Savatage79

Kareem Hunt 2018 Outlook

22 minutes ago, andypro77 said:

I disagree, I think it's a good message to send, if it works out right. Think of Cris Carter - he could have been tossed aside for his problems, but he was given another chance and become a solid citizen with a redemption story.

Both Hill and Mixon could be that as well, and that's not a bad message, I don't think.

Tyreek Hill is still being employed by this team. They are just covering their a** because the video went public. It makes them  look terrible.

Anyone saying Hunt should be blackballed is naive, IMO.

Edited by jsch08
  • Like 1

Just now, IDGAFOS said:

Honestly lost in all this is the dude who got tossed breaking upthe altercation.  Why is he ignored just because he's not a female?

What about the female presumably drinking underage?

2 minutes ago, Carlos Correa said:

Kareem Hunt can use Joe Mixon and his 1 punch KO as inspiration that he can make it back to the NFL after his eventual suspension ends at least. It hasn't changed that much since guys keep getting chances, unless you're washed up.

It's just sad really. As fans you see less stars bc it seems like the main stories we hear about are when stars go down for this behavior. 

I bet i happens more involving less prominent players and nobody ever hears about it. 

TMZ will pay big bucks for breaking Kareem Hunt but they aren't paying huge dollars for say a tape of Maurice Harris. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Born Sinner said:

This has been blown way out of proportion. Sure he acted stupidly, but he didn’t brutally beat her as many are making it seem like. This is such a shame to treat a prime RB this way.

Blown out of proportion? There was a Strong, Independent Woman involved here. In 2018.

Getting cut is a slap on the wrist. Can't really rest until every media outlet piles on with analyst after analyst exhausting Merriam Webster for the most exotic way to describe what a horriffic thing this was, and by extension what righteous people they are. Then he must issue a tearful apology.

The girl needs to do some reflection herself by the way. I get her as a woman, feeling empowered to square up to an NFL player. Like I said, its 2018. But jeez that was some piss poor combat. Hasn't she seen Atomic Blonde? It's totally possible for a lithe 100 lb woman to come out on top in that situation, but that's not it. Back to the drawing board.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MJJ28 said:

Sure but a grown a** man kicking a 19 year old that's been drinking, who plays in the NFL ...

1 minute ago, IDGAFOS said:

Honestly lost in all this is the dude who got tossed breaking upthe altercation.  Why is he ignored just because he's not a female?

yup

I like the Chiefs strategy to blame Kareem Hunt and say "Kareem Hunt was not truthful". That way they can play him and then release him if it ever got worse. They clearly learned from the Ravens and Ray Rice.

Edited by griffin727
  • Like 1

Just now, The Gridiron Assassin said:

It's just sad really. As fans you see less stars bc it seems like the main stories we hear about are when stars go down for this behavior. 

I bet i happens more involving less prominent players and nobody ever hears about it. 

TMZ will pay big bucks for breaking Kareem Hunt but they aren't paying huge dollars for say a tape of Maurice Harris. 

Yep - I think this is accurate.

1 minute ago, MJJ28 said:

Enjoy presuming things that aren't relevant to Kareem's abuse.  What a moron!

1 minute ago, sgoz1121 said:

Blown out of proportion? There was a Strong, Independent Woman involved here. In 2018.

Getting cut is a slap on the wrist. Can't really rest until every media outlet piles on with analyst after analyst exhausting Merriam Webster for the most exotic way to describe what a horriffic thing this was, and by extension what righteous people they are. Then he must issue a tearful apology.

The girl needs to do some reflection herself by the way. I get her as a woman, feeling empowered to square up to an NFL player. Like I said, its 2018. But jeez that was some piss poor combat. Hasn't she seen Atomic Blonde? It's totally possible for a lithe 100 lb woman to come out on top in that situation, but that's not it. Back to the drawing board.

#dumbestpostoftheday

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, griffin727 said:

I like the Chiefs strategy to blame Kareem Hunt and say "Kareem Hunt was not truthful". That way they can play them and then release him if it ever got worse. They clearly learned from the Ravens and Ray Rice.

Yeah I have to agree in light of the apparent fact that the Chiefs knew about this almost an entire year ago.

let me ask again, are we dropping Hunt?

3 minutes ago, IDGAFOS said:

Nobody cares about manlets getting tossed. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CABLE87 said:

Duh. He is not on a team, on the commissioner's exempt list, and is on the fast track to the Ray Rice retirement tour.

Edited by MJJ28

3 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

In redraft - yes.

Dynasty - no.

The league as has been discussed ad nauseum in this very thread has a lot of abusers. The precedent is well-established: serve your suspension, move on.

Edited by SuperJoint
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

sooo hes a safe drop?

For this season: Yes

If you play keeper or dynasty: Consult your own moral compass 

Just now, CABLE87 said:

wondering the same thing given the Reuben Foster situation

1 minute ago, CABLE87 said:

yes he will not play again this season, guaranteed

Pretty wild that a bunch of people on here have no morals when something effects their fantasy football team.

• Haha 1

Just now, MJJ28 said:

Duh. He is not on a team, on the commissioner's exempt list, and is fast on the fast track to the Ray Rice retirement tour.

He is going to get picked up by another team. Only reason why Ray Rice did not play again is cause he was washed up

Just now, The Gridiron Assassin said:

For this season: Yes

If you play keeper or dynasty: Consult your own moral compass 

Haha like that stops anyone from playing Ben Rapelisburger.

4 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

Tyreek Hill is still being employed by this team. They are just covering their a** because the video went public. It makes them  look terrible.

Anyone saying Hunt should be blackballed is naive, IMO.

Eh, Tyreek owned up to his mistakes before being drafted by the Chiefs. He went through extensive interviews and counseling, and it looks like he's determined to be a better man. Reid is known for giving people second chances.

Hunt lied and destroyed Reid's trust.

Welp this thread is getting locked up.

Once the video came out the facts mattered less, every team in every major sport cuts a player who did that. 

3 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Sure but a grown a** man kicking a 19 year old that's been drinking, who plays in the NFL ...

C’mon that wasn’t a kick, he was just cow tipping her. 

The push at the start was worse imo. Kind of like he escalated the whole thing. 

Just now, metalmat said:

He is going to get picked up by another team. Only reason why Ray Rice did not play again is cause he was washed up

Ray Rice wasn't washed up. He was 26 fcs.