DerrickHenrysCleats

Kenyan Drake 2018 Outlook

20 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

Nothing wrong with what you said about Gase.  But the blitz numbers are shocking and relevant.

As with every stat, need some context.   It’s one thing to whiff on a DB blitzing and another entirely to try and pickup a DE or charging LB on a blown assignment.  

If u get a chance to drop a link to the source material-  much appreciated.    I’ll check it out.  

3 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Drake does damage in the passing game... to his own team. 100th in catch rate, 3rd at his position in drops, horrible at blitz pick up. He doesn’t get carries because Gore (and now Ballage) outproduces him and he doesn’t get more receiving work because he is a liability. It’s quite simple really, Drake just isn’t a very good real life football player.

Incorrect.   He’s debateably done more with less opportunity than any player in the league.   And the stats prove it.    Outscored Gore by a wide margin despite fewer chances.  

1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

Incorrect.   He’s debateably done more with less opportunity than any player in the league.   And the stats prove it.    Outscored Gore by a wide margin despite fewer chances.  

Drake has been utilized in a manner that allows him to do what he does best (ball in space) while covering for his flaws (between the tackles running/blocking/hands). His utilization and efficiency is actually a great example of putting a player in a position to succeed by letting them play to their strengths. Have you ever considered that maybe his per touch results and efficiency are because of his role, not despite it?

Edited by MJJ28

4 hours ago, MJJ28 said:

Drake has been utilized in a manner that allows him to do what he does best (ball in space) while covering for his flaws (between the tackles running/blocking/hands). His utilization and efficiency is actually a great example of putting a player in a position to succeed by letting them play to their strengths. Have you ever considered that maybe his per touch results and efficiency are because of his role, not despite it?

That would hold more merit if he didn’t have the same yards per touch last season.   In his 5 games as the starter in 2017 he averaged over 20 touches and 5 yards per touch.   The argument that he’s only productive in a limited role just isn’t true.  

It’s very simple:  give the 210 lb stud with 4.45 speed and sticky hands the ball.   A lot.    He will lose yards sometimes, but also break games open.   

Or...even give it to Ballage.  Similar gamebreaking abilities.   To roll out old man Gore for 3-4 yards a pop over and over while the offense is stuck in the mud is mindnumbing.   

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, MJJ28 said:

Tell me how Drake has been put in a position to succeed if he can’t pass protect and can’t catch, as the numbers you provided earlier indicate?

If anything this proves Gase is an idiot for putting Drake in a position to give up sacks, drop passes, and lose games. 

If this is true then we can both agree Gase is an idiot, except you think he’s a good coach, so....

Edited by billydough

1 hour ago, billydough said:

Tell me how Drake has been put in a position to succeed if he can’t pass protect and can’t catch, as the numbers you provided earlier indicate?

If anything this proves Gase is an idiot for putting Drake in a position to give up sacks, drop passes, and lose games. 

If this is true then we can both agree Gase is an idiot, except you think he’s a good coach, so....

I don’t think Gase is a good coach, I just don’t think he is as bad as people here want to believe.

What I do think is that Drake isn’t all that skilled of a football player. He runs fast and stuff but that only gets you so far. Drake is actually a worse athlete than Ballage, too, so he’s gonna have to show some actual skills if he doesn’t want to get passed up on the depth chart again.

Drake hasn’t been able to beat out Lacy, Yeldon, Henry, Ajayi, Gore, and looking like Ballage now, too. None of these guys are special talents, so what gives? You are kidding yourself if you think Gase has some kind of personal vendetta against Drake, who he hand selected in the draft as the 3rd RB off the board.

Drake is like the Martavis Bryant of RBs without a weed addiction, runs fast and makes some big plays but still isn’t very good at football.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Like 1

No joke, part of my dream last night was that Drake went off for 4/240/2 in the first quarter of the game.

I don’t own Drake, and neither does my opponent. I don’t feel like this is a constructive post by any means, and I don’t think this will remotely be what happens, but it was too weird not to share.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Why are people arguing about Kenyan Drake in week 16? Its not like any fantasy owners who relied on him all year are even still playing.... their seasons have been over for a while

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Why are people arguing about Kenyan Drake in week 16? Its not like any fantasy owners who relied on him all year are even still playing.... their seasons have been over for a while

Ton of different league sizes and formats (larger leagues or lineups) plus there are probably a decent number of owners who didn't have to rely on him all year but may potentially have to thanks to injuries and such. Additionally a lot of people simply enjoy discussing players, trying to assess and learn from what went wrong as well as talking about next year. Why are you coming to a Kenyan Drake thread in week 16 to talk about how it is worthless to talk about Kenyan Drake in week 16?

Edited by Jaw1
  • Like 1

If Drake was to be traded in the off-season, which teams do you think would be a good fit for him? 

With Atlanta's RB situation up in the air for 2019, drake might be a nice addition to their offense. I feel like the Bills might be looking for an RB of the future as well, although their offense isn't as enticing. 

Edited by Gfycat
Grammar

29 minutes ago, Gfycat said:

If Drake was to be traded in the off-season, which teams do you think would be a good fit for him? 

With Atlanta's RB situation up in the air for 2019, drake might be a nice addition to their offense. I feel like the Bills might be looking for an RB of the future as well, although their offense isn't as enticing. 

Didnt Atlanta just sign a RB?

KC - Lost Hunt,

Bears - Howard isnt a good fit

Ravens - Just a guess

Buf - Not much else there

Hou? - DO they really want another back from Miami?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MJJ28 said:

I don’t think Gase is a good coach, I just don’t think he is as bad as people here want to believe.

What I do think is that Drake isn’t all that skilled of a football player. He runs fast and stuff but that only gets you so far. Drake is actually a worse athlete than Ballage, too, so he’s gonna have to show some actual skills if he doesn’t want to get passed up on the depth chart again.

Drake hasn’t been able to beat out Lacy, Yeldon, Henry, Ajayi, Gore, and looking like Ballage now, too. None of these guys are special talents, so what gives? You are kidding yourself if you think Gase has some kind of personal vendetta against Drake, who he hand selected in the draft as the 3rd RB off the board.

Drake is like the Martavis Bryant of RBs without a weed addiction, runs fast and makes some big plays but still isn’t very good at football.

While this is somewhat fair, I think it should be brought up how strongly he closed out last year. He actually started developing into a well rounded 3 down back it seemed. Or at least well enough to be given a solid shot to do so at the beginning of this year. My biggest problem is that Gase signed a 33 year old back that appeared to halt some legitimate progress a younger back was having with a potential bright future ahead. Who knows though because it was only the last few games of last year that I’m going off of. This is probably moot as something that could every he proven unless he went to another team or Gase gets fired. They drafted Ballage and already fed him over Drake when Gore went down. So he won’t ever be more than a bit player in his current situation. It remains to be seen whether this truly is the best way to utilize him.

52 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Didnt Atlanta just sign a RB?

KC - Lost Hunt,

Bears - Howard isnt a good fit

Ravens - Just a guess

Buf - Not much else there

Hou? - DO they really want another back from Miami?

Yeah good point about Atlanta, I forgot about that. 

The Ravens RB situation is already pretty messy, and it might get worse over the summer. Houston could make a bid if they part ways with miller or freeman, but I don't see that happening honestly. 

I think the best-case scenario for Drake owners next year would be him landing on a team like KC where he can push for the starting job, ad even if he doesn't win the starting job, he still has a steady 10-12 touches a game with a much better offense

18 minutes ago, Gfycat said:

Yeah good point about Atlanta, I forgot about that. 

The Ravens RB situation is already pretty messy, and it might get worse over the summer. Houston could make a bid if they part ways with miller or freeman, but I don't see that happening honestly. 

I think the best-case scenario for Drake owners next year would be him landing on a team like KC where he can push for the starting job, ad even if he doesn't win the starting job, he still has a steady 10-12 touches a game with a much better offense

Yeah ATL made Freeman one of the highest RBs in the league last year although his knee and concussion history has been worrisome and Coleman is a FA this summer (Ito Smith is alright as a backup but I'd be surprised if they didn't bring in another body since he isn't really enough if Freeman goes down). The Ravens situation is very up in the air although, I think Dixon is the only RB that isn't some type of FA this summer so a lot of directions they can go. I don't think Drake is the type of back they'd want to pair with Jackson though, a north/south type that can bang between the tackles is a more natural fit. I'm not sure how available either are but Jordan Howard or Royce Freeman seem like great fits. 

I'm not certain if Bucs have completely given up on Ronald Jones yet (he was supposed to fill this role) but Barber is a bit of a JAG and Drake is a young guy who could atleast give them a spark and some big play potential out of the backfield and potentially much more. 

Edited by Jaw1