Savatage79

Kareem Hunt 2018 Outlook

4 minutes ago, LeeVanCleef said:

Mixon cold cocked a girl and her face smashed on a table when she fell. He was still drafted with the video on repeat during the entire draft with that pompous F trey wingo nonstop talking about it. This video was no where near in comparison to that or rice's. I think Chiefs jumped the gun on this one but we're in sensitive times here. He's 23. I don't think he's gonna be out of the league.

Mixon wasn't an NFL player though making millions of dollars and given ample lessons on how to behave like a professional, season after season. Mixon was also charged with a misdemeanor and arrested and went through the entire legal process. Without this suspension, nothing at all would happen to Hunt, and that's not a good precedent.

• Like 1

Just now, MrPositive said:

Mixon wasn't an NFL player though making millions of dollars and given ample lessons on how to behave like a professional, season after season. Mixon was also charged with a misdemeanor and arrested and went through the entire legal process. Without this suspension, nothing at all would happen to Hunt, and that's not a good precedent.

Yes, but he was entering the NFL. It's like filling out a job application and they ask have you ever been arrested. Your history plays a role in being hired. The video was pretty violent and he was still drafted. This is also Hunts 2nd year in the nfl. Basically still a rookie. And he wasn't suspended. He was released. Kicked off the team. That's a big difference.

• Like 1

Just now, LeeVanCleef said:

Yes, but he was entering the NFL. It's like filling out a job application and they ask have you ever been arrested. Your history plays a role in being hired. The video was pretty violent and he was still drafted. This is also Hunts 2nd year in the nfl. Basically still a rookie. And he wasn't suspended. He was released. Kicked off the team. That's a big difference.

Quite a bit, yes.

3 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

DA can still press charges if they so choose. The situation doesn't just disappear if there's video. 

Cops arrest people - they don't press charges.

Exactly. That's y I said forward reoorts to attorney for charges. Cops didn't forward anything. In law enforcement we call it long forming an arrest;)

2 minutes ago, LeeVanCleef said:

The girl also struck Mixon first. Lets stop pulling out examples that don't compare.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

It sounds insensitive but...have you seen what hunt has done? That's what the chiefs execs are thinking. It's all about the dollars really. Can they weather this video for a bit? 

My guess is it gets dragged out the rest of this season and he gets a 6 game suspensions next season.

maybe appealed to 4

edit: holy eff sorry I've been whiskeying in Louisville and didn't notice the commissioner exempt list. So he's pretty much done right?

Edited by bhawks489

3 minutes ago, LeeVanCleef said:

Well times change don't they? The internet puts everything out there full blast. As well, more and more women are fans each day of the NFL. And second year still means he had tons and tons of seminars and classes on how to behave as an NFL professional. I've even seen video of those classes before.

Just now, IDGAFOS said:

The girl also struck Mixon first. Lets stop pulling out examples that don't compare.  

What do you mean don't compare? I'm saying Mixon's video was much worse than Hunt's and he was still given a chance to be in the NFL. Hunt was just kicked off the team for his incident. I think that was a little extreme and 6 gamer or so suspension would have sufficed. Having said that, I don't think this is the last we see of Hunt.

What do you mean don't compare? I'm saying Mixon's video was much worse than Hunt's and he was still given a chance to be in the NFL. Hunt was just kicked off the team for his incident. I think that was a little extreme and 6 gamer or so suspension would have sufficed. Having said that, I don't think this is the last we see of Hunt.

Are you dense?  Hunt attacked someone.  Mixon defended himself.  The idiots on this forum are blowing my damn mind!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LeeVanCleef said:

Also, that mixon news happened in July of 2016. If it happened closer to the draft I think it would have been more detrimental 

13 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Nah. Police see this crap every hour of every day. She was involved in the conflict physically. They were confronted with a different story per every person there. They don't have time for this crap which has been long over before they likely got there.

As an officer you try to get the situation under control and go on to the next call. He committed assault. She committed assault. Why bother with it as long as things are under control as far as law enforcement is concerned.

Exactly.  She had no marks was obvious on the tape they both were at fault and if you watch her after interviews she was wasted.  Police see this s--- everyday.

1 minute ago, MrPositive said:

Well times change don't they? The internet puts everything out there full blast. As well, more and more women are fans each day of the NFL. And second year still means he had tons and tons of seminars and classes on how to behave as an NFL professional. I've even seen video of those classes before.

So there's no rules or code of conduct in college? They just run amok? It's also called being a man and knowing right from wrong before even having to watch some video. Gimme a break.

But he's saying that Mixon was literally struck in the face first and then somewhat self defended himself. Hunt was never hit, and is clearly out of the entire video for about 7 seconds, then reappears and kicks a person on the ground, who he clearly saw dazed from before. Yes, the kick seems not so nasty, but how are we to judge that?

2 hours ago, 77georgec said:

So since he is a “prime” rb ,special consideration should be taken? All he had to do was walk away. So much on the line and especially in today’s climate? Million dollar talent with a 10 cent brain. 

You really don’t get it do you? It didn’t take long for everyone to call him a thug and an animal. He barely did anything to a woman racially insulting him. He’s a young guy out having fun and gets called a disgusting insult in 2018. That’s being just brushed off because he’s a big name and a woman was involved. This was a coverup move by the Chiefs and the NFL. It’s a disgrace. One game suspension would be fine. Maybe even suspend him until the playoffs. They jumped the gun and handled this horribly just to save face and didn’t back up their guy. Fine him and suspend him for a few games. This? Pathetic. 

Edited by Born Sinner
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, IDGAFOS said:

Are you dense?  Hunt attacked someone.  Mixon defended himself.  The idiots on this forum are blowing my damn mind!

Please tell me how this is Mixon defending himself??

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Born Sinner said:

You really don’t get it do you? It didn’t take long for everyone to call him a thug and an animal. He barely did anything. This was a coverup move by the Chiefs and the NFL. It’s a disgrace. One game suspension would be fine. Maybe even suspend him until the playoffs. They jumped the gun and handled this horribly just to save face and didn’t back up their guy. Fine him and suspend him for a few games. This? Pathetic. 

A 1 game suspension??? I hope there's no women in your life...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Lock this thread up again, people be gettin crazy with this talk 

it was a tongue in cheek statement.

it is somewhat alarming though...that some are downplaying the issue.  

i suspect this thread will be locked real soon though

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know why some people can't understand that the NFL handling this case poorly and Hunt doing something terrible aren't mutually exclusive. 

NFL handled this poorly because they clearly didn't thoroughly investigate or even worse they just simply acted indifferently without any accountability. Hunt lost his temper and couldn't control his emotions which resulted him in assaulting a woman who by the video appears to really only be coming after him verbally.

Both sides are idiots. 

• Thanks 1

Bad dude most likely raised wrong or too stupid to close his hotel room door. 

Ooooooohhh I got a Q for y'all.

Keeper league. Would you keep Hunt for a 3rd Round Pick?

Not AC since it's a hypothetical to get away from BS

Wow look at not a single person in the Mixon video get up to check on the woman who was just violently knocked out in front of them.  Sad those cowards are the generation that will be leading this country one day.

10 minutes ago, IDGAFOS said:

You’ve seen the mixon video and you’re gonna take the position that what he did was justified as self defense? 

Thats absolutely disgusting. He could have killed that woman. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Wow look at not a single person in the Mixon video get up to check on the woman who was just violently knocked out in front of them.  Sad those cowards are the generation that will be leading this country one day.

What are you talking about? The boy literally checks on her immediately, and is calling for help at the end.

3 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

What are you talking about? The boy literally checks on her immediately, and is calling for help at the end.

Yeah kudos to the guy who's feet she fell at.

Was speaking more to the room full of people who continued sitting and gossiping.

Edited by OmegaRed88

16 minutes ago, IDGAFOS said:

She even hurled racist words. I don’t condone DV but if you go out looking for trouble, it will come find you.