DerrickHenrysCleats

Kenyan Drake 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, affliction said:

Yeah it was a weird game but it's still looking like a 60/40 split with Gore imo. Drake had 14 carries to Gore's 9 and Gore had a better YPC with a 21 yard run

Lets hope Drakes usage in the passing game takes off.

Only 4 targets, but he ran a ton of routes. Lined up with Gore in the backfield, and out wide. I don't think volume is going to be a huge concern. 

Just now, ajs723 said:

Only 4 targets, but he ran a ton of routes. Lined up with Gore in the backfield, and out wide. I don't think volume is going to be a huge concern. 

Hope you're right

The usage doesn't worry me; if he averages 17 touches a game (~275 for the year) I'll be thrilled. 

Such a weird game with all the start and stopping. I don't think this week really changes your opinion of Drake either way. 

Agreed with everyone.

Game started at 1 and ended at 8:15.

Drake was clearly the “lead back” though. Was in to start and in at the end of the game. Also was the only one to see passing Work as an RB.

He did decent in PPR, I'm not hitting the panic button yet.

But yeah, this game was so bizarre and off-kilter with all the delays, and it is week 1, we really can take NOTHING away from this aside from the fact that he looks like the lead back in a 60/40 split.

7 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

I’m seeing his snap% at 71%. Happy with that. Bizarre game with the delays. More productive days are likely ahead.

I hope so. They have the Titans coming up so I think that's an easy plug and play. 

4 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

How many yards did they have each?

Is this a rhetorical question? One you already know the answer to and looking to eventually throw shade in a certain direction?

As others mentioned this was a crazy LONG (delayed) game. The usage is there and I expect things to get better from here.  As a player I couldn't imagine having to play on and off for 7+ hours.

7 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

How many yards did they have each?

Gore had 61 rushing yards and Drake had 66 total yards. 

Those numbers aren't extremely significant (other than the fact Gore clearly ran well) what is more significant are the snap and touch total. Snap count and touch total is more indicative of future fantasy production opposed to just raw stats. Drake led both of those numbers by a pretty significant margin. 

Either way it was a very weird game and I'm not sure if there is much to take away. 

Edited by munde53

I expect a few more short passes to Drake in the future - more in line with Tannehill's career numbers with short(er) passes.

It wasn't shade I was just curious if Gore had more yards (Im a Drake owner).

I see better days head for Drake. As of right now he'll be my low RB2 option incase Hunt or Conner get injured.

Anyone have him has a solid RB2 option?

3 minutes ago, Mattmac0912 said:

Wait and see dude has potential gore is a pain in the a** though 

I don't think Gore will be that much of a factor TBH.

No one had any chance to get into any kind of rhythm in that game - mulligan/wastepaper basket material that fugly game was.

12 hours ago, oresteszero said:

It wasn't shade I was just curious if Gore had more yards (Im a Drake owner).

I see better days head for Drake. As of right now he'll be my low RB2 option incase Hunt or Conner get injured.

Anyone have him has a solid RB2 option?

Not sure he will be a solid RB2 option when he's splitting carries with Gore around 60/40.

Figured everyone knew this would be somewhat of a timeshare the minute they signed Gore. He'll vulture TDs which will drive us all crazy but if the snap counts and touches remain what they were in the opener I'll be happy.   

It could be worse. Alex Collins and Royce Freeman were ADP before Drake and I targeted both. One had a return of the fumbles and the other got out-snapped by a guy I'd never heard of. Bell cow backs are going the way of the dinosaur. 

Underestimated Gore when drafting Drake. Still not worried. Drake's output should still be solid, as he is a big play slasher and was never going to be a goal line ram. 15+ carries and 5+ targets should put him comfortably in RB2 territory. That's as good of a floor as it gets for a big play RB. He won't lose you many weeks (if any), but will win you some weeks when he hits a home run.

• Like 2

Gore will get his goal line carries. Most likely more than Drake. But it's not like Gore will get all of them.

I also think that Drake will catch a few TD passes in the red zone as a checkdown option when he leaks into the flat and outruns defenders to the pylon. This and his big play ability will hopefully make up for his reduced goal line work.

Btw just look at all these backs drafted right around Drake, and even those taken before him. All have some kind of goal line vulturing RB behind them, and those who have locked up goal line carries aren't involved in the passing game. That's just how it is these days, and a good base to gauge Drake's value.