Savatage79

Kareem Hunt 2018 Outlook

11 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

Kaepernick didnt get a second chance...

That is absolutely rich! Good job!

6 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Your right no incriminating videos ever get out when big companies try to suppress them.  

What was incriminating about it though? Serious question. The police saw the video and didn’t do anything. The girl was unharmed. At what point is this just not that big of a deal?

It’s bad optics for the NFL but what were they supposed to do? Buy the video then suspend Hunt for something deemed unworthy of criminal charges? Would everything be fine if that happened? I’m genuinely curious about what people think the NFL should have done or what they did wrong.

Edited by MJJ28

1 minute ago, MJJ28 said:

What was incriminating about it though, serious question. The police saw the video and didn’t do anything. The girl was unharmed. At what point is this just not that big of a deal?

Ok I'm thoroughly schshocked somebody is this naive.  I'm out.  Have a good night.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Ok I'm thoroughly schshocked somebody is this naive.  I'm out.  Have a good night.

So you can’t answer. Do you think the police should have charged him then? Why did they not even bother when they saw the tapes all along?

The same people here complaining about the NFLs role in this would be pissing and moaning if they bought the video and suspended Hunt without him even being charged of a crime, like they did with Zeke.

Blame Hunt or the cops, the NFL hasn’t done anything wrong (for maybe the first time ever).

Edited by MJJ28

8 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Is assault still assault if the cops don’t determine it to be assault? The cops saw the video and didn’t press charges. At what point do the girls allegations not hold water? 

For the NFL and the Chiefs it obviously has less to do with the law and more to do with business. 

The players are the product. This is like if the iPhone 10 has defective headphones. Sorry to be cruel, obviously Kareem is a human, but to the Chiefs and the NFL he is in one sense a product and a product that needs to be recalled to protect the company as a whole. 

It doesn't matter if he's actually guilty of criminal assault. It only matters what the public will perceive of his actions.

My point is that the Chiefs are motivated much more by protecting their image and credibility and franchise value than they are honestly concerned with Hunt's actions off the field. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

For the NFL and the Chiefs it obviously has less to do with the law and more to do with business. 

The players are the product. This is like if the iPhone 10 has defective headphones. Sorry to be cruel, obviously Kareem is a human, but to the Chiefs and the NFL he is in one sense a product and a product that needs to be recalled to protect the company as a whole. 

It doesn't matter if he's actually guilty of criminal assault. It only matters what the public will perceive of his actions.

My point is that the Chiefs are motivated much more by protecting their image and credibility and franchise value than they are honestly concerned with Hunt's actions off the field. 

Agreed. People are bashing the NFL for this situation when they also would have bashed them if they suspended Hunt prior to the video being released, since he wasn’t even charged with a crime and the girl was unharmed. No win situation for the NFL. Blame should rest on Hunt for being an idiot.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Like 1

Just now, MJJ28 said:

So you can’t answer. Do you think the police should have charged him then? Why did they not even bother when they saw the tapes all along?

Ok will answer you one more time.  Like I said three pages ago there is a very good chance hunt will never see legal action.  The woman had no marks on her and punched him first.  Plus she was very intoxicated in the after interview.  That has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE NFL.  The NFL lives under the court of public opinion. Not what can be prosecuted in a court of law.  Two very different things.

2 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Agreed. People are bashing the NFL for this situation when they also would have bashed them if they suspended Hunt prior to the video being released, since he wasn’t even charged with a crime and the girl was unharmed. No win situation for the NFL. Blame should rest on Hunt for being an idiot.

The police have stated that they didn't look at the video that night, and the investigation is still pending. He still could be charged actually.

1 minute ago, youngrice said:

Ok will answer you one more time.  Like I said three pages ago there is a very good chance hunt will never see legal action.  The woman had no marks on her and punched him first.  Plus she was very intoxicated in the after interview.  That has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE NFL.  The NFL lives under the court of public opinion. Not what can be prosecuted in a court of law.  Two very different things.

Ok cool. Don’t see why anyone should be throwing blame on the NFL for the handling of the situation then. Do you wish that they suspended Hunt prior to the release of the video to the public? Or would you have just whined about your fantasy stud missing games when he wasn’t even charged with a crime and the victim had no signs of assault?

2 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

The police have stated that they didn't look at the video that night, and the investigation is still pending. He still could be charged actually.

If true, I didn’t know that. Thanks. My understanding was the hotel provided the tapes to the police from the very beginning and they still didn’t care.

Edited by MJJ28

2 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Ok cool. Don’t see why anyone should be throwing blame on the NFL for the handling of the situation then. Do you wish that they suspended Hunt prior to the release of the video to the public? Or would you have just whined about your fantasy stud missing games when he wasn’t even charged with a crime and the victim had no signs of assault?

I don't have Hunt in any leagues I could care less about fantasy football in situations like this. Its more serious then our stupid game.  Enjoy your life in Seahaven.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, youngrice said:

I don't have Hunt in any leagues I could care less about fantasy football in situations like this. Its more serious then our stupid game.  Enjoy your life in Seahaven.

I have Hunt in 0/2 leagues.

I was expecting a roundhouse kick to the face the way you guys are making the video out to be, instead he just taps her.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, CABLE87 said:

I was expecting a roundhouse kick to the face the way you guys are making the video out to be, instead he just taps her.

Seriously. The woman beating stuff is almost just a meme at this point. If anything hits on that topic it’s reacted to all the same.

15 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

the girl punched him in the face to. 

Sooo all this bickering is fun and all but to get back on topic...

Hunt can be safely dropped in redraft leagues? Or is there some reason I should continue to hold onto him? No chance he plays again this season on another team, right?

Just now, dawkinspwns said:

Sooo all this bickering is fun and all but to get back on topic...

Hunt can be safely dropped in redraft leagues? Or is there some reason I should continue to hold onto him? No chance he plays again this season on another team, right?

I think you need to keep Hunt but I would consider dropping Adrian Peterson😂

1 hour ago, CABLE87 said:

It's a tap followed by a kick on the floor

NFL players need to pretend women are QBs. If you touch them you are in trouble.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

What a fool. I don't think he deserves to be kicked out of the league or even cut from his team, but I'll have little sympathy for him regardless. Derailing your own career like this just plain old stupid. Maybe it will be a wake up call for him. Losing millions can do that for some people. 

1 hour ago, pushaZ said:

I think you need to keep Hunt but I would consider dropping Adrian Peterson😂

?

I don't own Adrian Peterson. What's your point?

4 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

Disagree. He will get his second chance just like everyone else. 

Tell that to Ray Rice