for next year. What a waste...

19 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Don't understand the logic for giving up a 5th rounder for this guy. To be a backup RB on a team in the midst of a lost season? Even if LF was seriously injured and had to miss time, I would have just rolled Yeldon out for the rest of the season and used that 5th rounder to rebuild for next year. What a waste...

They clearly didn't view it as a lost season at the time, unfortunately for Hyde owners like myself.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, dylanj said:

Anyone throwing Hyde out there this week with LF thinking he is in MMA?

Oh yeah, definitely.   He looked good in limited action last week and the jags will continue to run since they have the worst qb situation in the league.   25 touches wouldn’t surprise 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Oh yeah, definitely.   He looked good in limited action last week and the jags will continue to run since they have the worst qb situation in the league.   25 touches wouldn’t surprise 

He’s definitely worth a pickup, but he’ll probably split work with Yeldon.  Plus, if the Colts get ahead, Yeldon is the primary pass-catching back.

25 touches would shock me, unless they get up by multiple scores (which would also shock me).

• Like 1

I think neither are startable at such a crucial time before playoffs.  Game flow will dictate alot if Hyde or Yeldon are on the field unless they announce the new OC is giving bulk to Hyde.

20 minutes ago, KuNiT21 said:

I think neither are startable at such a crucial time before playoffs.  Game flow will dictate alot if Hyde or Yeldon are on the field unless they announce the new OC is giving bulk to Hyde.

Yeldon is a startable asset, he did just fine earlier this year when Fournette was out. 

I want to go with the horse Hyde, but my gut is telling me gameflow is going to be in Yeldon's favor... Then again, Hyde is no chump catching the ball either.. And his workhorse style is more conducive to babying their QB situation too. This is a tough one.. Leaning Hyde..

15 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

He’s definitely worth a pickup, but he’ll probably split work with Yeldon.  Plus, if the Colts get ahead, Yeldon is the primary pass-catching back.

25 touches would shock me, unless they get up by multiple scores (which would also shock me).

Yeldon has been poor as the primary back in Fournette absence.  He’s much better to bring on when the defense starts get gassed.     Im fairly confident Hyde will get the workhorse role with Yeldon getting 8-10 touches in COP.  This is exactly why they brought Hyde in.      

Could gameflow or the new OC change this?  Maybe.  It’s certainly no lock, but they have no qb worth mentioning so it stands to reason the ground game is prominent.

Edited by Impreza178

36 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Yeldon has been poor as the primary back in Fournette absence.  He’s much better to bring on when the defense starts get gassed.     Im fairly confident Hyde will get the workhorse role with Yeldon getting 8-10 touches in COP.  This is exactly why they brought Hyde in.      

Could gameflow or the new OC change this?  Maybe.  It’s certainly no lock, but they have no qb worth mentioning so it stands to reason the ground game is prominent.

I didn’t say Yeldon would be the primary back. What I said is he’ll get enough work to keep Hyde from “workhorse” status.

If they get behind, I’d assume they’ll have roughly the same amount of touches since Yeldon is the primary pass-catching back.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I didn’t say Yeldon would be the primary back. What I said is he’ll get enough work to keep Hyde from “workhorse” status.

If they get behind, I’d assume they’ll have roughly the same amount of touches since Yeldon is the primary pass-catching back.

Yeah,  reasonable.   I wouldn’t hold anyone over the coals for starting Yeldon over hyde in PPR.  

Personally I feel like hyde will have way more touches regardless of gameflow.   He can certainly catch as has been mentioned.     Or It could be both putting up a tiddy and 70.  

Give me:  

Hyde- rb2/3

Yeldon- flex  

Edited by Impreza178

9 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I agree with this. Jax will be facing the explosive Indy offense and the Luck 3 TD streak. This will undoubtedly fall into a Yeldon type of game. Jax will have to score upwards of 25 points to be competitive in this game and with Kessler starting and no Fournette, that's just not happening.

Edited by nonstopfan

1 minute ago, nonstopfan said:

I agree with this. Jax will be facing the explosive Indy offense and the Luck 3 TD streak. This will undoubtedly fall into a Yeldon type of game. Jax will have to score upwards of 25 points to be competitive in this game and with Kessler starting and no Fournette, that's just not happening.

With kesslers rocket arm I would expect a lot of dink and dunk passing work and not many points. Not a great scenario but it can be a good one for Yeldon in the old PPR.

• Like 1

Lots of Yeldon love.   As if needing to score points dictates passing a lot for Jax lol.    If they give Hyde 2/3 the Fournette role he’s the play. 

Jags seemed to have zero interest in giving Hyde carries even when LF was out earlier this year, I doubt that will change much with the LF 1 game suspension.  He was a depth signing and nothing more.  He was a pretty reliable RB2 (or Flex at the worst) guy before the trade and not fantasy relevant now.  Zero dead money hit to cut him in offseason and no way they'll pay him the $4.75MM he's owed in 2019 so at least he has a chance to get another starter job or healthy timeshare split job on a different team.  Still might not have the production he did in SF or CLE but I can see him easily reinventing himself like Ahmad Bradshaw did when he went to Indy and might be a tremendous value vs. ADP next year (like he was this year before the trade). 

Just now, jumper said:

Jags seemed to have zero interest in giving Hyde carries even when LF was out earlier this year, I doubt that will change much with the LF 1 game suspension.  He was a depth signing and nothing more.  He was a pretty reliable RB2 (or Flex at the worst) guy before the trade and not fantasy relevant now.  Zero dead money hit to cut him in offseason and no way they'll pay him the $4.75MM he's owed in 2019 so at least he has a chance to get another starter job or healthy timeshare split job on a different team.  Still might not have the production he did in SF or CLE but I can see him easily reinventing himself like Ahmad Bradshaw did when he went to Indy and might be a tremendous value vs. ADP next year (like he was this year before the trade). 

It was his first game with the team.   You really expect that to indicate what’s to come this week?  

You're all making this very complicated. 

7 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

why would they get behind? with bortles leading the fournette-less juggernaut, how could they lose a lead?

i like the way hyde has looked when given the opportunity, but considering luck is defense-proof and is playing out-of-his-mind, AND considering how well darius leonard is stuffing the run (when he's healthy), i also lean yeldon in this matchup. margus hunt, sheard, and anthony walker have also stepped up considerably.

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

Lots of Yeldon love.   As if needing to score points dictates passing a lot for Jax lol.    If they give Hyde 2/3 the Fournette role he’s the play. 

darius leonard is banged up, but if he practices this week and trends towards playing, i have a tough time rolling out hyde, even as a flex. leonard is too fast, too strong, and too aggressive, and his football IQ is exceptional----he's in or near on almost every play, and 15 rushing attempts by hyde simply might not cut it: last time @ the colts, hyde ran 3 times for 5 yards, small sample size but also his lowest rushing average on the season (including both cleveland and jax). with the lack of imagination in play calling, darius leonard doesn't need esp to know what's going on when hyde's in the backfield.

On 11/12/2018 at 9:33 AM, almonte said:

a12.gif

• Like 1