DerrickHenrysCleats

Kenyan Drake 2018 Outlook

2 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Well the Dolphins had a historically bad game in terms of yardage and not ironically it was when they basically ignored Drake majority of the game.  

I suspect they correct that. 

Aside from maybe one game, they've been doing this all season. 

1 minute ago, Leopard said:

Game script will most likely play in drakes favor next week vs the packers. 

Why?

It’s clear that the organization just doesn’t believe in him. Last week was the time to sell. Oh well.

1 hour ago, gbill2004 said:

Aside from maybe one game, they've been doing this all season. 

They kept Gore in more than normal today.  Probably because he was chasing a record and also probably they milked a 3 pt lead vs a team that had 1 3rd down conversion.

When the opponent actually moves the ball and scores a tiny bit, Drake is heavily involved at least in terms of routes run and sprinkled in carries.  Sucks he has such a low floor as a RB bc of the coach though there's no reason he shouldn't get at least 10 carries each game. 

Ridiculous usage lol. I've been advocating for him as an RB2, but I can't even try to predict Gase's stupidity anymore. Still gonna play him most likely, because he's so talented he can have those monster games, but good luck trying to predict when to sit or bench him. 

Gore must be one of the most likeable guys in any given locker-room with how every coach just wants to feed him the ball despite being ineffective.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, munde53 said:

Gore must be one of the most likeable guys in any given locker-room with how every coach just wants to feed him the ball despite being ineffective.  

Or he has blackmail pictures of the coach...

Unreal. And to think chicago used to have thise clown gase. Good riddance

It's crazy to watch these games, and see Drake not being involved.

Like...I can sometimes see it when the Bears don't use JHoward because when they do....he doesn't get a high YPC compared to Cohen sometimes. I get it.

But watching Drake...he seems to do really well in so many different facets, and his explosiveness is there to be used....

...yet they don't.

Don't get it.

Until I hear otherwise I'm blaming the field conditions and I am EXPECTING Gase  to say so.

Here's a problem - MIA won once again with Drake being a non-factor. 

the field was a mess. I am def thankful Drake was spared injury, but this is all crystal-ball BS right now.

The only TD scored in this game was by the MIA defense - this was not your typical situation, 

• Like 1

Am I crazy for considering Drake this Sunday against Green Bay? I feel like the Dolphins/Jets game did not carry a game script in Drake's favor. Why would you need to utilize Drake in this match-up when you can chug away with Gore to control the clock? In Green Bay, they'll absolutely need to score, and that's where Drake's pass catching abilities will be valued more. Thoughts?

1 minute ago, dropshadows said:

Am I crazy for considering Drake this Sunday against Green Bay? I feel like the Dolphins/Jets game did not carry a game script in Drake's favor. Why would you need to utilize Drake in this match-up when you can chug away with Gore to control the clock? In Green Bay, they'll absolutely need to score, and that's where Drake's pass catching abilities will be valued more. Thoughts?

I’m absolutely starting him.  When he’s involved they actually look decent.    There won’t be any of this grinding out a win on a sloppy field against a pissed off packer team. 

• Like 2

Starting the rest of the way most likely, but not gonna be happy about it. Mainly out of necessity

Game script should be such that they lean on Drake more this week, but I just don't know that I can trust Gase to give him enough touches to start him. 

Just now, The G Man said:

Game script should be such that they lean on Drake more this week, but I just don't know that I can trust Gase to give him enough touches to start him. 

You can’t...but he’s likely to see 6+ targets and he’s been killing it in the passing game.   Certainly not a must start 

Alot of people downplayed Gore's usage earlier in this thread.....

from Evan Silva:

Kenyan Drake’s seven Week 9 touches were confusing, at least until you watch the game. He blew a first-drive blitz pickup to get Osweiler sacked by Jets ILB Avery Williamson one week after coughing up a sack to Texans DB Tyrann Mathieu. Drake went on to get out-touched 21 to 7 by Frank Gore. This week’s matchup is favorable – Green Bay allows 4.53 yards per carry to running backs, will likely be without top ILB Blake Martinez (ankle), and got rocked by ex-WR Cordarrelle Patterson (11/61/2) on the ground last week – but coach Adam Gase’s cursory commitment to Drake is an ongoing concern, rendering Drake a boom-bust RB2/flex play at Lambeau. The Packers won’t back down from making Drake pass protect; DC Mike Pettine’s defense blitzes at a top-ten rate (26%)

On 11/6/2018 at 9:18 AM, Pooskay said:

Should've sold high

For what? No one is buying for anything decent

• Like 1

No mention of the bad field in MIA Sunday as an excuse by the coaching staff that I've seen. That's not a good sign.

I'm still playing him this week mostly because no choice, but this dude is a candidate for bust of the year.

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

from Evan Silva:

Drake is athletic but he is not very good at football and will never be a workhorse.

Edited by MJJ28

1 minute ago, SuperJoint said:

No mention of the bad field in MIA Sunday as an excuse by the coaching staff that I've seen. That's not a good sign.

I'm still playing him this week mostly because no choice, but this dude is a candidate for bust of the year.

Or glass half full take: Drake is the #17 ranked RB in my league which is .5 ppr and .1 per carry.  Despite his usage last week which featured a 0 touch second half, Drake still put up 6 points which is not a horrible RB3/Flex floor considering sometimes we are beggging star wideouts to make a catch or two in garbage time so we can get a handful points vs a 0-2. 

This should be a Drake game this week, and I am forced to use him but his spot is on thin ice. 

11 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

this dude is a candidate for bust of the year.

:rolleyes:

RB15 in my league's draft,  RB17 on the year

Edited by Nap Time
  • Like 1