Sign in to follow this  
JoeJoe88

Carlos Hyde 2018 Outlook

5 hours ago, HTM said:

I watched Dallas v. Giants Sunday night... Giants run defense did not seem terrible.. Zeke had trouble getting much going. 

But Zeke didn't have much going in week 1 either.  Not sure if its Giants D being good or Dallas O not clicking yet.

1 minute ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Is anyone starting Hyde this week? The Jets have been good on defense.

I'm flexing him in one league since I'm not sure about Ajayi's availability

This is a tough call this week. The Browns are finally favored in a game, and the home team typically does better in the Thursday night games. Points are going to be hard to come by from the looks of it tonight, and he has been held up by his TDs the past 2 weeks.

9 minutes ago, Unbreakable said:

This is a tough call this week. The Browns are finally favored in a game, and the home team typically does better in the Thursday night games. Points are going to be hard to come by from the looks of it tonight, and he has been held up by his TDs the past 2 weeks.

Was between Hogan or Hyde, but I'm going Hogan.  I just can't see Hyde having a great night tonight.

Not me. I try to avoid Thursday night games anyway, and Hyde’s YPC has been abysmal. Fading the entire Browns’ offense now with Gordon gone and Landry banged up. I like Hyde’s prospects better in week 4 against the Raiders, but def benching him tonight.

I am keeping Hyde on the bench this week, although I think he will do just fine.  I can start 2 RBs and a flex but my other guys are all playing better so far.  (Howard, Conner, Breida).

I'm starting Hyde but that's due to me liking to have an interest in the Thurs game more than a ton of confidence in Hyde. I'd benched Hyde the last two weeks and he has done solid with those TD's. He deserves a chance from my perspective. 

22 minutes ago, HTM said:

I'm starting Hyde but that's due to me liking to have an interest in the Thurs game more than a ton of confidence in Hyde. I'd benched Hyde the last two weeks and he has done solid with those TD's. He deserves a chance from my perspective. 

Same. Makes tonight a little more fun/interesting and there’s a chance he punches in a TD or two.  

I'm starting C. Hyde for sure.  Jets are soso in run def.  Week 1 - Lions never had a run game... 70 straight games under 100 rushing yards.  Week 2 - Gave 135 rushing yards to Dolphins.

Edited by Lockout King

7 minutes ago, Lockout King said:

I'm starting C. Hyde for sure.  Jets are soso in run def.  Week 1 - Lions never had a run game... 70 straight games under 100 rushing yards.  Week 2 - Gave 135 rushing yards to Dolphins.

Yeah the narrative that Jets have a good defense is being propped up by playing two crappy teams.

The problem is the short week. I think there’s a possibility Hyde gets fewer reps on the short week. Chubb could see more reps since he’s had very little work so far, and with not much time to rest this week for Hyde they could maybe sprinkle in a little more Chubb, especially if Hyde can’t get anything going on the ground. Landry banged up and no Gordon could also mean more chances for Duke in the pass game. Unless you have iffy RB alternatives I’d feel fine sitting Hyde. 

6 minutes ago, mikepferrara said:

The problem is the short week. I think there’s a possibility Hyde gets fewer reps on the short week. Chubb could see more reps since he’s had very little work so far, and with not much time to rest this week for Hyde they could maybe sprinkle in a little more Chubb, especially if Hyde can’t get anything going on the ground. Landry banged up and no Gordon could also mean more chances for Duke in the pass game. Unless you have iffy RB alternatives I’d feel fine sitting Hyde. 

Hyde only had 16 carries, and had only 58% of the snap count last game.  Browns knows its going to be a short week for them.  

• Like 1

He's my third RB after Saquon and Conner along with Lamar Miller. Leaning towards a WR for the flex spot instead. In a 0.5 ppr league, he's in between a low end WR2 and a mid WR3 for me.

6 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

He's my third RB after Saquon and Conner along with Lamar Miller. Leaning towards a WR for the flex spot instead. In a 0.5 ppr league, he's in between a low end WR2 and a mid WR3 for me.

Yea, I have Elliot and Conner as my #1 and #2... I also have L. Miller and Hyde... It was tough for me to decide between Hyde and Golladay in the flex this week but now I've decided to go with Golladay. 

10 minutes ago, HTM said:

Yea, I have Elliot and Conner as my #1 and #2... I also have L. Miller and Hyde... It was tough for me to decide between Hyde and Golladay in the flex this week but now I've decided to go with Golladay. 

Yeah the decision would have leaned me towards Hyde or Miller if they got more than 1-2 receptions but at this point, you're basically hoping for a td from them, so there's barely any upside... Until I see a multi td or a 6-7 reception game from Miller or Hyde, I put their ceiling at 50-90 yards with a td, so 11-15 pts. On the other hand, their floors are pretty safe at 7-8 pts with their volume but seeing as I'm 50/50 at best this week in my matchup, I think I might take a risk with a WR.

Edited by WaiverLooter

1 minute ago, WaiverLooter said:

Yeah the decision would have leaned me towards Hyde or Miller if they got more than 1-2 receptions but at this point, you're basically hoping for a td from them, so there's barely any upside... Until I see a multi td or a 6-7 reception game from Miller or Hyde, I put their ceiling at 50-90 yards with a td, so 11-15 pts. On the other hand, their floors are pretty safe at 7-8 pts with their volume but seeing as I'm 50/50 at best, I think I might take a risk with a WR.

For sure, I agree WR in the flex is a riskier play (especially in a standard league like mine) but Miller and Hyde have both been underwhelming and Golladay has really played well so I'm just gonna roll with it. Maybe Hyde will make me look like a fool tonight. 

1 minute ago, ColoWrex said:

Worth monitoring:

Oh boy.... Watch the roster get locked and then realize he doesn't play.... Also he likely didn't get much sleep last night with his wife in labour.

3 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

Oh boy.... Watch the roster get locked and then realize he doesn't play.... Also he likely didn't get much sleep last night with his wife in labour.

Or he plays like a mad man because of the birth of his child.  Could go either way.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ThePerfectBeard said:

Or he plays like a mad man because of the birth of his child.  Could go either way.

That’s what I’m thinking.  

Lets just go for it.  All in! 

I am also benching him. Definitely not a bad option for a WR-heavy team though. I'd be more than happy if he went off for 100+ yards on my bench.

Tough decision for me Hyde or Ekeler in PPR.

Hyde hasn't been involved in catching more than 1 pass a game and it's hard to expect him to score 1 TD every week. His yards per carry and total yardage are not very impressive.

Am I missing anything?