Savatage79

Kareem Hunt 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

This is about Kareem Hunt not about Joe Mixon or Shady McCoy 

Lame excuse bringing up those two..  never understood that defense. He did it why can’t I .. lol

Exactly. One isn’t better then the other. 

They are all the same 

Hunt would look good on the Colts next year.  He's going to be cheaper than L. Bell.  With Luck as the face of the franchise Colts might be able to weather the PR storm.

• Like 2

Just now, ColoWrex said:

Hunt would look good on the Colts next year.  He's going to be cheaper than L. Bell.  With Luck as the face of the franchise Colts might be able to weather the PR storm.

I can tell you that the Colts will not be signing him. The Colts are one of the more serious teams when it comes to 'good culture' and things like that. They wouldn't even sniff at Dez even though they had a glaring need.

• Like 1

Just now, Whitecloud0101 said:

Ok ok... looking forward.

Kareem play next yr?

Mid Rd winner?

I doubt he'll play at all next year. If he gets a full year suspension he wouldn't be eligible to return until a few weeks left in the season. We won't see him until 2020 is my guess. I''d expect with the current backlash that a year ban is what he'll get at a minimum.

Just now, andypro77 said:

I can tell you that the Colts will not be signing him. The Colts are one of the more serious teams when it comes to 'good culture' and things like that. They wouldn't even sniff at Dez even though they had a glaring need.

Only just a little bit of irony there with Jim Irsay as the owner:lol:

2 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Only just a little bit of irony there with Jim Irsay as the owner:lol:

It's probably not irony, it might have to do with Irsay being familiar with the 'type', and knowing from his own experience that it's never a good idea to bet on them.

5 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I doubt he'll play at all next year. If he gets a full year suspension he wouldn't be eligible to return until a few weeks left in the season. We won't see him until 2020 is my guess. I''d expect with the current backlash that a year ban is what he'll get at a minimum.

Oh please.  This is a 6 game suspension at best. Like Zeke

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

How about this? Maybe Hunt isn't that good. I mean, sure he's a pretty decent NFL RB, but perhaps a good portion of his value is tied up on being on the Chiefs with Reid. Maybe Hunt's numbers of the Jets, let's say, are just a bit better than Crowell's.

1 minute ago, andypro77 said:

It's probably not irony, it might have to do with Irsay being familiar with the 'type', and knowing from his own experience that it's never a good idea to bet on them.

I would say it is a bit ironic considering Irsay was suspended 6 games and fined $500,000 by the NFL for being arrested with a brief case full of money, a laundry bag full of pills, and DUI.

12 minutes ago, maxim730 said:

Le’Veon to KC

Not for the five years that Le'Veon wants when they know they'll have to start really paying Mahomes after two more seasons, but boy does it seem like a match made in heaven!

1 minute ago, ColoWrex said:

I would say it is a bit ironic considering Irsay was suspended 6 games and fined $500,000 by the NFL for being arrested with a brief case full of money, a laundry bag full of pills, and DUI.

Yes, exactly, he's an admitted addict. And he's also someone who publicly was dealing with his addiction, but privately he was relapsing. He KNOWS how much people will lie and put on a good public face claiming to be a 'new man', because that's what he did. And that's why (maybe) he doesn't trust the 'new man' public persona that everyone puts on when they get caught doing something bad.

4 minutes ago, P@ckersFan said:

Not for the five years that Le'Veon wants when they know they'll have to start really paying Mahomes after two more seasons, but boy does it seem like a match made in heaven!

Doesn't Watkins' contract come off the books in two years? Mahomes can take that money and they can still pay Bell.

I sure hope he goes there. Two weeks ago I traded McCaffrey for Bell and Cohen and a pick in my dynasty league (other owner in win-now mode)

On 2/12/2018 at 6:43 PM, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I'm guessing Hunt got pretty violent / aggressive and was drunk or high or something and to cover his tracks got one of his friends to try to flip it on the girls he got aggressive with. 

Generally from what I've seen when one side starts accusing the other of using "racial slurs" they are just grasping for straws to justify the behavior. 

This has no chance of holding up in court, but the real worry is Roger Goodell deciding to look deeper into this. 

Apparently we were talking about this incident on page 1.

Someone basically said I was out of line assuming he got violent and I shouldn't be making assumptions immediately after my post. 

Lesson learned from quoting myself and rereading page 1... We were all aware. Most (myself) forgot. But we were aware and just thought nothing of it. THEN a video surfaced... 

I'm gonna go ahead and make a point when I see this stuff in the offseason I'm just gonna add dudes straight to my DND list 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, andypro77 said:

Doesn't Watkins' contract come off the books in two years? Mahomes can take that money and they can still pay Bell.

I sure hope he goes there. Two weeks ago I traded McCaffrey for Bell and Cohen and a pick in my dynasty league (other owner in win-now mode)

My guess is defense is going to be the focus.  Could they pay him? Yes. I don’t think they will.

54 minutes ago, andypro77 said:

Actually, since our system is (and must be) innocent until proven guilty, it's YOU that must know the percentage of fake claims to real claims before you can assume someone guilty.

And I'm not jumping to the defense of 'someone'. I believe that xxxx is innocent until there is proof that they did what they were accused of. In this case 'xxxx' is literally anyone in the United States.

No, it's not ME who has to know the percentage. It's not ME who is making any claims at all. It's not ME who is speculating about an accusation being fake. It's not ME who is saying anything to cast doubt on EITHER side. What's happening is

1) someone gets accused of assault against a woman

2) YOU post claims about how 'tons' of people make fake claims all the time, thereby casting doubt on the accusation with NO evidence. I.E. it's YOU who has (albeit mildly) come to the defense of one of the parties in the situation. From your computer. With zero knowledge of the incident beyond what the public in general has.

I have no idea if this particular woman is telling the truth. I DO believe that people weighing in on the side of the accused abuser (with NO evidence) doesn't in any way help. Let me ask you: why exactly are you posting your speculative statistics about the number of false accusations in favor of a particular person accused of assaulting a woman? Why would you, a stranger to these people, weight in on his side? Hmmm? Any particular biases that seems to indicate?

So again, before you misread me (which you still very well may do), *I* am not making any claims about this case, so *I* have no burden of proof whatsoever. YOU have speculated in the context of this case in favor of one side. That leaves YOU with some sort of burden. YOU have also posted a baseless claim of 'tons' of false accusations, which simple principles of argumentation would tell us need *evidence*. It's not that complex. YOU made claims, YOU could use some evidence. *I* have made no claims, *I* need no evidence.

But hey, here is some research anyway: http://www.learningtoendabuse.ca/sites/default/files/AFCC Article.pdf

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

This is about Kareem Hunt not about Joe Mixon or Shady McCoy 

Lame excuse bringing up those two..  never understood that defense. He did it why can’t I .. lol

My guess is if you got fired at work for doing the same thing as a coworker you may say why did John not got in trouble but I did? Not saying this is the same thing others did but that's why people say it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

So is Hunt a safe drop ROS? I mean, there's only a few weeks left..

Oddly no one wants to talk about this, which is the most important matter considering the purpose of this forum. They just want to debate what constitutes assault.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fantasy football has become a joke now...injuries, holdouts, suspensions,etc...the amount of ways your

team can derail is so great that it is 100 percent luck now.

I picked up Ware so my point is still valid