Flyers_28

Mike Evans 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

6 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

thats alot of targets.

An average of 6 targets over the last 5 weeks is "alot"?  For a WR1?

27 minutes ago, LSUtiger said:

Fair enough, but the counterargument isn't outrageous.  Below is Evans' output the last six weeks in my 0.5 PPR.  Aside from his week 11 blowup those are hardly top 10 WR numbers.  Given his terrible matchup this week (BAL shut down Julio two weeks ago), and some crappy weather forecasted, I don't think it's mind boggling to consider sitting him...

9 Nov 4 @Car Final (L) 42-28 2.10 10 1 16 0 0
10 Nov 11 Was Final (L) 16-3 6.60 6 3 51 0 0
11 Nov 18 @NYG Final (L) 38-35 27.00 7 6 120 1 0
12 Nov 25 SF Final (W) 27-9 14.60 8 6 116 0 0
13 Dec 2 Car Final (W) 24-17 6.80 6 4 48 0 0
14 Dec 9 NO Final (L) 28-14 10.60 6 4 86 0 0

Numbers look pretty good to me except for the Carolina game.

35 minutes ago, LSUtiger said:

An average of 6 targets over the last 5 weeks is "alot"?  For a WR1?

He's averaging 8.5 on the season, and yes, that's fine for a WR1 with Evans ability 

3 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

He's averaging 8.5 on the season, and yes, that's fine for a WR1 with Evans ability 

For the season includes games with Fitz, who heavily targeted him.  Jameis, not so much (see the last few weeks).

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, LSUtiger said:

For the season includes games with Fitz, who heavily targeted him.  Jameis, not so much (see the last few weeks).

Like I said, this doesn't seem worth arguing so I'm gonna exit thread.

You start Mike Evans every week and you are wayyy overthinking if you aren't.

Good luck 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

This is mind boggling to me. Not even gonna argue it. Evans is just a guy who I would never even consider moving out of my lineup. To each his own I guess.

even over a guy like brandin cooks or Diggs?

Edited by nk3323

On 12/13/2018 at 5:24 AM, Jin said:

Thinking about starting Jackson (if MG sits) or Williams (if Ware sits) over Evans. Really torn on what to do, especially since he’s playing BAL. 

God bless you if you didn't start at least one of those two.

So are we starting this guy or what? I can’t believe I’m leaning on starting Samuels over him.

The Vegas line is not too bad but I just don’t have a lot of confidence

3 minutes ago, montgrove said:

So are we starting this guy or what? I can’t believe I’m leaning on starting Samuels over him.

The Vegas line is not too bad but I just don’t have a lot of confidence

Who is we?

I have evans and im starting him. 

I really don’t think I can pull the trigger on this guy. Baltimore has plus sized corners who can get physical. They also have a pass rush that can make it a long day for Winston. I know the saying you don’t bench studs, but with him not getting as many looks recently, he is a fade for me this week.

• Like 1

Rain, away, and against one of the best defenses with big corners who can shut down Mike... this is tough. I’m even leaning Marcus Murphy over him LOL I need points 

• Haha 1

I am concerned too, especially after taking a big fat ZERO from one chargers WR Thursday Night

4 hours ago, arielk31 said:

Rain, away, and against one of the best defenses with big corners who can shut down Mike... this is tough. I’m even leaning Marcus Murphy over him LOL I need points 

Lol good job

12 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

Like i called it

NEVER BENCH YOUR STUDS

Exactly, this is the playoffs.  If I’m going to lose i rather lose with my studs 

18 hours ago, championship or bust said:

Like i called it

NEVER BENCH YOUR STUDS

I'm here to eat my crow.  Sat him and he put up a solid 14 and change in my 0.5 PPR.  Rolled with Curtis Samuel instead and it may cost me, but TBD.

i expected nothing and he put it down for my team.  lets hope he breaks the td streak on championship sunday. 

Over 100 yards at halftime against the toughest defense against WR, especially against WR1 types. Unfortunately didn't do much in the 2nd half, but this shows again why you trust your studs regardless of matchup.

Just now, frog34 said:

Over 100 yards at halftime against the toughest defense against WR, especially against WR1 types. Unfortunately didn't do much in the 2nd half, but this shows again why you trust your studs regardless of matchup.

Most his yardage came from an absurd 65 yarder that was a near prayer from Jameis on 3rd and 20.  Evans is so dangerous though, can never sleep on him as he can do that any play. 

• Like 1

Hows everyone feeling this week against the Cowboys. Being a cowboys fan I still cant believe their secondary is this good. IDK man.