DerrickHenrysCleats

Kenyan Drake 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, King Gonzo said:

so who watches these games? Is this guy just never on the field or something? This guy was dominant down the stretch last year and now hes basically irrelevant.

This is one of those cases where watching the game would not have helped, considering he had one touch of the ball per quarter.

And people said I was crazy for having doubts about trading for this guy and Lynch for Ingram.

Luckily Lynch has been rock solid so far, but damn, talk about disappointing. He doesn't get many opportunities, and when he does, he doesn't capitalize (partly on him, partly on the horrendous O-Line).

24 minutes ago, King Gonzo said:

so who watches these games? Is this guy just never on the field or something? This guy was dominant down the stretch last year and now hes basically irrelevant.

From what I saw, Drake was on the field plenty. He just wasn’t being used. Like at all. 

I actually heard the announcer saying something about how this Dolphins offense is modeled after the Chiefs...I’m thinking other than Albert Wilson being on the team I don’t see the similarities 

this was earlier in the game (first half sometime) but still. 

I like Drake but his a** is firmly planted on my bench for the foreseeable future

• Like 2

No one can start him next week, so he'll definitely put up over 100 yards and a TD. This guy is going to be a migraine level headache all year because he still has a high ceiling, but his floor is as low as it gets. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

No one can start him next week, so he'll definitely put up over 100 yards and a TD. This guy is going to be a migraine level headache all year because he still has a high ceiling, but his floor is as low as it gets. 

It’s funny. I thought his first week was his floor. 

I’ve learned his floor is literally 1. Twice....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2

Gase is a moron.

The only reason why they were 3-0 is because they played terrible teams and their defense has played well above expectations. Drake carried the Dolphins last year for the last half of the season and now Gase seems to be forgetting that the only success he has had as a head coach is when his offenses went though one workhorse running back. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, munde53 said:

Gase is a moron.

The only reason why they were 3-0 is because they played terrible teams and their defense has played well above expectations. Drake carried the Dolphins last year for the last half of the season and now Gase seems to be forgetting that the only success he has had as a head coach is when his offenses went though one workhorse running back. 

Exactly, I don't think he realizes the kind of talent he has at running back. He's such a idiot. 

24 minutes ago, thecomebackkid907 said:

Exactly, I don't think he realizes the kind of talent he has at running back. He's such a idiot. 

Even if Drake isn't as good as some of us think, even if he's just an average NFL running back, how do you only give your starting RB 3 carries? Seriously, how?!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ajs723 said:

Even if Drake isn't as good as some of us think, even if he's just an average NFL running back, how do you only give your starting RB 3 carries? Seriously, how?!

Exactly. I think the first or second play of the game for Miami was a handoff to Drake and he gained about 5 yards. I was getting excited, I thought we were in for a repeat of last year's Week 14. Turns out that run was pretty much his highlight of the game, except for a late catch.

You'd think against a team like NE you'd want to run the ball and control the time of possession. Especially when you've got two playmaking RBs. But what do I know, I'm not a coach in the NFL...

• Sad 1

He's not an average running back.

But Miami's offense is below average. I didn't watch the last 2 games, but the statistics tell you everything you need to know:

- Converted only 5/19 times on 3rd down.

- A total of 24 first downs. Teams have that many in just one game.

- Played fewer than 50 snaps in both games.

- Barely 20 minutes of possession in either game.

- 19 penalties. That's pathetic.

I'd like to think this won't continue, because this is about as bad as an NFL offense can play over 2 weeks.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

He's not an average running back.

But Miami's offense is below average. I didn't watch the last 2 games, but the statistics tell you everything you need to know:

- Converted only 5/19 times on 3rd down.

- A total of 24 first downs. Teams have that many in just one game.

- Played fewer than 50 snaps in both games.

- Barely 20 minutes of possession in either game.

- 19 penalties. That's pathetic.

I'd like to think this won't continue, because this is about as bad as an NFL offense can play over 2 weeks.

Which is why Gase not at least attempting to ride, or even play, Drake is comical. Last year when Drake was the workhorse for the Dolphins for the last five weeks of the year they averaged 68.8 plays per game with arguably a worse QB under center and a worse defense. 

There has to be something going on behind the scenes that hasn't leaked involving Drake. With how Gase clashed with Ajayi last year resulting in his trade I would not be surprised if Drake and Gase are currently clashing in some way. There is just no other way to explain why Gore is getting as many touches as he is compared to Drake. If Drake had been given a decent workload and fell on his face it would make sense that he is losing snaps to other running backs...but that isn't the case. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, munde53 said:

Which is why Gase not at least attempting to ride, or even play, Drake is comical. Last year when Drake was the workhorse for the Dolphins for the last five weeks of the year they averaged 68.8 plays per game with arguably a worse QB under center and a worse defense. 

There has to be something going on behind the scenes that hasn't leaked involving Drake. With how Gase clashed with Ajayi last year resulting in his trade I would not be surprised if Drake and Gase are currently clashing in some way. There is just no other way to explain why Gore is getting as many touches as he is compared to Drake. If Drake had been given a decent workload and fell on his face it would make sense that he is losing snaps to other running backs...but that isn't the case. 

It's for sure one of the weirdest things I can remember seeing on an NFL team. He had 25 carries for over 100 yards the first two weeks. Then, he gets 8 carries the next two weeks combined. That's the same number of carries as Wayne Gallman. He's been completely shut out of the offense. It feels like the coaching staff is trying to send him a message, or just flat out doesn't trust him to touch the ball for some reason. It's baffling. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

Give him 2 more weeks?

yea I mean unless you need the spot to get someone to play for a buy/injury I would plant him on the bench for a few games and see what happens.

"I’ve got to do a better job of making sure we’re giving the backs more touches and just be more consistent. I’ve got some ideas on what we’re going to do."

Seems like a good quote from Gase, on the surface. However, I'm fairly certain that he, in fact, has no idea what he's doing, or what he's going to do. 

Well on the bright side I only have him in 1 league...He won me championships last year but even then it was frustrating watching how Gase split him with the clearly inferior Damien Williams until he got hurt. I didn't expect Frank Gore to be as good as he has been but figured it wouldn't even matter with Gase. This guy will be firmly parked on my bench for the foreseeable future. Hopefully with the Dolphins finally losing (and getting destroyed by a divisional opponent) they'll start to question the way they've been doing things. 

Edited by Jaw1

8 hours ago, ajs723 said:

"I’ve got to do a better job of making sure we’re giving the backs more touches and just be more consistent. I’ve got some ideas on what we’re going to do."

Seems like a good quote from Gase, on the surface. However, I'm fairly certain that he, in fact, has no idea what he's doing, or what he's going to do. 

Yea no s--- sherlok. You're down 38-0 and you have Frank Gore in there running the ball?

Get a life Gase.

Still a hold. I think it took an embarrassing loss (ie. yesterday) for MIA to understand that they need to get the ball to their best players. Better days ahead. 

8 hours ago, ajs723 said:

So we need to buy shares of Gore wherever possible?

Just now, nromn said:

So we need to buy shares of Gore wherever possible?

I just refuse to believe this. Please, someone else tell me I'm not crazy. Frank Gore?? EWWWW!!!

30 minutes ago, DillyDilly said:

I just refuse to believe this. Please, someone else tell me I'm not crazy. Frank Gore?? EWWWW!!!

Sad part is I was only half joking.....?

I'm here to eat crow.

I thought Gase had learned something with how last year ended and really incorporate him into the offense.

Miami had several opportunities on offense before New England had gone up by 28 points and they didn't even think about Kenyan Drake. Drake is a really good receiver out of the backfield and gase won't use him.

Drake is a good pass blocker and gase won't hardly leave him in long enough to show it.

Drake showed excellent vision and lateral quickness, elite burst through the hole. Everything that you look for in a complete back Drake exhibited.

Cut to this year and Gase seems to want to win with Tannehill and trick plays with Jakeem Grant and Albert Wilson with long deep bombs to Kenny Stills.

It worked for a couple early season games but I don't think gimmick plays like that help sustain long term success. That's why they got destroyed by NE, gase trying to be too cute.

Terrible situation to be in. Drake has the ability to be a top 10 RB but at this rate he won't even sniff top 30. That is a huge dropoff and a major letdown given his adp.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1