Flyers_28

Mike Evans 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

7 hours ago, Tonyromosclavicle said:

Thoughts on Mike this week?  Had a fairly huge Wk1 against NO; However, Fitz was throwing to him.

3 hours ago, TT215 said:

For some reason I feel this will be a big Godwin game. Just a hunch. 

Could be right. But you don't sit Evans.

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

Could be right. But you don't sit Evans.

Very rare would I ever sit Evans. Just saying I wouldn’t be shocked if Godwin outscored him this game. I have Evans in one league I am in and no doubt firing him up. 

9 minutes ago, TT215 said:

Very rare would I ever sit Evans. Just saying I wouldn’t be shocked if Godwin outscored him this game. I have Evans in one league I am in and no doubt firing him up. 

You can pretty much say that about any TB game. Gotta take the duds with the beastly games with Evans.

40 minutes ago, merv77 said:

Are we trusting him next week @BAL or running to the waiver wire?

I don’t have much choice. Can’t bench him for a WW pickup now

43 minutes ago, merv77 said:

I don't feel good about the matchup.   And I will check out the WW.   But I'll probably still roll him out there.

this is going to be one of those games where I think Evans goes for 5-40 . don't see a big game against the ravens

2 hours ago, merv77 said:

The next 2 matchups are about as tough as they come. I doubt many owners are going to find someone they are more confident in off the waivers though. Just have to pray to the fantasy gods. 

Winston is a clown at times, major tunell vision . When you get Mike Evans 1 on 1 vs the corner , THROW HIM THE FREAKING BALL. Jesus christ , dudes a stud wideout & more then likely coming down with it. But anways , theres no way you bench Mike , no way in hell. Dont be ridiculous talking about WW add instead of Evans. Yes it’s defintley a bad matchup this week vs BAL . But the past 3 weeks were great matchups, and he didn’t do much. Too many people tend to over emphasize a good or bad matchup. Especially regarding Mike, hes been all over the place this year. It is what it is, just start him and hope

for the best. He can just as easily boom this week or bust. No one but the fantasy gods know. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah I'm going down with the ship I guess.  The fantasy gods say you play your studs.....so well see how it works this weekend.

Of course I'm starting him! 

He's due.  No TDs in a few weeks.  Jameis is going back to what he knows...

8-110-1 incoming

• Like 1

Anyone with any positive thoughts for Sunday?

I think I've resigned myself to closing my eyes, holding my nose, and starting Evans.

39 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Anyone with any positive thoughts for Sunday?

I think I've resigned myself to closing my eyes, holding my nose, and starting Evans.

While it goes against "never bench your studs," I'm trending away from starting him at this point.  Terrible matchup and this stat from Hribar's worksheet is terrifying: "Baltimore has allowed the fewest points per play (.296) in the league while the Buccaneers rank 31st (.480) overall and 32nd on the road (.671)"

You're banking on an ultra-efficient game from Winston and Evans, while BAL is run-heavy and bleeding the clock all game.  

38 minutes ago, LSUtiger said:

While it goes against "never bench your studs," I'm trending away from starting him at this point.  Terrible matchup and this stat from Hribar's worksheet is terrifying: "Baltimore has allowed the fewest points per play (.296) in the league while the Buccaneers rank 31st (.480) overall and 32nd on the road (.671)"

You're banking on an ultra-efficient game from Winston and Evans, while BAL is run-heavy and bleeding the clock all game.  

I'm really torn.   I've got Cooper and Gordon so I don't absolutely have to start Evans.  But it would mean I have to start 2 of Coleman, Dixon, McGuire, Damien Williams.

One at RB and another at flex.    Or maybe go after a boom or bust WR on the waivers.    I really botched the end of season by holding too many defenses.    Especially  knowing that Evans had bad matchups.  

3 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I'm really torn.   I've got Cooper and Gordon so I don't absolutely have to start Evans.  But it would mean I have to start 2 of Coleman, Dixon, McGuire, Damien Williams.

One at RB and another at flex.    Or maybe go after a boom or bust WR on the waivers.    I really botched the end of season by holding too many defenses.    Especially  knowing that Evans had bad matchups.  

I’m really considering rolling Josh Gordon out there over Evans. This just doesn’t look like a good spot for Evans. Even if it ends up being a bad choice, it seems highly unlikely that he has a massive game here. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FinsUp24 said:

I’m really considering rolling Josh Gordon out there over Evans. This just doesn’t look like a good spot for Evans. Even if it ends up being a bad choice, it seems highly unlikely that he has a massive game here. 

I am actually thinking the same.  I think it will be a Evans 5-40 type game

• Like 1

Evans is the type of receiver that Jimmy Smith plays well against. Big and physical... Evans typically dogs the small corners.

It's hard to bench Evans but his target share has been trending downward and I don't see Tampa putting up many points in Baltimore.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, arielk31 said:

Evans is the type of receiver that Jimmy Smith plays well against. Big and physical... Evans typically dogs the small corners.

It's hard to bench Evans but his target share has been trending downward and I don't see Tampa putting up many points in Baltimore.

Good comment about Smith.

And Evan's has only been getting around 6 or 7 targets.   And with the Baltimore D, I don't know that Winston will have time to get him any quality targets downfield.

Will be painful if he blows up on my bench.   But that seems highly unlikely.   I think I've convinced myself to sit him this week.   If I'm fortunate enough to make it through, I'll have to think about this again vs Dallas.

Just now, K197040 said:

Good comment about Smith.

And Evan's has only been getting around 6 or 7 targets.   And with the Baltimore D, I don't know that Winston will have time to get him any quality targets downfield.

Will be painful if he blows up on my bench.   But that seems highly unlikely.   I think I've convinced myself to sit him this week.   If I'm fortunate enough to make it through, I'll have to think about this again vs Dallas.

Agree.  Feel terrible about starting him and would be benching him if I had other options.

I see 3-4 catches for 40 yards coming this week.  And to make matters worse he really hasn't done all that much with Winston under center this year.  Part of me thinks I'd probably be better off starting Brate than Evans this week.

I just can't understand why he doesn't score more TD's.  I'd think he'd be very tough to stop....Just toss him some high fade routes.  But the Bucs never seem to do that.