thebrowns

2018 Rookie WR Class

2 minutes ago, hoppychokes said:

Carrington. He roasted Adoree when matched up, but he had to deal with QBs who can't handle passes downfield his whole college career.

He transferred into Utah right? I'm intrigued to see him test out. Maybe he can land somewhere like KC. 

This class may lack the star power at the top, but there are more than a few guys who could end up being solid fantasy contributors.

Not the 11th best. There are 10 players that i would consider before him. I think I'll move him and Washington up two spots. As I've said, if this is about current talent its Ridley all day. But right now, inn a vacuum, i like 1-7 on my list more than Washington and Ridley. 

We've established that i am underling Washington and Ridley. Where else do you have pushback?

11 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Lance zuerlein is a writer for NFL and also a radio guy for Houston sports. I'm a big fan of his. 

The way he talked about ridley really made me rethink what I had thought of him. I recommend reading some of zuerlein stuff on ridley. It'll make you watch that guy really close come draft time to see where he lands. 

Positive or negative? 

If Cobbs Jr slips to the 3rd rd with the Bears sitting on their brains, because they do not have a pick, I'm going to be "trilled"

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, psygolf said:

If Cobbs Jr slips to the 3rd rd with the Bears sitting on their brains, because they do not have a pick, I'm going to be "trilled"

I take it your a fan? Haven’t seen much of him.

9 minutes ago, petekrum said:

I take it your a fan? Haven’t seen much of him.

I like him better than almost all of the ones ranked ahead of him...happy that the wr class is getting a meh-grade, hopefully he doesn't run too fast at his pro-day...B)

12 hours ago, 96mnc said:

Positive or negative? 

Very positive. Basically said if he had real QB throwing him the football he'd probably be the unquestioned #1 in this draft. 

Said he needs to bulk up, but thinks he can be special. 

• Like 1

What do people think of Allen Lazard? I plan a grabbing an RB with my first pick or two and could see him as a later round guy that could pay off. On the right team, he could be Kelvin Benjamin 2.0. 

25 minutes ago, wonderbread said:

What do people think of Allen Lazard? I plan a grabbing an RB with my first pick or two and could see him as a later round guy that could pay off. On the right team, he could be Kelvin Benjamin 2.0. 

I am waiting to see how his 40 yard dash goes.  A good time could move his draft stock up considerably.   For a big wr he adjusts really well to poorly thrown balls.  

2 hours ago, wonderbread said:

Lance Z (I get a lot of info from him) believes he's too slow to be an effective NFL WR and believes the switch to TE would be beneficial for him.

No one stands head and shoulders above anyone else. Combine will help and team will decide a lot. The guy that goes to Baltimore gets scratched off my list. I'll let someone else take him.

• Like 3

I stumbled across J'mon Moore while watching DJ Moore video. Do people have thoughts on him? He looked pretty explosive and had some pretty big games. He also looks like a fairly competent/willing blocker on run plays. I just wonder how he does against stiffer competition. Any Mizzou fans have an inside scoop?

Edited by wonderbread

Biased James Washington dynasty owner here.

I see limited upside due to his size and short area burst, but think he's as safe a bet as any to begin to produce immediately in the NFL.  I could be wrong, but I feel like most WRs struggle with the physicality of the league, and that's the learning curve.  You can be tall and fast and gain separation, but you're gonna get jammed at the line more and have to make more contested catches and take bigger hits.  It's harder to consistently win physical battles with bigger stronger corners, and that (I think) is why WRs take some time before they hit their stride.  Again, could be wrong about that.

Washington won't get pushed around, though.  I think he gets right through that learning curve early if not immediately.  Strength/physicality and contested catch ability are as good as it gets.  So I think his abilities translate right away.  He doesn't have the physical upside as some other guys -- size is what it is.  Also, shorter guys like Tate, ODB, AB listed earlier have elite short area burst, which Washington doesn't have.  But his long speed is very good.  Maybe that's the path to WR1 upside -- break loose at the line and fly past you for some splash plays.  Or, if he gets the ball in space, his tackle breaking could lend to some monster plays and YAC.

It's really hard for me to think of a comp for him.  As others mentioned, his game reminds me of Anquan Boldin, but Boldin's two inches taller.  His strength and hands should lend to a long career as a reliable possession receiver. 

Edited by Lord_Varys

40 minutes ago, wonderbread said:

I stumbled across J'mon Moore while watching DJ Moore video. Do people have thoughts on him? He looked pretty explosive and had some pretty big games. He also looks like a fairly competent/willing blocker on run plays. I just wonder how he does against stiffer competition. Any Mizzou fans have an inside scoop?

He's a late round target for me. I'm Hockley intrigued by him. My initial compilation of notes: 

checks most every box at wide receiver: size, speed, production, strength at point of catch SLEEPER | Anthony Amico ROTOVIZ Jan 31: “J’Mon Moore finished his career at Missouri with back-to-back seasons of at least 1,000 yards and eight TDs. He is on the older side of things, finishing his career at 22.6 years of age, and has no return data to his profile. Moore had one catch for 22 yards in the Senior Bowl.”

On 2/4/2018 at 12:26 AM, hoppychokes said:

Carrington. He roasted Adoree when matched up, but he had to deal with QBs who can't handle passes downfield his whole college career.

What else do you love about Carrington? Did he frustrate you at times this year? Why?

On 2/4/2018 at 11:06 AM, psygolf said:

I like him better than almost all of the ones ranked ahead of him...happy that the wr class is getting a meh-grade, hopefully he doesn't run too fast at his pro-day...B)

I'm a huge fan.

12 minutes ago, thebrowns said:

What else do you love about Carrington? Did he frustrate you at times this year? Why?

I was more so frustrated by Whittinghams seeming hatred of offense. Carrington managed to put up very solid numbers in (Albeit half in three games against awful opponents) in an offense that did him no favors and with a QB carousel impressed me. The team couldn't do anything to make the defense pay for rolling coverage on Carrington and the freshman QB couldn't find him when he was wide open. (https://mobile.twitter.com/JFurKSL/status/919408305042178049?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-2374044933941434500.ampproject.net%2F1518049180919%2Fframe.html)

I think he will be a good day 2 or 3 talent, but would be surprised if he becomes startable in Fantasy first year.

9 minutes ago, hoppychokes said:

I was more so frustrated by Whittinghams seeming hatred of offense. Carrington managed to put up very solid numbers in (Albeit half in three games against awful opponents) in an offense that did him no favors and with a QB carousel impressed me. The team couldn't do anything to make the defense pay for rolling coverage on Carrington and the freshman QB couldn't find him when he was wide open. (https://mobile.twitter.com/JFurKSL/status/919408305042178049?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-2374044933941434500.ampproject.net%2F1518049180919%2Fframe.html)

I think he will be a good day 2 or 3 talent, but would be surprised if he becomes startable in Fantasy first year.

I don't expect WRs to have immediate impact like a rookie RB. Carrington is a pick 70-80 for me. 

45 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

I'm a huge fan.

There's an incredible range in his rankings on the big boards, he could go anywhere in the draft.

2 minutes ago, thebrowns said:

I don't expect WRs to have immediate impact like a rookie RB. Carrington is a pick 70-80 for me. 

I agree with that, I just see a lot of hyperbole thrown out with homer picks so I was being safe lol.

I think because of his off field issues, more teams are going to lean towards day 3. 

On February 4, 2018 at 5:48 AM, petekrum said:

This class may lack the star power at the top, but there are more than a few guys who could end up being solid fantasy contributors.

Sutton is pro ready for what a team will ask out of a guy his size, he could deliver wr2/3 #s out of the gate if he finds himself on a team that isn't allergic to the redzone.

3 hours ago, psygolf said:

Sutton is pro ready for what a team will ask out of a guy his size, he could deliver wr2/3 #s out of the gate if he finds himself on a team that isn't allergic to the redzone.

What landing spots are likely to allow for a rookie to be a WR2-3 out of the gate? 

CHI if they don't sign a FA WR? 

Jets when Anderson is suspended?

IND if Luck is healthy and Moncrief is gone? 

Any others?