DerrickHenrysCleats

Kenyan Drake 2018 Outlook

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I'm here to eat crow.

I thought Gase had learned something with how last year ended and really incorporate him into the offense.

Miami had several opportunities on offense before New England had gone up by 28 points and they didn't even think about Kenyan Drake. Drake is a really good receiver out of the backfield and gase won't use him.

Drake is a good pass blocker and gase won't hardly leave him in long enough to show it.

Drake showed excellent vision and lateral quickness, elite burst through the hole. Everything that you look for in a complete back Drake exhibited.

Cut to this year and Gase seems to want to win with Tannehill and trick plays with Jakeem Grant and Albert Wilson with long deep bombs to Kenny Stills.

It worked for a couple early season games but I don't think gimmick plays like that help sustain long term success. That's why they got destroyed by NE, gase trying to be too cute.

Terrible situation to be in. Drake has the ability to be a top 10 RB but at this rate he won't even sniff top 30. That is a huge dropoff and a major letdown given his adp.

Couldn't agree more with everything above.

As a Fins fan and a Drake owner in multiple leagues I'm hurting.

4 touches.... 4!!!!

I don't even....

Gase is worse than Philban for RB usage and I never thought that possible.

• Haha 1

Gase thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room because he road Peyton’s coattails to a HC gig.  He’s a fraud and a buffoon and hopefully his arrogant clown a** gets fired before week 16 when the Dolphins are 4-10.

22 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I'm here to eat crow.

I thought Gase had learned something with how last year ended and really incorporate him into the offense.

Miami had several opportunities on offense before New England had gone up by 28 points and they didn't even think about Kenyan Drake. Drake is a really good receiver out of the backfield and gase won't use him.

Drake is a good pass blocker and gase won't hardly leave him in long enough to show it.

Drake showed excellent vision and lateral quickness, elite burst through the hole. Everything that you look for in a complete back Drake exhibited.

Cut to this year and Gase seems to want to win with Tannehill and trick plays with Jakeem Grant and Albert Wilson with long deep bombs to Kenny Stills.

It worked for a couple early season games but I don't think gimmick plays like that help sustain long term success. That's why they got destroyed by NE, gase trying to be too cute.

Terrible situation to be in. Drake has the ability to be a top 10 RB but at this rate he won't even sniff top 30. That is a huge dropoff and a major letdown given his adp.

The thing is, you can run a creative offense that has lots of gimmicky wrinkles, and still give your RB some carries. KC,  Chicago, and Philadelphia are all doing something similar. None of those teams are giving their RB 3 or 4 carries per game.

I honestly expect Drake to get a good workload next week. Sadly, no one in their right mind could start him. 

On 9/26/2018 at 10:38 AM, Zak0221 said:

He will have more rushing yards this week on a single carry than last week.

smh :(

My biggest concern with Drake was Gase and that is coming true. This usage is ridiculous, they have to get Drake more involved, he’s not even getting any catches which I thought was a lock. What a waste of talent.

18 hours ago, billydough said:

From what I saw, Drake was on the field plenty. He just wasn’t being used. Like at all. 

I actually heard the announcer saying something about how this Dolphins offense is modeled after the Chiefs...I’m thinking other than Albert Wilson being on the team I don’t see the similarities 

this was earlier in the game (first half sometime) but still. 

I like Drake but his a** is firmly planted on my bench for the foreseeable future

Yep he was on the field and wouldnt even get carries. When Gore was on the field they would use him.

It's like Drake is a decoy.

18 hours ago, ajs723 said:

No one can start him next week, so he'll definitely put up over 100 yards and a TD. This guy is going to be a migraine level headache all year because he still has a high ceiling, but his floor is as low as it gets. 

Yeah I said that before this week and look how that turned out,

Of course he will have a big game eventually, I dont care if he has 250 yards and 2 TD's. I will sell Monday morning.

I thought talented players find a way to play and put up numbers?

Let's stop making excuses for Drake.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

18 hours ago, King Gonzo said:

so who watches these games? Is this guy just never on the field or something? This guy was dominant down the stretch last year and now hes basically irrelevant.

Poor usage very average run blocking o line and in an offense that only puts up points with trick plays. Would love to rage drop him but I guess he will just hold space on my bench.

Gore will never get hurt so it's going to be a long ride

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

As a Fins fan and a Drake owner in multiple leagues I'm hurting.

4 touches.... 4!!!!

I don't even....

Gase is worse than Philban for RB usage and I never thought that possible.

regis philbin mets GIF

4 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

I thought talented players find a way to play and put up numbers?

Let's stop making excuses for Drake.

How's that straw man you're building coming along?

He's played on 60% or more of offensive plays going into week 4 (not sure on week 4 snap count). He's playing but for some reason Gase isn't giving him touches. His production isn't indicative of his talent it is a representation of his teams coaching/play calling.

• Like 1

Maybe we can all hope that Gase convinces them to trade Drake to a real team? I'd like to see him on INDY where Luck will actually target the RBs.

At least with J Howard, I can see why the team isn't using him. He's a slow bruising back that doesn't seem to fit with what the coach wants.

Drake on the other hand...I dunno - dude is super explosive! No idea why they wouldn't play to his strengths.

6 minutes ago, FooserX said:

At least with J Howard, I can see why the team isn't using him. He's a slow bruising back that doesn't seem to fit with what the coach wants.

Drake on the other hand...I dunno - dude is super explosive! No idea why they wouldn't play to his strengths.

Last year Drake would get 15-20+ touches a game and he did great with those touches.  This year he gets a measly 4 touches. 

Gase you are an idiot.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, affliction said:

Poor usage very average run blocking o line and in an offense that only puts up points with trick plays. Would love to rage drop him but I guess he will just hold space on my bench.

Gore will never get hurt so it's going to be a long ride

I'm with you. I want to rage drop too but don't want to overreact. He'll sit on my bench, since there's nothing else on the wire.

This guy absolutely carved up the Patriots last year so obviously you don't use him in the rematch....such a brilliant mind.

I'm sure Gase will get questioned about it and how much you want to bet he says something along the lines of "we have to get Kenyan more touches going forward. He's a play maker and blah blah blah".

This will translate into a whopping 8 touches for Drake.

1 hour ago, munde53 said:

How's that straw man you're building coming along?

He's played on 60% or more of offensive plays going into week 4 (not sure on week 4 snap count). He's playing but for some reason Gase isn't giving him touches. His production isn't indicative of his talent it is a representation of his teams coaching/play calling.

Drake apologist.

We get it.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Drake apologist.

We get it.

It's hard to make any sort of an argument for Drake right now, in terms of what he's done on the field. It's also really hard to make any sort of an argument against him though. 

22 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Drake apologist.

We get it.

Great point, you're really bringing a lot to the conversation.

No RB in the NFL can be fantasy relevant while consistently getting 7 or less touches per game. It isn't about making excuses about Drake's play it's about simply looking at facts and questionable offensive play calling. Drake's talent is obviously there but for some reason Gase isn't using him like he did at the end of last season. Gase is the same guy who split RB carries between Matt Forte and Jeremy Langford. 

As pointed out above, you can't really make an argument for or against Drake right now.

• Like 1

Yes I agree, Gase is an idiot, but alot of the blame falls on Tannenhill. This guy thinks he's the 2nd coming of Dan Marino, and absolutely REFUSES to check down.