Flyers_28

Mike Evans 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

Mack didn’t practice. Went ham on Sunday. I’m a godwin owner but am monitoring this closely as well. I usually wait until beat reporters have some inside scoop. 

Looks to me like it was just a veterans rest day considering he came back in the game last week after getting hurt. However, if he's not able to get in even a limited session today then I'll start to be concerned about his availability Sunday.

14 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Looks to me like it was just a veterans rest day considering he came back in the game last week after getting hurt. However, if he's not able to get in even a limited session today then I'll start to be concerned about his availability Sunday.

Mixon came back in and finished the game on the Thursday night he got hurt (then missed 3 weeks) ... can never be so black/white with these kinda injuries, there's a ton of gray area. 

Returned to practice today, thankfully. No specification on whether he was limited or full, but that last line (granted in the "Spin" section) seems to imply that he was limited

Evans (knee) returned to practice Thursday, Greg Auman of The Athletic reports.
Spin:
Evans exploded for a season-best 179 yards on 13 targets (13.8 YPT) this past Sunday in Cincinnati, but he was seen limping off the field late in the fourth quarter. As the Buccaneers began Week 9 prep, the team revealed he was dealing with a knee injury on Wednesday's practice report. Progressing from no participation to some in the span of one day is a step in the right direction, but only a full session will clear up his health.
Edited by JCDaly

On 10/23/2018 at 4:24 PM, WH71 said:

Beckham > Evans.

How many touchdowns does Mr. Look at me have this year?

I'll take Evans all day over Bumkham

Looks like Evans will be good to go, hopefully more of the same with Fitz

Evans (knee) logged a full practice Friday and doesn't have an injury designation for Sunday's game at Carolina, Greg Auman of The Athletic reports.

Spin:
There was some concern when Evans was held out of practice Wednesday, but he returned to a limited session Thursday and was full-go to close out the week. He'll catch passes from Ryan Fitzpatrick, who has been on the throwing end of each of Evans' four touchdowns this season.

6/123/1 projection for the game. Had his best games with Fitz slinging the rock.

Edited by FlashGordon401

I don’t get it. Why do they never throw a quick 5 yd hitch or slant to him when the corner is playing off? You gotta get your best WR involved somehow, especially if the deep routes aren’t there

• Like 1

Just ridiculous really.  My WR's are OBJ, Evans, Sanders, Boyd and everytime I managed to sit this ********* guy he goes off, and when I have to play him I get garbage.

For a while, he had 6 targets without a catch. I know that the pick that Fitz threw in the beginning, was intended to go to Evans. Luckily I have survived this week without his points.

Seems like as the game went on Fitz realized that it was pointless to force it into Evans and began looking at other options. Good for Fitz, bad for Evans.

Checking in as an Evans owner who lost this week  (needed a measly 9 points outta him).....I didn't watch the game, was Fitz just badly missing on his throws or were these mostly drops/big plays by secondary?

8 hours ago, Luckystrike7 said:

Checking in as an Evans owner who lost this week  (needed a measly 9 points outta him).....I didn't watch the game, was Fitz just badly missing on his throws or were these mostly drops/big plays by secondary?

On the first drive Fitz first 3 attempts went to Evans. One of which he overthrew for an interception. They just weren’t able to connect and Fitz didn’t have much time to throw so he played it safe with short dump offs to Humpries. It was kind of an anomaly.

28 minutes ago, Mr Rourke said:

It happens. Nothing to see here. 

It may happen but usually not like this. The gamescript was favorable and the targets were there but the production wasn't. Part of me was expecting the Evans during the Fitzmagic mania to come back but that clearly isn't the case. He looked like an elite WR1 those first few weeks but looks like he has regressed back to the borderline WR1 that aligns with where he was drafted.