Savatage79

Kareem Hunt 2018 Outlook

the point is most of people here are looking for sensation...I get that it's Friday but there is no point of making things up and claiming sth terrible has happend. Doesnt mean he acted ok

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, munde53 said:

He literally kicked her. Watch the video to the end.

I know he did...I am saying when incident was first reported it was he just kicked her out. Now we know there was actual kicking involved

• Like 1

Just now, fatbob166 said:

I know he did...I am saying when incident was first reported it was he just kicked her out. Now we know there was actual kicking involved

Misunderstood your post, never mind.

8 minutes ago, wheatfield said:

Pushing someone is different than having an NFL player run at you full force and slam you down into the ground. It kind of looked like her face hit the wall as she was coming down too.

he didnt run at her..put your glasses on

2 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

Even if he appeals and is allowed to remain on the roster, I just can't see the Chiefs allowing him to play.......it's just a horrible look.

(Probably helps that their backup RB is really really good).

He can't appeal of he's on the exempt list which is a distinct possibility

1 minute ago, fatbob166 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4506918

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LuckyLukas said:

he didnt run at her..put your glasses on

He tried to, without his friends holding him back the damage would have been astronomically worst. 

The backlash the NFL took after the Ray Rice incident + the recent metoo movement + video proof = bad news for Hunt owners.

This is Ray Rice all over again. He’s done this year & career is in question. Rice wasn’t much older & was never seen again

• Like 1

1 minute ago, meh2 said:

The backlash the NFL took after the Ray Rice incident + the recent metoo movement + video proof = bad news for Hunt owners.

And bad news for Goodell....

How many mea culpas does he get?

Just now, oresteszero said:

This happened over 9 months ago? Why is it just coming out now?

Belichick didn't have it until today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

Reading that the NFL and the Chiefs knew about the existence of the video.....

Geez

If the Chiefs and NFL had this video and didn't act on it previously then they've got a bigger problem than Hunt does.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

obviously we don't know the whole story, it could be while it is a reprehensible act to do this to anyone regardless or race/gender/etc. there was something else that triggered it.  it doesn't excuse what he did, he has to own up to that, but there could be more to the story. 

but one thing is for sure once there is video it raises the game to a whole new level and it isn't one that is going to turn out good for Hunt.  you can can get away with police reports or even photos but video just makes the whole thing completely real for everyone who sees it.  would not be surprised to see Hunt out indefinitely.  whether that is fair or unfair, right or wrong, innocent until proven guilty for Hunt.  i just don't see KC risking the bad PR from this and potential damage to the brand. 

and before anyone throws the "from the Ware owner" or "you must be going against Hunt", i don't have a dog in this fight, i'm just looking at what is out there and this is my opinion

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

This is Ray Rice all over again. He’s done this year & career is in question. Rice wasn’t much older & was never seen again

The difference is that Ray Rice was bad. If Rice was still as effective as Hunt he'd have caught on like the numerous other domestic abusers did and do. Reuben Foster was just claimed this week. The NFL and its teams don't care.

3 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Just because it’s an easy comparison doesn’t mean it is a correct comparison. The year prior to the Rice incident he averaged 3 yards per carry and scored 4 TDs, Hunt led the league in rushing last year and is doing equally as well this year. Talent wins out, just look at Rueben Foster, his career isn’t over. His KC career may be over but someone will give him another shot because he is still a productive player whereas Ray Rice was far from productive when his incident happened, also Rice’s was far far worse than this.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Career ender..

For that? Nah. He will get suspended, make a public apology written by some NFL exec and will have take some domestic violence courses. Should be enough the appease a good portion of the public opinion jury.

Edited by metalmat

1 minute ago, Panthor said:

obviously we don't know the whole story, it could be while it is a reprehensible act to do this to anyone regardless or race/gender/etc. there was something else that triggered it.  it doesn't excuse what he did, he has to own up to that, but there could be more to the story. 

but one thing is for sure once there is video it raises the game to a whole new level and it isn't one that is going to turn out good for Hunt.  you can can get away with police reports or even photos but video just makes the whole thing completely real for everyone who sees it.  would not be surprised to see Hunt out indefinitely.  whether that is fair or unfair, right or wrong, innocent until proven guilty for Hunt.  i just don't see KC risking the bad PR from this and potential damage to the brand. 

and before anyone throws the "from the Ware owner" or "you must be going against Hunt", i don't have a dog in this fight, i'm just looking at what is out there and this is my opinion

I agree 100%.  They went ahead on the Rice suspension, only once the video was public. 

Hunt has to walk away no matter what. Let his handlers deal with it and just walk away. He's absolutely done. No way in hell he plays the rest of the year.  

• Haha 1

He’s not going to play Sunday. Or this year. No way. Not with NFLs history of f--- ups.