thebrowns

2018 Rookie WR Class

16 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

What landing spots are likely to allow for a rookie to be a WR2-3 out of the gate? 

CHI if they don't sign a FA WR? 

Jets when Anderson is suspended?

IND if Luck is healthy and Moncrief is gone? 

Any others?

SF-?

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:25 AM, wonderbread said:

I stumbled across J'mon Moore while watching DJ Moore video. Do people have thoughts on him? Any Mizzou fans have an inside scoop?

You can find him listed anywhere from 6'3"-6'4" and 190-205lbs. Watching him in person he looks more like 190lbs.

Not sure about 2017, but in 2016 he had a 22.5% drop rate (on catchable balls) :yuck: and 3 fumbles (one of which cost them the game vs GA).

In 2017, he was literally shut down in 5 of 13 games; in two other games he only put up 3-61-0 and 3-78-0 (that's 7 of 13 games he posted at or near a dud), and he posted only 3 100yd games (two of which occurred as a result of double digit receptions).

His overall numbers were consistent from 2016-2017, but he had put up 6 100yd games in 2016.

Suspect hands, slight frame, and mental mistakes make him only worthy of a late round grab...don't overpay.

Edited by FollowTheLeader

1 hour ago, FollowTheLeader said:

You can find him listed anywhere from 6'3"-6'4" and 190-205lbs. Watching him in person he looks more like 190lbs.

Not sure about 2017, but in 2016 he had a 22.5% drop rate (on catchable balls) :yuck: and 3 fumbles (one of which cost them the game vs GA).

In 2017, he was literally shut down in 5 of 13 games; in two other games he only put up 3-61-0 and 3-78-0 (that's 7 of 13 games he posted at or near a dud), and he posted only 3 100yd games (two of which occurred as a result of double digit receptions).

His overall numbers were consistent from 2016-2017, but he had put up 6 100yd games in 2016.

Suspect hands, slight frame, and mental mistakes make him only worthy of a late round grab...don't overpay.

Yea , but is he good ? :P

16 hours ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Good stuff, thanks. He's the type of guy that I'd take at the back end of the 3rd or later in a rookie draft. The suspect hands part makes me think I should look elsewhere.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2018 at 2:57 PM, joshua18 said:

What landing spots are likely to allow for a rookie to be a WR2-3 out of the gate? 

CHI if they don't sign a FA WR? 

Jets when Anderson is suspended?

IND if Luck is healthy and Moncrief is gone? 

Any others?

some mocks have dallas taking james washington? well i can see him beating out terrence williams for damn sure. and you know dez is still drawing doubles on the other side

Just now, not an nfl scout said:

some mocks have dallas taking james washington? well i can see him beating out terrence williams for damn sure. and you know dez is still drawing doubles on the other side

No smart defense should be doubling Dez. He hasn't gotten separation from single coverage for 3 seasons. 

3 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

No smart defense should be doubling Dez. He hasn't gotten separation from single coverage for 3 seasons. 

well he's 6'2" and 220 and you tell me how many of those smart D cords want to leave him with single and feel good about it?

13 minutes ago, not an nfl scout said:

well he's 6'2" and 220 and you tell me how many of those smart D cords want to leave him with single and feel good about it?

As a cowboy fan I'm gonna assume you watched the games(as did I since I had Dez in fantasy).  He was singled up alot this year and couldn't take advantage.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, youngrice said:

As a cowboy fan I'm gonna assume you watched the games(as did I since I had Dez in fantasy).  He was singled up alot this year and couldn't take advantage.  

This. 

Teams did not double Dez.

Whether that was because teams knew that Dak couldn't get him the ball accurately or dez's decline or both is up for debate.

Very preliminary top 10 from what I have seen so far.

Tier 1

1. Calvin Ridley

2. Auden Tate

3. James Washington

Tier 2

4. Courtland Sutton

Tier 3

5. DJ Moore

6. Michael Gallup

7. Keke Coutee

8. Anthony Miller

9. Dante Pettis

10. Christian Kirk

Ranking I hate: Courtland Sutton at 4, I think he should be lower, he really needs to work on his hands. A lot of risk/reward, could end up like Brandon Marshall at best but has massive bust potential. 

Ranking I’m at odds with: Auden Tate at 2 vs. 1 over Ridley. Auden Tate is who people want Sutton to be. He has good short area quickness and has unbelievable hands unlike Sutton. Can really jump up and pin point the ball in the end zone. 

Player I’m higher than most on: Keke Coutee. He could be something really special. He will at least be a contributor to an offense. Hopefully he ends up in the right system but it might take a couple years before he blows up. I might be too low on him but we’ll see in a couple years. 

Player I’m lower on than most: Christian Kirk, Golden Tate comparisons are getting old. He doesn’t have nearly as much talent as Tate had entering the NFL and isn’t nearly as good at breaking tackles. Kirk to me is just your average slot receiver at best who has poor hands (and don’t want you want good hands in your slot receiver) and subpar route running. Give me Anthony Miller as my slot receiver instead. 

Guy who missed top 10: ESB, has upside due to fluidity and size, but he’s overrated. 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2018 at 11:28 AM, psygolf said:

If Cobbs Jr slips to the 3rd rd with the Bears sitting on their brains, because they do not have a pick, I'm going to be "trilled"

Simmie Cobbs isn’t good. He’s not quick, not fast, gets pushed out of bounds when he goes long, slow out of breaks. He’s just big. Give me Dorian Green-Beckham over him.

15 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

Simmie Cobbs isn’t good. He’s not quick, not fast, gets pushed out of bounds when he goes long, slow out of breaks. He’s just big. Give me Dorian Green-Beckham over him.

I simply disagree...and DGB is all yours.

3 minutes ago, psygolf said:

I simply disagree...and DGB is all yours.

What about what I said do you disagree about? Also, he’s a poor route runner. So basically he’s a round 5 WR just because of size. 

1 minute ago, boltup15 said:

What about what I said do you disagree about? Also, he’s a poor route runner. So basically he’s a round 5 WR just because of size. 

If you think a wr with size, that tore  the Ohio St CBs a new, will be available in the 5th, I'm a happy guy

7 minutes ago, psygolf said:

If you think a wr with size, that tore  the Ohio St CBs a new, will be available in the 5th, I'm a happy guy

He also tore up the Rutgers cbs for 2 and 20.... but thanks for ignoring the questions and rebuttling with “he tore it up in one game against a good team.” It sure sounds like you’ve done a lot of deep analysis on Simmie Cobbs by watching his highlight reel. DGB tore up the #2 Auburn team in 2013.

Simmie Cobbs 11.7 yards per reception sure projects a lot of upside. 

Edited by boltup15

1 hour ago, youngrice said:

yes i saw cowboy games...i also say very poor play from williams who supposedly is our #2 wr....(maybe james washington is that guy)..... i saw a big dropoff in wittens usage.....(maybe rico gathers comes back from this concussion problem....he had promise)?  i saw an injury ridden year from tyrone smith our left tackle. i saw a wasted season from elliott with all this turmoil in his legal troubles. say that dez is losing a step if you want, and i'll agree that age loses to no man. ,but he aint been pronounced dead yet, and with some of these factors correcting themselves next year, we may see better play from dez as well. football is 11 guys playing together. if only half of them show up then thats what you get. i think we play better next year and things can still gel.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

He also tore up the Rutgers cbs for 2 and 20.... but thanks for ignoring the questions and rebuttling with “he tore it up in one game against a good team.” It sure sounds like you’ve done a lot of deep analysis on Simmie Cobbs by watching his highlight reel. DGB tore up the #2 Auburn team in 2013.

Simmie Cobbs 11.7 yards per reception sure projects a lot of upside. 

11.7 on an IU team only goes way up from there

3 minutes ago, psygolf said:

11.7 on an IU team only goes way up from there

It will not because he’ll be on the bench. 

18 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

He has nice hands + a natural pro-level push off move when the ball is in the air that will also not be called in the NFL.  He also understands that a perfectly-run route means nothing when your QB is under constant pressure.   Watch his game tape, you'll constantly see him run off the screen, then come screaming back into the picture to bail his QB out from being sacked.

1 minute ago, boltup15 said:

It will not because he’ll be on the bench. 

I can't believe you do not have anything better to do than disparage a prospect that you've given a 5+ rd grade

5 minutes ago, psygolf said:

He has nice hands + a natural pro-level push off move when the ball is in the air that will also not be called in the NFL.  He also understands that a perfectly-run route means nothing when your QB is under constant pressure.   Watch his game tape, you'll constantly see him run off the screen, then come screaming back into the picture to bail his QB out from being sacked.

Simmie Cobb only knows the push off move. (Many offensive PI’s to come). 

Edited by boltup15

7 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

Simmie Cobb only knows the push off move. (Many offensive PI’s to come). 

Give me a better 5th rd wr...I'll make you a "Josh Bet"

1 minute ago, psygolf said:

Give me a better 5th rd wr...I'll make you a "Josh Bet"

Keke Coutee (even though he should be third)

Edited by boltup15

2 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

Keke Coutee (even though he should be third)

Ok...but he has to be drafted in the same area as Cobbs.   The one with the lesser FF pts as a rookie leaves the board for the entire offseason 

• Haha 1