DerrickHenrysCleats

Kenyan Drake 2018 Outlook

2 hours ago, DekuTree said:

I never said that Gore was "the" back, because it seems pretty obvious that they're not going to switch to using a single different back at a certain part of the game. The inference was that within the somewhat 65/35 split of snaps, Gore's seem to be primarily being gained later in the games once a lead has been established and he can grind out the continuous yardage for them. All I was saying is that it seems Drake will see more work in games that are more competitive or that they can't jump out to an early lead in, or are playing catchup in, while Gore will see more work in games that are in hand and need his hardnosed running. That doesn't mean that suddenly one isn't going to see the field anymore. 

We do know that we're seeing some touches being taken away, but Drake is producing. I believe we've only seen his floor this season as the players start getting tired and Drake only gets stronger as the season goes (he's pretty young.) He looks pretty awesome out there- his touchdown was really good vision (and a good hole.)

I think his arrow's pointing up, and everyone should be happy with what he's returned (at cost so far.) I think there's still more to go. 

@NYJ is a really tough place to play, especially their first game of the season with their shiny new QB. Their defense ain't no slouch. Adam Gase is not coaching as bad this year surprisingly. He likes Drake a lot.

Edited by PlayTheWaivers
  • Like 4

Only 11 carries yesterday, but 4.8 YPC. I liked what I saw. Arrow def pointing up. Welcome to my flex Mr Drake.

37 minutes ago, affliction said:

Oakland next. If he doesn't have 15-20 points I'll be alarmed 

I'm inclined to agree. He's been hitting just under that in standard against tougher D's.

this guy looks so good when you watch him, constantly making impressive runs. Could use a few more touches, but honestly if he can settle into 15-20 touches a game he can still be really solid and keep him fresh for the long haul. I

10 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

this guy looks so good when you watch him, constantly making impressive runs. Could use a few more touches, but honestly if he can settle into 15-20 touches a game he can still be really solid and keep him fresh for the long haul. I

Gore will be screwing fantasy owners over until he’s 75

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Mattmac0912 said:

Gore will be screwing fantasy owners over until he’s 75

Lol.. wouldnt put it past him

3 minutes ago, sunz0r said:

What’s the outlook for this guy?

Undervalued Domination ROS

On 9/18/2018 at 5:48 PM, affliction said:

Oakland next. If he doesn't have 15-20 points I'll be alarmed 

So you're saying you'd be alarmed if he had 18 rushes for 120 yards?

6 hours ago, munde53 said:

So you're saying you'd be alarmed if he had 18 rushes for 120 yards?

How many times does Gore vulture him, hypothetically speaking?

Edited by affliction

1) 60/40 or 65/35 timeshares are state of the art these days. Unless you drafted one of the 5 or so workhorse studs in the 1st round, you won't get a RB with a bigger workload.

2) I don't think Gore is the designated goal line rusher. Of course he will vulture some, but last week it was Drake's turn inside the 5. I think it depends more on flow and who needs a breather. Their goal line designation seems to be more random than calculation.

• Like 2

Just waiting for a multiple TD day... it's coming. This guy seems to be slept on pretty hard. Maybe then people will take him serious 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

All this worry about Gore...

Admittedly, my memory isn’t as good as it once was but it seems to me whenever I owned Gore in the past HE was the one getting vultured constantly. I remember being extremely frustrated by his lack of GL usage. 

If this is true (IF) then I don’t see how Gore all the sudden becomes Leroy Hoard in his 15th season when he was never that guy in his first decade in the league. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, billydough said:

Admittedly, my memory isn’t as good as it once was but it seems to me whenever I owned Gore in the past HE was the one getting vultured constantly. I remember being extremely frustrated by his lack of GL usage. 

If this is true (IF) then I don’t see how Gore all the sudden becomes Leroy Hoard in his 15th season when he was never that guy in his first decade in the league. 

Hi- Welcome to RW

Where anything short of everything is reason for panic.  

:lol:

Edited by Impreza178
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, billydough said:

Frank Gore single handidly knocked me out of the playoffs last year with a snow game in Buffalo where Indy handed it to him over 20 times for over 100 yards.

I love Drake but Gase won't give him a full worklaod unless his hand is forced like the last 6 games last season.

Arrow firmly pointing up fellas.

Fantasy Football Week 3 Start 'Em & Sit 'Em: After slow start, Kenyan Drake ready to take off

Kenyan Drake hasn't exactly taken off yet, but Jamey Eisenberg thinks Week 3 is when it'll happen. That's why he's the Start of the Week.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/fantasy-football-week-3-start-em-sit-em-after-slow-start-kenyan-drake-ready-to-take-off/?ftag=SNL-04-10aaa0d&ET_CID=54968&ET_RID=12054753

Start of the Week 

I'm a big fan of narrative and situations as much as matchups, and I like the set-up for Kenyan Drake this week against Oakland. He should have the chance for a big game.

The Raiders are playing in back-to-back road games this week and have to travel to the East Coast for a 1 p.m. start. That should be a tired defense under the circumstances.

Todd Gurley (147 total yards and a touchdown) in Week 1 and the combination of Phillip Lindsay and Royce Freeman (139 total yards and a touchdown) in Week 2 have beat up this Oakland defense, and Drake is coming off a standout performance of his own at the Jets. He had 11 carries for 53 yards (4.8 yards per carry) and a touchdown and four catches for 17 yards to help Miami improve to 2-0.

Drake is still splitting touches with Frank Gore, which isn't the most ideal situation, but Drake also has at least 15 touches in each game. And hopefully he'll take on more work as the season moves on, starting in Week 3.

Drake had nine carries for 69 yards and six catches for 35 yards against Oakland last year, and he's averaging 15.4 PPR points in his past seven games going back to the end of the 2017 season. He's scored at least 11 PPR points in five games over that span.

The Dolphins are one of the surprise teams through Week 2 at 2-0, and Drake has been a significant contributor to their success. We'll see if he can keep it going in Week 3 against Oakland, and this is a good situation to believe in with his matchup against the Raiders at home.

I'm starting Drake over: Leonard Fournette (vs. TEN), Jordan Howard (at ARI), Dion Lewis (at JAC), Alex Collins (vs. DEN) and Lamar Miller (vs. NYG) 

23 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Arrow firmly pointing up fellas.

Fantasy Football Week 3 Start 'Em & Sit 'Em: After slow start, Kenyan Drake ready to take off

Kenyan Drake hasn't exactly taken off yet, but Jamey Eisenberg thinks Week 3 is when it'll happen. That's why he's the Start of the Week.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/fantasy-football-week-3-start-em-sit-em-after-slow-start-kenyan-drake-ready-to-take-off/?ftag=SNL-04-10aaa0d&ET_CID=54968&ET_RID=12054753

Start of the Week 

I'm a big fan of narrative and situations as much as matchups, and I like the set-up for Kenyan Drake this week against Oakland. He should have the chance for a big game.

The Raiders are playing in back-to-back road games this week and have to travel to the East Coast for a 1 p.m. start. That should be a tired defense under the circumstances.

Todd Gurley (147 total yards and a touchdown) in Week 1 and the combination of Phillip Lindsay and Royce Freeman (139 total yards and a touchdown) in Week 2 have beat up this Oakland defense, and Drake is coming off a standout performance of his own at the Jets. He had 11 carries for 53 yards (4.8 yards per carry) and a touchdown and four catches for 17 yards to help Miami improve to 2-0.

Drake is still splitting touches with Frank Gore, which isn't the most ideal situation, but Drake also has at least 15 touches in each game. And hopefully he'll take on more work as the season moves on, starting in Week 3.

Drake had nine carries for 69 yards and six catches for 35 yards against Oakland last year, and he's averaging 15.4 PPR points in his past seven games going back to the end of the 2017 season. He's scored at least 11 PPR points in five games over that span.

The Dolphins are one of the surprise teams through Week 2 at 2-0, and Drake has been a significant contributor to their success. We'll see if he can keep it going in Week 3 against Oakland, and this is a good situation to believe in with his matchup against the Raiders at home.

I'm starting Drake over: Leonard Fournette (vs. TEN), Jordan Howard (at ARI), Dion Lewis (at JAC), Alex Collins (vs. DEN) and Lamar Miller (vs. NYG) 

Why would you start drake over fournette you should be starting both 

2 minutes ago, Mattmac0912 said:

Why would you start drake over fournette you should be starting both 

He's not doing it. The idiot who wrote the article is.