DerrickHenrysCleats

Kenyan Drake 2018 Outlook

Would you guys accept Drake and Lynch for Ingram?

My RB1 is Gurley, but I have no solid RB2 until Ingram returns (just Barber and Carson) and I was offered this by the the Drake owner.

Ingram outscored Drake even in the second half of the year last year, and having a piece in the high-powered Saints offense is enticing, as I see no reason why he wouldn't replicate last year given Payton's preference for a 2-RB offense

Edited by bballcool34

4 minutes ago, bballcool34 said:

Would you guys accept Drake and Lynch for Ingram?

My RB1 is Gurley, but I have no solid RB2 until Ingram returns (just Barber and Carson) and I was offered this by the the Drake owner.

Ingram outscored Drake even in the second half of the year last year, and having a piece in the high-powered Saints offense is enticing, as I see no reason why he wouldn't replicate last year given Payton's preference for a 2-RB offense

Accept NOW before he comes to his senses 

Two RBs for 1 RB that isnt even playing right now?  what kind of league is this should be vetoed - take the trade.

• Like 3

Yeah - but I'm usually on the bandwagon of take the best player in the trade if you have depth (which I do), because I have other flexes I could use over Lynch.  And Drake seems like less of a sure thing given the Miami O-line (larger factor) and Gore (smaller factor)...

Maybe I'm overthinking it though.

6 minutes ago, Mattmac0912 said:

Conner isn’t gonna score what he did last Sunday the rest of the month and Detroit is a dumpster fire I’d say you’re fine ros 

that's true, another 30 carries and his wheels might fall off lol

8 hours ago, bballcool34 said:

Yeah - but I'm usually on the bandwagon of take the best player in the trade if you have depth (which I do), because I have other flexes I could use over Lynch.  And Drake seems like less of a sure thing given the Miami O-line (larger factor) and Gore (smaller factor)...

Maybe I'm overthinking it though.

Definitely over thinking it. If anything I would be more concerned that the trade will be vetoed rather than if it is a good trade for you or not.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bballcool34 said:

Thanks all; officially on board the Drake train!

As an...

- owner of Drake this year...

- some one who blew their remaining FAAB on him on our way to a Fantasy Championship and $2500 last year...

- some one who predicted a Top 5 finish in the "Bold Predictions Thread"...

- a season ticket holder for the NY Jets (Drake's opponent tomorrow)...

- and someone who obviously want a good game tomorrow from Drake (but a Jets win ;))...

...I can honestly say I think the trade window will get even larger, as the Week 2 frustrations continue after the Jets defense stifle the rushing attack.

Either way, Welcome aboard.

• Like 1

How we feeling about our boy Drake today?

Kenyan Drake operated as Miami’s Week 1 lead back, out-touching (17) and out-snapping (74%) Frank Gore (9, 29%) while rookie Kalen Ballage was a healthy scratch. Gore did run hot, gaining 61 yards on his nine carries (6.78 YPC) and dominating a first-half drive that Tannehill capped with a ten-yard touchdown pass to Kenny Stills. Both backs had two red-zone carries and one inside the ten. Gore won’t go away if he continues to run efficiently, but Drake is a locked-in RB2 regardless who will play more when the Dolphins fall behind. Especially after losing LG Josh Sitton(shoulder) to I.R., this is an average to below-average matchup for Drake against a Jets defense that held Lions backs to 13/34/2.62/0 rushing in Week 1. Gang Green did surrender eight running back catches, more meaningful for Drake than Gore. Gore ran just seven routes and wasn’t targeted, while Drake ran 24 patterns and drew four looks. 

Don't feel particularly good but I'm rolling him out due to a lack of better options. Hope he can bust off a long run or catch to make it worthwhile. 

1 hour ago, jtbgator said:

Kenyan Drake operated as Miami’s Week 1 lead back, out-touching (17) and out-snapping (74%) Frank Gore (9, 29%) while rookie Kalen Ballage was a healthy scratch. Gore did run hot, gaining 61 yards on his nine carries (6.78 YPC) and dominating a first-half drive that Tannehill capped with a ten-yard touchdown pass to Kenny Stills. Both backs had two red-zone carries and one inside the ten. Gore won’t go away if he continues to run efficiently, but Drake is a locked-in RB2 regardless who will play more when the Dolphins fall behind. Especially after losing LG Josh Sitton(shoulder) to I.R., this is an average to below-average matchup for Drake against a Jets defense that held Lions backs to 13/34/2.62/0 rushing in Week 1. Gang Green did surrender eight running back catches, more meaningful for Drake than Gore. Gore ran just seven routes and wasn’t targeted, while Drake ran 24 patterns and drew four looks. 

Rolling him out there.  Week 2.  Decent Week 1.  Gang Green had a fluke of a game.  Lions offense was anemic and Blount is a joke - not putting any weight into that game other than the Jets look like they actually have a decent offense this year.  Drake had some really good statistics when it came to yards after contact etc.  Feeling optimistic because I really don't want to to get too cute here.  

4 minutes ago, mjagger42 said:

Don't feel particularly good but I'm rolling him out due to a lack of better options. Hope he can bust off a long run or catch to make it worthwhile. 

If you start him, "[we] will get by....[we] will survive" and if he sucks than "[my better half will find] me stumbling 'round drunk on burgundy wine." 

Had to.  Great photo on your avatar.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jtbgator said:

Something like 12-15 carries for for 50-70 yards, 4 catches for 30, possible TD. If I get 12 - 14 points today I'd be thrilled. 

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/11263/kenyan-drake

very lazy reporting from Rotoworld. Yes, drake had 15 touches vs Gore's 10 -- and yes it *appeared* as though gore was used to kill the clock. But, since their blurb writers seem to be glorified interns, they failed to report that drake left with an injury at one point, which led to gore killing hte clock for a short time. An injury on a nice run too, so id have guessed he had more touches coming. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jamesisharden said:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/11263/kenyan-drake

very lazy reporting from Rotoworld. Yes, drake had 15 touches vs Gore's 10 -- and yes it *appeared* as though gore was used to kill the clock. But, since their blurb writers seem to be glorified interns, they failed to report that drake left with an injury at one point, which led to gore killing hte clock for a short time. An injury on a nice run too, so id have guessed he had more touches coming. 

what was the injury? did he come back? didn't catch the game. 

8 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

what was the injury? did he come back? didn't catch the game. 

Yes, he came back. It looked like he just tweaked somethign in his back. he was stretching and then sat on the sideline for a series/2

Yes he's splitting some time with Gore, but luckily it's seeming pretty obvious exactly how they're using them. The score on the board is going to dictate the usage here, probably for the entire season. The Dolphins are playing the same game that teams like the Titans want to play - low scoring, control the clock, let your defense grind it out. Gore is their back when they can get that situation working for them, when they're trying to salt away games. Fortunately I don't believe their defense is nearly as good as they've been allowed to look these first two weeks, and there will be better scripts ahead when the Dolphins are forced to stay competitive or play catchup. 

He's looked great with the opportunity he's had so far, and luckily I think all we've seen is his floor - ~65 all purpose yards with a 50% chance of a TD. 

30 minutes ago, DekuTree said:

Yes he's splitting some time with Gore, but luckily it's seeming pretty obvious exactly how they're using them. The score on the board is going to dictate the usage here, probably for the entire season. The Dolphins are playing the same game that teams like the Titans want to play - low scoring, control the clock, let your defense grind it out. Gore is their back when they can get that situation working for them, when they're trying to salt away games. Fortunately I don't believe their defense is nearly as good as they've been allowed to look these first two weeks, and there will be better scripts ahead when the Dolphins are forced to stay competitive or play catchup. 

He's looked great with the opportunity he's had so far, and luckily I think all we've seen is his floor - ~65 all purpose yards with a 50% chance of a TD. 

This is literally just baseless opinion. Not reality

Gore has rotated series with him. He's not salting away anything. Drake finished the game/

3 minutes ago, jamesisharden said:

This is literally just baseless opinion. Not reality

Gore has rotated series with him. He's not salting away anything. Drake finished the game/

Gore had 2 carries in the first half to Drake's 7. Holding on to a 14->8 point lead throughout the entire second half, they ran Gore 8 times to Drake's 8 - with 7 coming with less than twenty minutes in the game and 4 of those coming with less than five minutes remaining in the game. 

But I guess those are just baseless numbers, not reality. 

6 minutes ago, DekuTree said:

Gore had 2 carries in the first half to Drake's 7. Holding on to a 14->8 point lead throughout the entire second half, they ran Gore 8 times to Drake's 8 - with 7 coming with less than twenty minutes in the game and 4 of those coming with less than five minutes remaining in the game. 

But I guess those are just baseless numbers, not reality. 

Drake was the only back on the final drive when the Dolphins were killing the clock in week 1.

RB touches on final drive of week 2 (clock killing):

Drake carry (20 yard run, came out for a breather). 

Gore carry.

Drake carry.

Drake carry.

Gore reception.

Gore carry.

Gore carry.

Gore isn't "the" back during clock killing mode and if anything Drake looks like the back who the Dolphins like to be in during the final minutes of the game.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, munde53 said:

Drake was the only back on the final drive when the Dolphins were killing the clock in week 1.

RB touches on final drive of week 2 (clock killing):

Drake carry (20 yard run, came out for a breather). 

Gore carry.

Drake carry.

Drake carry.

Gore reception.

Gore carry.

Gore carry.

Gore isn't "the" back during clock killing mode and if anything Drake looks like the back who the Dolphins like to be in during the final minutes of the game.

Drake also left the game in the 2nd half briefly for some type of injury. So Gore's snaps/carries in the 2nd half were influenced by that too. As you've pointed out, he also isn't the back to kill the clock either. 

8 minutes ago, munde53 said:

I never said that Gore was "the" back, because it seems pretty obvious that they're not going to switch to using a single different back at a certain part of the game. The inference was that within the somewhat 65/35 split of snaps, Gore's seem to be primarily being gained later in the games once a lead has been established and he can grind out the continuous yardage for them. All I was saying is that it seems Drake will see more work in games that are more competitive or that they can't jump out to an early lead in, or are playing catchup in, while Gore will see more work in games that are in hand and need his hardnosed running. That doesn't mean that suddenly one isn't going to see the field anymore. 

19 minutes ago, DekuTree said:

I never said that Gore was "the" back, because it seems pretty obvious that they're not going to switch to using a single different back at a certain part of the game. The inference was that within the somewhat 65/35 split of snaps, Gore's seem to be primarily being gained later in the games once a lead has been established and he can grind out the continuous yardage for them. All I was saying is that it seems Drake will see more work in games that are more competitive or that they can't jump out to an early lead in, or are playing catchup in, while Gore will see more work in games that are in hand and need his hardnosed running. That doesn't mean that suddenly one isn't going to see the field anymore. 

That's just not the case though. Gore had 5 of his 9 carries in week 1 in the first half. He's used on alternating series. Watching the game makes this pretty clear. 

Drake also saw MORE carries once they were truly trying to run out the clock. Yes, gore had a role...but Drake and Gores usage isnt strictly dictated by game script. I'd imagine gore also sees carries in opposite scenarios. It's pretty clear the staff wants to use both backs because they're both effective, and it keeps Drake fresh.