DerrickHenrysCleats

Kenyan Drake 2018 Season Outlook

I think this is a time will tell situation.  Its very easy to assume Gore takes the backseat in this pairing, but I dont think I trust Gase enough to bet on it.    Gore, for his age, is pretty damn durable too.    Hopefully Gore is 2nd string and Drake really gets a 2/3 timeshare here, but who knows what'll actually happen

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

There's no way a 65 year old Gore can start over Drake right? Right?!... Please God say right!

He can and he will. Gore is going to dominate early downs. Gase and the Dolphins do not appear to trust Drake in a full-time role for some reason. They have been trying to find another RB all off-season so far and landed the reliable and durable Gore.

3 minutes ago, BrianM said:

I think this is a time will tell situation.  Its very easy to assume Gore takes the backseat in this pairing, but I dont think I trust Gase enough to bet on it.    Gore, for his age, is pretty damn durable too.    Hopefully Gore is 2nd string and Drake really gets a 2/3 timeshare here, but who knows what'll actually happen

I'm more worried about Gore being used for goal-line situations. 

I'm happy with Drake as my RB3/FLEX in .5 PPR.

I definitely wouldn't have him anymore than a RB2 with high upside- but that was the case in my opinion before Gore anyway. 

4 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Mostly agreed. I just can't comprehend giving playing time to a 35 year old with no burst and rapidly declining skills when you have a young dynamic back. 

• Like 1

Just now, ajs723 said:

Mostly agreed. I just can't comprehend giving playing time to a 35 year old with no burst and rapidly declining skills when you have a young dynamic back. 

It'll be hard to watch if they do just that, especially if Drake balls out again, while Gore plods.    

15 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

This is best case for us Drake owners/fans...at least until the draft

Completely agree.  Drake dynasty or keeper owners have to be thrilled that the MIA main RB acquisition is the 35 year old Frank Gore.  Gore has had a long and borderline HOF career but the wheels fall off for everyone at some point and I don't see him magically improving on 3 straight seasons of sub 4.0 YPC average.  We will see what MIA does at the draft.  

38 minutes ago, devaster said:

He can and he will. Gore is going to dominate early downs. Gase and the Dolphins do not appear to trust Drake in a full-time role for some reason. They have been trying to find another RB all off-season so far and landed the reliable and durable Gore.

I hope this is what my league drafters think so Drake slides down the draft board for a steal price baby!

Drake is a baller he will be the top dog. Frank gore is just for depth and insurance policy so dolphins can address other areas in the draft. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, petekrum said:

Another stupid Dolphins move.

Odds of them drafting a RB too? Pretty high I’d say, would fit right inline with all their other moves. Or maybe they trade for CJ Anderson

Edited by lolcopter

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, ShowStopper said:

Drake is a baller he will be the top dog. Frank gore is just for depth and insurance policy so dolphins can address other areas in the draft. 

I cant imagine the Colts brass sitting with Gore and his agent and they telling him that "you are just the backup/insurance...... ready to sign".

Drake owners/prospective owners just got Derrick Henry'd and are on the first stage of grief.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Drake owners/prospective owners just got Derrick Henry'd and are on the first stage of grief.

Contact DHC for tips on how he started up his support group.

Gore is going to steal snaps from Drake just like he stole snaps from Marlon Mack last season. 

53 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Gore is going to steal snaps from Drake just like he stole snaps from Marlon Mack last season. 

I didn't follow that situation too closely.  Didn't Gore's presence render Mack essentially useless?

12 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

I remember when Gore was considered “injury prone” 

Now he’s a durable veteran ... interesting 

He hasn't missed a game in the last 7 seasons.               

14 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Im pointing out how ridiculous the “injury prone” label is ... thanks 

I'm supporting your point.....you're welcome

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

I remember when Gore was considered “injury prone” 

Now he’s a durable veteran ... interesting 

Wasn't it because of an ACL injury he had early in his career or in college? Jay Ajayi is labeled injury prone as well with everyone questioning his knees and he has been fine in the pros so far. Long-term Ajayi may not be great, but his knees haven't limited him at all in the pros.

12 hours ago, devaster said:

Wasn't it because of an ACL injury he had early in his career or in college? Jay Ajayi is labeled injury prone as well with everyone questioning his knees and he has been fine in the pros so far. Long-term Ajayi may not be great, but his knees haven't limited him at all in the pros.

Like Miles Jack, it's supposed to be degenerative.  Fine for a short period, but it should shorten his career.  

• Like 1

On 3/22/2018 at 5:21 PM, nonstopfan said:

I cant imagine the Colts brass sitting with Gore and his agent and they telling him that "you are just the backup/insurance...... ready to sign".

Huh? I really can not see any way he will get significant run--outside of an injury. Gore is really lucky he got a deal this time of year at all. It is because he wants to retire near home and can bring all of his veteran presents to the locker-room. He's a glorified positional coach at his age.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Huh? I really can not see any way he will get significant run--outside of an injury. Gore is really lucky he got a deal this time of year at all. It is because he wants to retire near home and can bring all of his veteran presents to the locker-room. He's a glorified positional coach at his age.

Glorified positional coaches don't get signed near the start of FA.

On 3/22/2018 at 4:12 PM, devaster said:

If you go into an nfl season right now with gore starting over drake you are gunning for the 1st pick in the 2019 draft for a new miami head coach.

On 3/22/2018 at 6:40 PM, BMcP said:

Contact DHC for tips on how he started up his support group.

Still cant stop talking about me. Funny, i never mention you.

Anywho. Drake and Henry still have value and are still young. Maybe not as high as i was expecting but both will still be good and are still 1 injury away from being full blown starters.

Anybody should be willing to draft these guys if the price is right.