• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
DerrickHenrysCleats

Kenyan Drake 2018 Outlook

This is optimal - push his price down baby 

• Like 2

I have him in keeper leagues but will have to see how this shakes out.  Possibly a re-draft target for those big weeks.  Then by mid-season everyone screaming for more Drake while coach Gase continues to out smart himself.

Sucks being a Fins fan.  I was so looking forward to Gase when he came but he's been nothing but trouble.  Didn't think he could be as bad or worse than Philban. 

• Thanks 1

God I hate Adam Gase. I don't want anything to do with Dolphins players until Gase joins Ben Mcadoo in the unemployment line. He's on that level of pure stupidity.

I was trying to trade Drake in a keeper league before this, then I figured I'd keep him since no one would bite, now I just wanna wash my hands of the situation and keep Marshawn Lynch because at least I know he won't be benched for a 35 year old or some rookie who couldn't even start in college.

• Like 1

This is just Gase’ style.    He’s a hardass and gives no quarter to any player.   

You either believe in Drake’s talent or you don’t

i personally do, and will relish he chance to get him cheaper 

Posted (edited)

Gore is not going to go away quietly.  I watched some of Gore's runs for Indy last year, he was scampering around like a 22-year-old.  And you know Gore is going to be better at the things Gase (and probably all coaches) love:  pass pro; knowing the playbook; knowing the protections; route running; executing the running play as drawn up without excessive freelancing.  

If it was about talent and talent alone, Ajayi would probably still be a Dolphin instead of a world champ.  Drake is looking more and more like fool's gold.

Edited by SharkSwimmer
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

So I looked at Drake's profile and if you extrapolate his points from the final 9 weeks over 16 games he'd have had 242 in PPR. He only started 5 of those games.

Going back to my post on friday I was on tilt lol, I think even if Gore splits carries with him evenly, if he gets all the passing work he's still got a shot to be an RB2 in fantasy, which is where he's going in drafts right now anyway. 

6 hours ago, Jason497 said:

So I looked at Drake's profile and if you extrapolate his points from the final 9 weeks over 16 games he'd have had 242 in PPR. He only started 5 of those games.

Going back to my post on friday I was on tilt lol, I think even if Gore splits carries with him evenly, if he gets all the passing work he's still got a shot to be an RB2 in fantasy, which is where he's going in drafts right now anyway. 

As long as Gase isn't completely insane (which is possible), Drake will be a very strong RB2. 

You just have to worry about Gase falling in love with Gore AND deciding he's going to give a lot of passing down work to Ballage. Suddenly, there's only 10-12 touches a game for Drake. It's a crazy scenario, but who knows what the Dolphins are thinking. 

On 6/1/2018 at 4:13 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

Gore is not going to go away quietly.  I watched some of Gore's runs for Indy last year, he was scampering around like a 22-year-old.  And you know Gore is going to be better at the things Gase (and probably all coaches) love:  pass pro; knowing the playbook; knowing the protections; route running; executing the running play as drawn up without excessive freelancing.  

If it was about talent and talent alone, Ajayi would probably still be a Dolphin instead of a world champ.  Drake is looking more and more like fool's gold.

We must have been watching a different Gore.   He looked absolutely toasted most of the year to me.   Sheer volume was the only chance he had of relevance weekly.    He’ll be a steady COP while Ballage develops, and hopefully the work ethic runs off on all the backs.  

Drake is the guy here-  Ballage is the main worry imo.  But he’s raw.   

These comments should drive his price down further, it will be interesting to see where he ends up come august.

Most coach-speak isn't reliable, but considering the way Gase mistreated Drake last season, rumblings like this make me question Drake's fortunes even more:

Dolphins coach Adam Gase said rookie Kalen Ballage is "progressing quickly."
Ballage also drew raves for his OTA work. Despite his size, Ballage has looked like Miami's best pass-down back this offseason. The Dolphins could open the year with a committee of Ballage, Kenyan Drake, and Frank Gore. Jun 13 - 10:06 AM

If we can't trust Gase, how can we trust Drake (even though his talent is obvious to us)?

8 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

Most coach-speak isn't reliable, but considering the way Gase mistreated Drake last season, rumblings like this make me question Drake's fortunes even more:

Ballage also drew raves for his OTA work. Despite his size, Ballage has looked like Miami's best pass-down back this offseason. The Dolphins could open the year with a committee of Ballage, Kenyan Drake, and Frank Gore. Jun 13 - 10:06 AM

If we can't trust Gase, how can we trust Drake (even though his talent is obvious to us)?

You need to take it for what it’s worth.  They just put pads on yesterday- and Ballage has never failed to impress in this setting.    And this is modus operundi for Gase.      If it wasn’t so-  Drake would have a price tag and hype eclipsing McKinnon.     

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

You need to take it for what it’s worth.  They just put pads on yesterday- and Ballage has never failed to impress in this setting.    And this is modus operundi for Gase.      If it wasn’t so-  Drake would have a price tag and hype eclipsing McKinnon.     

True, but Drake is already an early 4th in FFC 12 team PPR, nestled along side the likes of Collins, Guice and Ajayi, with Michel, Jones and Ingram not far behind.  If Gase continues to play his games, how can anyone justify taking Drake over any of the guys currently being drafted in his neighborhood (although the CS in Philly is arguably as bad for Ajayi's fortunes as Gase is for Drake's)?  Gase owes us nothing (he's coaching real football), but his approach certainly makes an early 4th too rich of an investment for me at this time.

Edited by Rolling Thunder
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rolling Thunder said:

True, but Drake is already an early 4th in FFC 12 team PPR, nestled along side the likes of Collins, Guice and Ajayi, with Michel, Jones and Ingram not far behind.  If Gase continues to play his games, how can anyone justify taking Drake over any of the guys currently being drafted in his neighborhood (although the CS in Philly is arguably as bad for Ajayi's fortunes as Gase is for Drake's)?  Gase owes us nothing (he's coaching real football), but his approach certainly makes an early 4th too rich of an investment for me at this time.

I’ve been avoiding Drake and drafting Ballage with my last pick. (Practice draft)

Miami does have an easy schedule (8th against the run & 5th easiest against the pass) so owning a part of the backfield makes sense.

I don’t hate Drake in the 4th, but I like the WRs available there better.

On 6/13/2018 at 10:53 AM, Rolling Thunder said:

I mean, what did he really say?  

All that looks like to me is Gase saying that the 4th round rookie generally looks good in OTAs when asked about him at a mandatory press conference, not sure why anyone is attributing anything to it.

31 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

I mean, what did he really say?  

All that looks like to me is Gase saying that the 4th round rookie generally looks good in OTAs when asked about him at a mandatory press conference, not sure why anyone is attributing anything to it.

It’s coach speak turned into fantasy football speak. Anything remotely positive a coach says about one of the teams RBs must automatically reflect negatively on the others. Ballage “progressing quickly” = Drake’s opportunity to be Miami’s lead RB is in jeopardy. 

A lot of rookies get hyped up during OTAs and TC.  But what happens when the lights go on and you are getting hammered by elite NFL defenders.

One thing we know is Drake can produce.  The rest of the rookies at this point are "hopefuls". 

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Big Nate said:

A lot of rookies get hyped up during OTAs and TC.  But what happens when the lights go on and you are getting hammered by elite NFL defenders.

One thing we know is Drake can produce.  The rest of the rookies at this point are "hopefuls". 

Without Gase's baffling mistreatment of Drake so far, I would agree with you.  But given what Drake did on the field when given the chance, Gase's almost psychotic refusal to allow him to lead Miami's backfield is a data point that colors all of the current data points as far as I'm concerned, including the usual coachspeak.  

Edited by Rolling Thunder
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Rolling Thunder said:

Without Gase's baffling mistreatment of Drake so far, I would agree with you.  But given what Drake did on the field when given the chance, Gase's almost psychotic refusal to allow him to lead Miami's backfield is a data point that colors all of the current data points as far as I'm concerned, including the usual coachspeak.  

I agree and it makes me so sad inside.  I used to be frustrated with Gase, now I've accepted that he is a maroon who thinks hes Belichick but he's not even close.

Gase has already banished one running back who made lots of big runs but did not execute the offense the way Gase wanted it done.  The signing of Gore and the drafting of Ballage are also shouts from the rooftops that Drake's role may be scaled back.

On 6/30/2018 at 10:13 AM, SharkSwimmer said:

Gase has already banished one running back who made lots of big runs but did not execute the offense the way Gase wanted it done.  The signing of Gore and the drafting of Ballage are also shouts from the rooftops that Drake's role may be scaled back.

I don't necessarily agree.  He got rid of Ajayi so he could give Drake more run.  Gore is a vet that can teach the guys but he's not a workhorse anymore.

The rookies are just that and haven't proven themselves.  Drake has shown he can do it. And Gase decided to keep Drake over Ajayi.  Gase also let Williams go. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Nate said:

Gore is a vet that can teach the guys but he's not a workhorse anymore.

The rookies are just that and haven't proven themselves.

Drake has shown he can do it.

How is Gore not a workhorse anymore?  Kenyan Drake's career high in carries came in week 14 last year, with 25.

In the same exact week, Frank Gore(11yrs older) also recorded his career high in carriers with 36.  Yes, thirty-six.

Before anyone bothers, 34 of these 36 were in regular time.  All 34 of which came when the game was tied, or down by 7.

20 of Drake's 25 runs came when they were in the lead, the other 5 when they were tied 0-0.

I agree the rookies haven't shown it... but when did Drake?  Because he played 2 games with 20+ carries, that's enough to prove he can do it for an entire year?

2 games in which the Dolphins never trailed by more than a single point?  I guess if you predict Miami is going to blowout teams 35-9 like they did Denver, every week of '18, then sure, he should get plenty of run or if you expect 11 targets a week.

Talented rookie, terrible coaching staff, brought in Frank Gore, and who knows if this team can sustain drives without Jarvis Landry on the field, what does Tannehill look like off the lost season, etc.  Miami was 29th in the league in rushing yards per game last year, 25th in total yards, and28th in points scored.  29th ranked oline last year, 30th ranked Oline this year.

I'm only half way through updating my rankings, and I think Drake will be lucky to make my top 30 as of today.  But, rankings mean next to nothing this early, so we'll see what happens in the next few months.

• Like 2

On June 30, 2018 at 9:13 AM, SharkSwimmer said:

And banished the only game plan (centering the offense around Ajayi) that actually has won him games with MIA.  

A refresher:

2016: 1-4 without featuring Ajayi, 9-2 featuring him.

2017: 4-3 featuring Ajayi, 2-7 after trading him away for peanuts.

Odds are that Miami is really bad this year, which should favor the pass catchers.

• Like 2

Agree that Gase is an idiot. Not sure if it’s mcadoodoo level bad yet or not. Won’t know if he loses the locker room till they start the season 0-6 lol

2 hours ago, joshua18 said:

And banished the only game plan (centering the offense around Ajayi) that actually has won him games with MIA.  

A refresher:

2016: 1-4 without featuring Ajayi, 9-2 featuring him.

2017: 4-3 featuring Ajayi, 2-7 after trading him away for peanuts.

Odds are that Miami is really bad this year, which should favor the pass catchers.

I’m not sure that was the problem... Cutler was passed washed up.

But I’m not a big believer in Miami’s offense this year either...  

I doubt I’ll have any Miami player on my fantasy team.

I’m not in the “Gase is an idiot” club yet... I’ll give him another 2 years.

5 hours ago, seanismorris said:

I doubt I’ll have any Miami player on my fantasy team.

Miami will be playing from behind A LOT... hmmm, wonder who that favors the most...  

Hint: he’s totaled 15 TDs on Miami over the past two years (with two different QBs).

• Like 1