DerrickHenrysCleats

Kenyan Drake 2018 Season Outlook

31 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

They won twice in 9 games after trading Ajayi. Overrating them because one of them was on MNF vs NE is exactly how bad teams stay bad. 

Their offense ppg went up by 50% after Ajayi left...keep spinning that statistical fact however & as long as you like, the board will keep laughing at it.

5 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Their offense ppg went up by 50% after Ajayi left...keep spinning that statistical fact however & as long as you like, the board will keep laughing at it.

And I will keep laughing as MIA keeps losing and Gase gets fired this time a year from now. 

13 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

And I will keep laughing as MIA keeps losing and Gase gets fired this time a year from now. 

#sad

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

They won twice in 9 games after trading Ajayi. Overrating them because one of them was on MNF vs NE is exactly how bad teams stay bad. 

Gase started damien williams in 3 straight games after they traded ajayi. The games they won were with drake as the starter after williams got hurt.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Gase started damien williams in 3 straight games after they traded ajayi. The games they won were with drake as the starter after williams got hurt.

Don't waste your time DHC

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

The heir to Ajayi was yet to be decided at that point.  It became clear quickly which one has 3 down potential.    Unless there’s a splashy FA or draft pick, there’s no reason Drake can’t threaten Rb1 territory.    

• Like 1

18 hours ago, psygolf said:

Don't waste your time DHC

Whats the matter Prez, you don’t see the cause and effect?

2 hours ago, petekrum said:

Whats the matter Prez, you don’t see the cause and effect?

I wish Juice for Prez was on this board to kick a few around.

12 hours ago, psygolf said:

I wish Juice for Prez was on this board to kick a few around.

Hed have a field day.

I'm bullish on this. He's a home run hitter with house call speed, that's ever looking for the crease to take it all the way. 

Easy money here that isn't getting nearly enough hype in REALLY EARLY 2018 PPR lists. 

This 2017 trade deadline asset isn't going anywhere, Gase is a savage competitor as witnessed by his on field antics and play calling with the lead. 

Barring injury or draft day competition being acquired, I'll be doling out one of three keeper spots for this kid. He's young, fast, and explosive, lists be dammed, 

ALL IN! 

• Like 1

Truly eye-popping stats, courtesy of PFF:

Miami not only finished with the lowest yards-before-contact number in 2017, but the Dolphins also managed to post the lowest number in the PFF era. The offensive line generated essentially no space for their running backs, which makes Kenyan Drake’s performance down the stretch that much more impressive. Drake finished the season with the league’s highest yards after contact per attempt with a massive 4.29 yards. In fact, that’s the highest total in the PFF era, and Drake is the only back to top 4.00 yards after contact per attempt with at least 25 percent of his team’s carries. Drake is likely to open the year as the Dolphins’ lead back, and he’s one of the best bets to break out at the running back position in 2018.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Truly eye-popping stats, courtesy of PFF:

Miami not only finished with the lowest yards-before-contact number in 2017, but the Dolphins also managed to post the lowest number in the PFF era. The offensive line generated essentially no space for their running backs, which makes Kenyan Drake’s performance down the stretch that much more impressive. Drake finished the season with the league’s highest yards after contact per attempt with a massive 4.29 yards. In fact, that’s the highest total in the PFF era, and Drake is the only back to top 4.00 yards after contact per attempt with at least 25 percent of his team’s carries. Drake is likely to open the year as the Dolphins’ lead back, and he’s one of the best bets to break out at the running back position in 2018.

Rewatch the highlights of the NE at Miami game.   It pretty much sums it up.   He was dead to rights in the backfield most of the game and just made stuff happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/6/2018 at 2:18 PM, The Gridiron Assassin said:

I'm bullish on this. He's a home run hitter with house call speed, that's ever looking for the crease to take it all the way. 

Easy money here that isn't getting nearly enough hype in REALLY EARLY 2018 PPR lists. 

This 2017 trade deadline asset isn't going anywhere, Gase is a savage competitor as witnessed by his on field antics and play calling with the lead. 

Barring injury or draft day competition being acquired, I'll be doling out one of three keeper spots for this kid. He's young, fast, and explosive, lists be dammed, 

ALL IN! 

He was going 2nd rd in industry drafts last week. He's not going to be cheap to draft for in 2018. 

11 hours ago, joshua18 said:

He was going 2nd rd in industry drafts last week. He's not going to be cheap to draft for in 2018. 

Kenyan Drake in the second this year makes more sense than Ajayi in the second last year.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

Kenyan Drake in the second this year makes more sense than Ajayi in the second last year.

Can I ask how? I regrettably made this very decision last year and it sunk my team.  I like Drake but I want assurances as to why I won't get Ajayi 2.0

5 minutes ago, GreatestShowonTurf said:

Can I ask how? I regrettably made this very decision last year and it sunk my team.  I like Drake but I want assurances as to why I won't get Ajayi 2.0

I wouldn't agree with his statement until after April but we've seen Drake produce and be used in the pass game and also produce with atrocious blocking 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

I wouldn't agree with his statement until after April but we've seen Drake produce and be used in the pass game and also produce with atrocious blocking 

We saw Ajayi produce as well though.  How do we know there won't be a slump?

18 minutes ago, GreatestShowonTurf said:

You won’t get assurances- just read the tea leaves.    

Does Miami draft a rb in the first few rounds?  

Or bring in a CJA(whom Gase tried to sign once already) or a Crowell?    

If neither of those occur, that speaks volumes about their faith in Drake.   

The major malfunction with Ajayi was his attitude.   He did not mesh with the coaching staff and was left home/disciplined multiple times.    Drake has drawn nothing but praise since being elevated- busting 3 long tds in his first 4 games and showing elite potential out of the backfield to boot. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GreatestShowonTurf said:

We saw Ajayi produce as well though.  How do we know there won't be a slump?

Drake's receiving #s were twice that of Ajayi's with half the # of games plus he looks the part catching the ball (running deep and intermediate routes too) ..this is something that Ajayi, according to coach speak, needed to work on and most fantasy goers assumed he'd get the additional work heading into the draft. 

Ajayi

12 games

27/35 151 yards 0 tds

Drake

6 games 

32/48 239 yards 1 td 

Edited by JSA2422

36 minutes ago, GreatestShowonTurf said:

Just look at Ajayi game logs from 16.  735 yds of his rushing yards and 5 tds came in 4 games.  Plus he wasn't involved in the passing game.  Reminded me of Corey Dillion back in his cincy days.  Reason I avoided him at a 2nd round cost.  While 2nd round for Drake seems a bit high for me I do think he has the overall skill set to produce solid numbers week to week.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Christ, Gase is totally gonna bring in CJA isn't he?? Ugh

Yes, i think he will. Gase doesnt seem to like drake 

Drake is a young shady mccoy, ajay is jordan howard with bad knees.

57 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Just look at Ajayi game logs from 16.  735 yds of his rushing yards and 5 tds came in 4 games.  Plus he wasn't involved in the passing game.  Reminded me of Corey Dillion back in his cincy days.  Reason I avoided him at a 2nd round cost.  While 2nd round for Drake seems a bit high for me I do think he has the overall skill set to produce solid numbers week to week.

Bingo.  Ajayi had huge games intertwined with absolute duds.  Drake got better week to week and had a solid receiving floor to rely on each week.  I had Ajayi in 2016, but missed starting him for all but one of his big games, instead watching him underachieve most every week.   He killed me in the semis when i started him against the Jets (who he maimed earlier) and benched Powell, who went off.   The next week in the third place game?  I bench Ajayi, not to be fooled twice, and he destroys Buffalo and gets Rex Ryan fired.     

Drake is no sure thing either though- i want to see what Miami does this offseason before committing to taking him high up.    At first, Damien Williams was to split with Drake, who only got the touches once Damien was hurt.    Gase could just as easily go back to a timeshare if he picks up, say, CJ Anderson, who word is will soon be a free agent, and Gase has the connection with. (EDIT- didnt notice y'all beat me to the CJA connection- you work fast!)

Another plus in Drake's column though could be Landry leaving.  If he does, that opens up lots of high percentage targets, which one would THINK would lock Drake in to a permanent, strong role, but we'll see.........

Edited by BrianM
  • Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:56 AM, GreatestShowonTurf said:

Assurances in fantasy football?

• Like 1