DerrickHenrysCleats

Kenyan Drake 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, frog34 said:

Gore will get his goal line carries. Most likely more than Drake. But it's not like Gore will get all of them.

I also think that Drake will catch a few TD passes in the red zone as a checkdown option when he leaks into the flat and outruns defenders to the pylon. This and his big play ability will hopefully make up for his reduced goal line work.

Btw just look at all these backs drafted right around Drake, and even those taken before him. All have some kind of goal line vulturing RB behind them, and those who have locked up goal line carries aren't involved in the passing game. That's just how it is these days, and a good base to gauge Drake's value.

Yeah with how my draft went it was either Drake or Mckinnon so I made the right choice. I knew Gore wouldnt go to Miami and just ride the bench. He is reliable and coaches love that. I just hope Drake can get around 4 catches a game, shouldn't be that difficult when you look at Miami's receiving group and how they should be playing from behind alot. 

A bit of positive perspective.....If choosing between D Freeman and Drake right now straight up? Going Drake every time.  And Freeman was a consensus 2nd rounder in 10 teamers. In terms of snap percentage Drake was still top 15 in week 1. Just sayin.....relax a bit

Only thing that worried me about Drake is how bad Miami’s offense is. Outside of Kenny Stills, they have zero threat.

It's only the first week guys calm down lol. The first game was flukeyanyways with the starts and stops due to the weather.

MIA plays @NYJ this week. This should be a good indicator of what we have on our hands.

22 hours ago, oresteszero said:

I hope so. They have the Titans coming up so I think that's an easy plug and play. 

You mean the Jets? They just played Tennessee.

I'm looking to trade Drake.

MIA looks like crap (as usual).

Hoping to sell high. Who knows when that moment will come...

2 hours ago, Gamecubesupreme said:

Only thing that worried me about Drake is how bad Miami’s offense is. Outside of Kenny Stills, they have zero threat.

I'm hoping Parker shows something. 

3 minutes ago, affliction said:

Wish they used him like Cinci uses Mixon.

NFL.com saying his outlook isn't good because of Gore

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/story/0ap3000000961430/article/trade-calls-kenyan-drake-sees-a-dent-in-opportunity

Week 1 bros....

Also, why would you trade Drake right now?  If you watch the game film, he past the eye test big time.  The NFL is a joke which only means that NFL.com is a joke and this is probably written by some square in the backoffice looking at box scores thinking that he is being smart.  In reality, he is being a dummy.  Drake is freakish and looked really sharp despite his box score last week.  

In the end, I can see why folks are wanting to trade him buuuuuuut...he is going to have a big week in the next few weeks which could give you a better pay day.   At this point, you are counting on his pre-draft value minus the perceived depreciation from Game 1.  I'd argue there was no depreciation in value from that first game, perhaps confirmed that he still looks as good as last year and it is just a matter of him continuing that execution. 

I've been wrong before.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, affliction said:

Wish they used him like Cinci uses Mixon.

NFL.com saying his outlook isn't good because of Gore

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/story/0ap3000000961430/article/trade-calls-kenyan-drake-sees-a-dent-in-opportunity

NFL.com might be the worst analysis and articles that the industry has to offer. Just group think, lazy analysis, and barely any facts to back their claims.

Drake got 17 touches in a game that took 8 hours, and ran like 30 routes. He's a major player in this offense. You want players in offenses who you know are one of the top-3 focal points in the offense. 

• Like 2

Drake is the perfect buy low candidate.

People are making too big of a deal about Gore. Sure his box score looks fine but he was running though huge holes. I'll try to find the article but I read something about the run blocking grades for the Dolphins were at their highest during Gore's runs. Drake looked very good on his runs and if not for the Dolphins being in clock killing mode at the end of the game his YPC/efficiency would be similar to Gore's. On a side note, YPC is one of the dumbest stats to form an opinion of a player on. 

Drake played on the vast majority of snaps and had almost twice the touches as Gore. This isn't the time share that NFL.com analyst or the box score would lead to you believe it is. If Drake is guaranteed at least 17 touches per game going forward he'll easily be a RB2 in the top 15 or so range. 

• Like 4

Josh Sitton done for the year. Whether you all want to admit it or not he is trending down.

9 minutes ago, affliction said:

Josh Sitton done for the year. Whether you all want to admit it or not he is trending down.

That is a hit. 

Wuestion tho, will losing Sitton be a bigger hit to gore or Drake? In terms of how they each run. 

I have no idea. Haven’t seen much of drake and haven’t watched gore in about 25 years. 

33 minutes ago, affliction said:

What do you mean by trending down?

It's always funny to see a guy get hyped up and then the games actually matter and poof, value demolished. Hopefully he can have a decent game this week, because last week suuuuucked.

1 minute ago, steve9347 said:

It's always funny to see a guy get hyped up and then the games actually matter and poof, value demolished. Hopefully he can have a decent game this week, because last week suuuuucked.

Can last week even be creditable? The game started 1 ET and ended literally 7 hours later. It was a weird game that can be derived of much value..

6 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Can last week even be creditable? The game started 1 ET and ended literally 7 hours later. It was a weird game that can be derived of much value..

Yeah, but the following factors have me really down on Drake:

- inexplicalbe splitting of carries with Grandpappy Gore

- QB injury issues

- O-Line decimation

That game certainly was rough. I spent 6 hours waiting for Drake (and Corey Davis) to pull their heads out of their collective asses and score me some points. Maybe I'm just pissed about a pathetic week 1 and can be pleasantly surprised this week!

#IHateBadWeekOnes!

Edited by steve9347
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, steve9347 said:

Yeah, but the following factors have me really down on Drake:

- inexplicalbe splitting of carries with Grandpappy Gore

- QB injury issues

- O-Line decimation

That game certainly was rough. I spent 6 hours waiting for Drake (and Corey Davis) to pull their heads out of their collective asses and score me some points. Maybe I'm just pissed about a pathetic week 1 and can be pleasantly surprised this week!

#IHateBadWeekOnes!

Yeah it certainly was rough. I think better days are ahead for Drake tbh.

7 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Yeah it certainly was rough. I think better days are ahead for Drake tbh.

From your fingertips to God's ears, hopefully.

• Haha 1