DerrickHenrysCleats

Kenyan Drake 2018 Season Outlook

13 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I cant see any reason why Drake will not be Miami's RB for 2018.

Short of a splashy trade or a mid round Hunt type tearing it up....you are correct.   Lot of offseason to go though.  

Assuming status quo-   Where do u start looking for Drake in 2018 fantasy drafts?

31 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Short of a splashy trade or a mid round Hunt type tearing it up....you are correct.   Lot of offseason to go though.  

Assuming status quo-   Where do u start looking for Drake in 2018 fantasy drafts?

My way too early guess is that he has a second round adp.  I'm expecting 9 or 10 rbs to go in the first 12 picks. 

Just now, 96mnc said:

My way too early guess is that he has a second round adp.  I'm expecting 9 or 10 rbs to go in the first 12 picks. 

Woahhh......    too steep for me.    But I see the appeal.    He was really good at times. 

Good to see ya around again buddy.    Your chargers really came through-  next season watch out.  AFC West champs?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Woahhh......    too steep for me.    But I see the appeal.    He was really good at times. 

Good to see ya around again buddy.    Your chargers really came through-  next season watch out.  AFC West champs?

Sup Pres?

I'll start a Chargers thread. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

I might consider him in the late 2nd.  He came on strong at the end of the year and he'll certainly get the volume.  I haven't seen anything to suggest the way he played was an aberration 

If he’s assured the job, I’d have no problem drafting him as my RB2.

If he keeps the job, I'm keeping him on the roster. (We get 3 spots) 

It's just so hard to find dependable RB production that has massive upside. At times last season he looked downright amazing. As he gets more exp I feel he will get even better at hitting the hole/knowing when to go for the home run etc. 

When you look at the landscape as a whole and then consider scarcity, I see Drake going in the top 30 picks for sure. 

We draft two days before the first game on Thur night, If he has a solid preseason, I could see him cracking the top 20-25. 

I loved drake coming out of college. And when Williams got hurt Drake was able to show out and prove he had game ready for NFL. He's got me worried though because of Adam Gase. 

Gase hasn't shown me that he trusts Drake to be an every down back. Drake could run circles around damien Williams, but Gase continued to give Williams meaningful work even though he was largely ineffective with it. 

Williams is not an NFL talent and his contract is up so I assume he's out of football, but I worry Gase going to draft a RB fairly high and severely cut INTO Drakes potential. 

Loss of Ajayi and Williams mean someone's coming. My bet is there are 2 guys picked up. 1 in free agency and 1 in first 4 rounds of NFL Draft. If that happens I prepare for Drake to be a 15 touch per game MAX player and those guys are just as good a chance at 6 points as they are 15. I'd probably pass if that situation unfolded and his ADP was top 45.

Thinks he breaks out big time next year .. About the only good thing that happened to the fins this year is they found a gem at RB. Drake does it all .. and has that extra gear and burst that so few backs posses. He’s the prefect RB2 after all the big names go off the board. I’d pick him early 2nd round for sure. 

2 hours ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

Thinks he breaks out big time next year .. About the only good thing that happened to the fins this year is they found a gem at RB. Drake does it all .. and has that extra gear and burst that so few backs posses. He’s the prefect RB2 after all the big names go off the board. I’d pick him early 2nd round for sure. 

I reluctantly agree with this - assuming everything stays the same 7 months from now. I find it hard to believe the Fins don't take another RB in the draft, FA or wherever and screw it all up. It's what MIA does. Good RBs go there to die, and Gase doesn't seem terribly fond of Drake.

11 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

I reluctantly agree with this - assuming everything stays the same 7 months from now. I find it hard to believe the Fins don't take another RB in the draft, FA or wherever and screw it all up. It's what MIA does. Good RBs go there to die, and Gase doesn't seem terribly fond of Drake.

I think they'll take a bigger back as a complement in some way.

But I don't agree with the assertion that Gase doesn't like Drake.  He moved on from Ajayi in part because of Drake.  They drafted him in the 3rd round.   He performed behind a crappy oline last year making something out of nothing consistently.  Base prefers a heavy run scheme.  If they improve the oline (which they will) it's a sneaky good rb situation.

3 hours ago, 96mnc said:

...I don't agree with the assertion that Gase doesn't like Drake.  He moved on from Ajayi in part because of Drake.  They drafted him in the 3rd round...

If the great Damien Williams hadn't dislocated his shoulder Gase was going to continue shoe-horning him into the lineup and Drake would never have had the finish he had. I'm sure you remember how pissed everyone was in his thread?

• Like 2

2nd or 3rd round hype seems ridiculous (and I say that as someone who has him locked up in dynasty).  Maybe this is just me trying to overcompensate for being a homer, but based on how they used him when they had Williams, I just don't see Miami as trusting in him as a significant majority running back.  Maybe they sign Hyde or draft someone else, but I just can't see him getting more than 50-60% of the work there, even though he has the talent to.  I'd love to be wrong, and this is more gut feeling than anything, but I don't confidently see him as being a top 15 RB next year, and he has to be in order to justify the top 30 draft pick hype.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, jbshaw said:

2nd or 3rd round hype seems ridiculous (and I say that as someone who has him locked up in dynasty).  Maybe this is just me trying to overcompensate for being a homer, but based on how they used him when they had Williams, I just don't see Miami as trusting in him as a significant majority running back.  Maybe they sign Hyde or draft someone else, but I just can't see him getting more than 50-60% of the work there, even though he has the talent to.  I'd love to be wrong, and this is more gut feeling than anything, but I don't confidently see him as being a top 15 RB next year, and he has to be in order to justify the top 30 draft pick hype.

2nd or 3rd round i will be passing on him

44 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

If the great Damien Williams hadn't dislocated his shoulder Gase was going to continue shoe-horning him into the lineup and Drake would never have had the finish he had. I'm sure you remember how pissed everyone was in his thread?

I'm not around during the season, ha.

Yes,  Drake likely will have a partner back and not be a bellcow.  And Williams is a nice 3rd down receiving weapon.  But I think he earned the vast majority of early down work with his play and drake is a good pass catcher.  

Without knowing who else they bring in tough to make an exact prediction but i could see 15 carries, 5 targets per game for him. 

Arrogant Adam Gase won't allow anyone to be the star as his system is the star. Only by default did Drake get the usage towards the end.

Add probably the worst coordinator in Loggains to the mix I don't have high hopes. Drake should be the lead guy but capped by coaching incompetence. Similar to what happened with Ajayi. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 96mnc said:

I'm not around during the season, ha.

Yes,  Drake likely will have a partner back and not be a bellcow.  And Williams is a nice 3rd down receiving weapon.  But I think he earned the vast majority of early down work with his play and drake is a good pass catcher.  

Without knowing who else they bring in tough to make an exact prediction but i could see 15 carries, 5 targets per game for him. 

Williams isnt a better 3rd down back than Drake. 

Drake catches better and even pass protects well.

Thats why Gase trotting out williams over drake was so perplexing. They lost every game williams started and beat the patriots witg Drake starting.

Sometimes i have no idea what some of these coaches are thinking.

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Thats why Gase trotting out williams over drake was so perplexing. They lost every game williams started and beat the patriots witg Drake starting.

Without going into pass blocking and blitz pickup...

Williams is Drake's equal if not better as a pass catcher.  Lower drop rate,  higher catch rate, higher ypr the last two years combined.  And Miami uses Williams on relatively deep pass routes down the field as well. 

Using him as an early down guy?  No.  But as a 3rd down back he's a quality player.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

They only won twice after trading Ajayi. That was the big mistake. 

Edited by joshua18

2 hours ago, joshua18 said:

They only won twice after trading Ajayi. That was the big mistake. 

Just not true...Drake was the better Dolphin rb, running & catching...blame Gase, when Drake gets his touches they can beat the Patriots.

2 hours ago, psygolf said:

Just not true...Drake was the better Dolphin rb, running & catching...blame Gase, when Drake gets his touches they can beat the Patriots.

No. Ajayi helped MIA control the clock. The other RBs haven't. Big reason Gase is 13-5 with Ajayi as starter and 3-11 without him. 

Drake is a timeshare RB who with the exception of one flukey MNF performance doesn't make MIA a threat to above .500 teams. 

22 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

No. Ajayi helped MIA control the clock. The other RBs haven't. Big reason Gase is 13-5 with Ajayi as starter and 3-11 without him. 

Drake is a timeshare RB who with the exception of one flukey MNF performance doesn't make MIA a threat to above .500 teams. 

I cannot ignore a fine 200 yard Drake performance on 30 touches in a WIN over the SB Patriots, then use 2016 stats to help the ineffectiveness of Ajayi last season as a Dolphin.

2017 yards per carry/yards per catch is what sent Ajayi packing...you also can't ignore that Miami ppg went up @ 8 ppg as soon as Ajayi was dispatched B) 

2 hours ago, psygolf said:

I cannot ignore a fine 200 yard Drake performance on 30 touches in a WIN over the SB Patriots, then use 2016 stats to help the ineffectiveness of Ajayi last season as a Dolphin.

2017 yards per carry/yards per catch is what sent Ajayi packing...you also can't ignore that Miami ppg went up @ 8 ppg as soon as Ajayi was dispatched B) 

They won twice in 9 games after trading Ajayi. Overrating them because one of them was on MNF vs NE is exactly how bad teams stay bad. 

• Like 1