DerrickHenrysCleats

Kenyan Drake 2018 Outlook

16 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

:rolleyes:

RB15 in my league's draft,  RB17 on the year

yep and I don't know this for a fact, but Im guessing that is right around where he was drafted....

53 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Drake is athletic but he is not very good at football and will never be a workhorse.

If that is true, why the hell isn't the coaching staff trying to make him good at football? Isn't that what they're supposed to do? 

1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

For what? No one is buying for anything decent

Some guy in my league received Keenan Allen on bye for Drake (the team needed a RB that week, and Drake had 20 points that game.) At the time, wasn't so bad. But that trade is absolutely a league-alternating ridiculous trade.

And to think- I owned Drake and traded him to the guy who flipped him for Allen. So, try selling this guy. You never know which idiot you can swindle! 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, The G Man said:

If that is true, why the hell isn't the coaching staff trying to make him good at football? Isn't that what they're supposed to do? 

I mean I would think they are trying to given that’s what coaches do. You can’t just force people to become good at things though, and you often can’t force yourself to become good at something. Sometimes things just don’t work out for any million number of reasons. Being athletic /= being good at football. Drake is great with the ball in space but he doesn’t really do runningback things all that well. He’s good enough to get on the field of course, but he’s just not good enough to be a workhorse.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, nromn said:

yep and I don't know this for a fact, but Im guessing that is right around where he was drafted....

If you play rotisserie football than that matters for sure. 

This is a RB2 who has scored 1, 1.6, 5.8 and 3.5 points standard 4 of his 9 games. Those are week-losing efforts from a RB2. In roto he's #17.

1 hour ago, Nap Time said:

:rolleyes:

RB15 in my league's draft,  RB17 on the year

It’s weird because I was about to call this out for being misleading since he hasn’t had his BYE yet, but he is actually also RB17 in fpts/game (in 0.5 PPR).

His big games have really come through for his ranking in the RB wasteland of 2018.

27 minutes ago, jbj said:

It’s weird because I was about to call this out for being misleading since he hasn’t had his BYE yet, but he is actually also RB17 in fpts/game (in 0.5 PPR).

His big games have really come through for his ranking in the RB wasteland of 2018.

Having a ceiling in RB wasteland year turns out to be useful as most these turds can't ever break 11 pts.  Only a select few can hit 20 and even less 30.

I feel Drake hasn't even been that good in any game this year and easily could still have 1 blow up game coming where he has several long TDs. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

For what? No one is buying for anything decent

Some owners would've bit the week he blew up vs. HOU

16 hours ago, MJJ28 said:

I mean I would think they are trying to given that’s what coaches do. You can’t just force people to become good at things though, and you often can’t force yourself to become good at something. Sometimes things just don’t work out for any million number of reasons. Being athletic /= being good at football. Drake is great with the ball in space but he doesn’t really do runningback things all that well. He’s good enough to get on the field of course, but he’s just not good enough to be a workhorse.

I get that there's a wide range of outcomes as it relates to coaching a player. But, what I'm saying is coaches need to use mistakes made by a player as teaching opportunity and try to develop a player. And, putting a player in the best possible position to play to their strengths is also very important.

I just have to wonder if Gase & Company are good at player development. Or, do they just deactivate or trade away players because they can't get what they want out of them? 

Kenyan Drake (shoulder) is questionable to return for Week 10 against the Packers. Drake was listed with a shoulder injury earlier in the week despite practicing in full. It eventually caught up with him after he lowered his shoulder on impact in the second quarter. He was getting out-touched 10-4 by Frank Gore at the time of his exit.

Bummer.    :(

Kenyan Drake has been outplayed, outclassed and run out of work in this offense by a man 11 years older than him at the RB position. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

At some point you just gotta admit the guy ain’t that good. Just another example of a hyper-athlete that lacks the football skills needed to be a good player. Get him in the open field and he looks All-Pro caliber but that doesn’t happen too often in the NFL. He is what he is, a change of pace athlete. A runningback he is not.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Kenyan Drake has been outplayed, outclassed and run out of work in this offense by a man 11 years older than him at the RB position. 

It's weird that his ypc is higher than the guy who "outplayed" and "outclassed" him.

1 minute ago, Nap Time said:

It's weird that his ypc is higher than the guy who "outplayed" and "outclassed" him.

don't take the bait man 

• Like 1

Not to mention the touchdowns on the season both in the air and on the ground. This is a coaching problem 100%. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

Rushing

Dolphins Att Yds Avg Long TD Lost
-
-

10 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

Plenty of backup/CoP backs average more YPC than the starter/lead back. YPC ain’t worth much in these types of situations.

Drake just isn’t built to be a leadback and certainly does not run like one. It’s clear as day when you watch him.

Edited by MJJ28

Just now, MJJ28 said:

Plenty of backup/CoP backs average more YPC than the starter/lead back. YPC ain’t worth much in these types of situations.

Right, but Drake was the feature back last year and got more ypc than Gore.  You're done here, go home.

Right, but Drake was the feature back last year and got more ypc than Gore.  You're done here, go home.

I'd hate to poke a hole in your little theory here but Gore wasn't on the Dolphins last year.

• Like 1

Just now, Gohawks said:

I'd hate to poke a hole in your little theory here but Gore wasn't on the Dolphins last year.

Right, which is why they were winning.  They're tanking and the best way to do that is to elevate the COP back Gore.

Edited by Nap Time

Right, which is why they were winning.  They're tanking and the best way to do that is to elevate the COP back Gore.

Tanking when they were 5-4 prior to today and in the playoff hunt? Sure bud.

Edited by MJJ28

2 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

Gore is at 4.4 YPC compared to Drakes 4.6 despite being in practically every "grind" situation where YPC is going to be limited.