DerrickHenrysCleats

Kenyan Drake 2018 Outlook

This is a prove it game for Miami as a team. 

Detroit gashed the pats. Gotta think the fins will at least give Drake the opportunity to do the same. 

I’m anxious to see Drake more involved in the passing game too. I thought I drafted a dynamic player. Hopefully I did. 

Disappointed with Drake's involvement thus far. Terrible time to sell though. Hoping better days are ahead 

If I wasn't an owner already I'd throw some offers on Drake to a frustrated owner to try and buy low

It's now or never, this guy should be game flow proof, since he is a good receiving back, but his usage so far is troubling. Like I shouldn't have to worry about a mad Pats team looking to take it out on Miami and getting up by a few scores, as he should be able to produce with his receiving yards in those cases. But, I'd be lying to say I wasn't worried. 

1 hour ago, cbsholy said:

Disappointed with Drake's involvement thus far. Terrible time to sell though. Hoping better days are ahead 

If I wasn't an owner already I'd throw some offers on Drake to a frustrated owner to try and buy low

Well said.  As an owner not much you can do but hold and hope for the best.  I much prefer being on the other side of these equations where I'm trying to buy low.

Didn't have him when he balled out last year after Ajayi was traded. Enlighten me: What's changed? Gore? Cutler - Tannehill? Gase offense?

I just traded for Drake. I believe he's going to get much more usage than what he has been getting...its not like he's rushing 20 yards for 10 carries. He's been great with the minimal carries that he has received, averaging 4 targets per game which will bump up as well. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, frog34 said:

Didn't have him when he balled out last year after Ajayi was traded. Enlighten me: What's changed? Gore? Cutler - Tannehill? Gase offense?

Well week 1 he had a nice first half, was like 10/50, then the game ended up lasting 8 hours with no flow in the second half.

Week 2 was a solid performance. His ypc was hurt at the end when he went -10 yards trying to run out the clock.

Week 3 had atrocious game flow. They had the ball for 21 minutes the entire game and killed them through the air when they actually had the ball.

So 2/3 games with horrible game flow, and he is out snapping Gore at a 2:1 ratio. Tannehill can sustain an offense, so it feels like he should be fine/solid moving forward if they just play a normal type of game.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Like 4

Last year Drake went over 100 combined yards in both games vs these Pats.

Pats D is worse and Gase has been saving Drake for days like this....

No gimics this week...just smash mouth ball control Offense that the leaves pretty boy on the bench to poise for the camera's.

Edited by mar1kle

I'm definitely having 2nd thoughts about drafting Drake. I'm not sure exactly what's holding him back. He has been awful in certain moments this year, fairly spectacular in others. He hasn't gotten loose once yet, which was a fairly common occurrence last year.

I noticed in his last game Gore was in in several obvious passing situations. Gore. 

So - forced to start yet again but fact is maybe this dude's a bust. I think it's possible at this point.

23 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

I'm definitely having 2nd thoughts about drafting Drake. I'm not sure exactly what's holding him back. He has been awful in certain moments this year, fairly spectacular in others. He hasn't gotten loose once yet, which was a fairly common occurrence last year.

I noticed in his last game Gore was in in several obvious passing situations. Gore. 

So - forced to start yet again but fact is maybe this dude's a bust. I think it's possible at this point.

I’ve been scooping up the Clements and Monty’s of the world because I fear the same. 

In perspective, he is a rotational flex on my squad due to my concerns 

31 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

“I’m not sure exactly what’s holding him back.”

Adam Gase giving him 3 carries in the first half last week. There’s your answer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mdw5048 said:

“I’m not sure exactly what’s holding him back.”

Adam Gase giving him 3 carries in the first half last week. There’s your answer.

Well OK that's obvious and I understand that.

This is tough territory because MIA is 3-0 barely using Drake. 

I have to hold out some room for the premise that Gase is limiting Drake for some reason. It could be conceived that Gase feels vindicated by not using Drake all that much because they're 3-0.

Tough to argue in Drake's defense under the circumstances. Starting him because I have to regardless BTW...

2 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

I have to hold out some room for the premise that Gase is limiting Drake for some reason. It could be conceived that Gase feels vindicated by not using Drake all that much because they're 3-0.

Tough to argue in Drake's defense under the circumstances. Starting him because I have to regardless BTW...

The best buy low of them all in my opinion. Easily. A league winner if you can get him for pennies. It's coming.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

As a Dolphins fan, I had a thought similar to this last weekend.

I could see a world where they beat New England this weekend, go 4-0 to start, and they did it all without running drake into the ground.

MAYBE, Gase wants to save Drake for his run later in the season, to make a playoff push. He’s getting by without putting a ton of usage on him now, so why not take that as a win. Doesn’t burn him out and they aren’t feeling the negative effects.

Could it be that we see something similar to last year where drake goes nuts down the stretch again?

Fwiw, I’m starting Drake this weekend. I think he’s going to ball out.

• Like 1

Is the new NFL about not using a RB?  That’s what KC does at times...

It’s amazing the Dolphins are winning with how little they run the ball.  Is it just game script?

I don’t know, but it’s weird...

Looking at Gore & Drakes usage, you’d think Ballage had taken over, but he’s been a big zero so far.

Very few people likely have the luxury of sitting Drake, but luckily most opponents have their own “Drake” they’re being forced to start. 

Just looked closer at their games and most of their scores were big plays by Kenny Stills, Jakeem Grant and Albert Wilson. This is a big play offense, as much as Drake is a big play RB. He wasn't going to be a 20+ touch, pound the rock guy, but someone who gets 12-15 carries along with about 5 targets with a good shot to take a long one to the house. Actually, with how many big plays they've created in the passing game, things could open up nicely for Drake soon. Or their explosive WRs are finally getting stopped inside the 5 and Drake nicks some TDs. As I've already stated earlier in the thread, Gore isn't the designated goal line back. So far, Drake leads Gore in goal line and RZ snaps just like he leads the snap count in general. 65:35 is the new 90:10 these days...

Edited by frog34
  • Like 2

I might try to buy low before gametime today where I don't own him.  I have him in over the injured Carson where I do own him.

• Like 1

Was comparing players, Drake & Kerryon and I was surprised to see that Drake only has one more carry than Kerryon. Didn't realize it was going to be a near 50-50 split with Gore. Hope Drake has a decent game today so I can try to trade him away. Not getting enough carries due to weird game glow and Gore.

5 minutes ago, Squidward said:

Was comparing players, Drake & Kerryon and I was surprised to see that Drake only has one more carry than Kerryon. Didn't realize it was going to be a near 50-50 split with Gore. Hope Drake has a decent game today so I can try to trade him away. Not getting enough carries due to weird game glow and Gore.

That's what I like to call a false narrative. 

Elliot, Kamara, CMC, Barkley, DO, Connor, Gurley, Gordon, Miller, Howard.

That's the entire list of RBs that have played a higher snap percentage than Drake. He's a clear cut lead back. That's not up for debate. 

1 minute ago, ajs723 said:

That's what I like to call a false narrative. 

Elliot, Kamara, CMC, Barkley, DO, Connor, Gurley, Gordon, Miller, Howard.

That's the entire list of RBs that have played a higher snap percentage than Drake. He's a clear cut lead back. That's not up for debate. 

Drake: 30 Carries

Gore: 23 Carries 

Drake has only carried the ball 56% of the time :( but you're right, he is on the field more overall.

4 minutes ago, Squidward said:

Drake: 30 Carries

Gore: 23 Carries 

Drake has only carried the ball 56% of the time :( but you're right, he is on the field more overall.

The other way to look at this is that Gore is only on the field a third of the time, he's averaging 8 carries per game, and he's yet to handle double digit attempts in any game. 

He's a back up, and not really a concern. The concern is whether the coaching staff is willing to simply give more work to Drake. I think they have to. 

Kenyan Great!

Great game script for him to go off today! LETS GO!!!