-Trace McSorley (Penn St)

-Nick Fitzgerald (Miss St)

-Brian Lewerke (Mich St)

-Nic Shimonek (Tex Tech)

-Kelly Bryant (Clemson)

-Drew Lock (Mizzou)

-Jalen Hurts (Alabama)*

-Ryan Finley (NC St)

And even more underclassmen QBs that will be eligible for the draft this upcoming year as well:

-Shea Patterson (Mich)**

-Alex Hornibrook (Wisc)

-Jarrett Stidham (Auburn)

-McKenzie Milton (UCF)

-Justin Herbert (Oregon)

-Nathan Stanley (Iowa)

*Assuming he starts

**Assuming he's allowed to play

These are all QBs that are among the top performers in their conference and have had at least some kind of buzz around their names.  So who are the viable NFL prospects?  Who declares?  Are there names that should be here that aren't?  Is this potentially a strong QB class?

Ten Months Later, this is what I'm thinking as the season closes down.

1) Dwayne Haskins (Ohio State) [UC] -- decent floor, high upside, not much experience, quick release and good vision, he's learning a lot but seems to be a quick learner

2) Justin Herbert (Oregon) [UC]  --  a lot of tape, high risk high reward, athletic, strong arm

3) Daniel Jones (Duke) [UC] -- high floor low ceiling, good coaching pedigree, smart, average to above verge arm strength

4) Drew Lock (Mizzou) [GR] -- strong arm, a lot of tape, decent floor decent ceiling

5) Will Grier (West Virginia) [GR] -- great college career, good release, good accuracy, decent mobility, average to maybe just below average arm strength

6) Jarrett Stidham (Auburn) [DC] -- weird release, average arm strength, smart, underperformed junior year

UC - Undeclared

GR - Graduated

DC - Declared

23 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

I like Grier 

I like Grier too. I want to see more of him before I decide to invest in him. Right now he's in Mason Rudolph territory. He's a dynasty stash in 2QB. TBH, i have Lauletta in one league.

30 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

so this is what 2005 class looked like

after a QB rich class, it seems like there is nothing following

That isn't a terrible thing. 2005 gave us Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith. Plus other guys who have contributed like Derek Anderson, Matt Cassel, and Fitzmagic. 

There are classes that haven't had a HOFer (rodgers) and dependable starter (smith).

I think there's at least one Rodgers in this class,  I don't like OSU, but Haskins has it. This class is fine if he and Herbert come out. 

Unfortunately, there's just a lot of guys in this class who need the right spot. 

16 minutes ago, thebrowns said:

That isn't a terrible thing. 2005 gave us Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith. Plus other guys who have contributed like Derek Anderson, Matt Cassel, and Fitzmagic. 

There are classes that haven't had a HOFer (rodgers) and dependable starter (smith).

I think there's at least one Rodgers in this class,  I don't like OSU, but Haskins has it. This class is fine if he and Herbert come out. 

Unfortunately, there's just a lot of guys in this class who need the right spot. 

I am just saying that after Rivers/Ben/Manning, the following year was lackluster, yes Rodgers turned out to be great, and there is no doubt in my mind none of these guys can be Rodgers, because very few to ever play the game have even been close

4 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

I am just saying that after Rivers/Ben/Manning, the following year was lackluster, yes Rodgers turned out to be great, and there is no doubt in my mind none of these guys can be Rodgers, because very few to ever play the game have even been close

I think that the nw rules are going to allow more guys to succeed. Have you watched all of these guys? 

8 hours ago, thebrowns said:

I think that the nw rules are going to allow more guys to succeed. Have you watched all of these guys? 

dont need to, to go out on a limb and say there isn't a Rodgers among them

there also isn't a Brady, a Brees, or even a Rivers

On 12/9/2018 at 9:49 PM, Golden Spikes said:

dont need to, to go out on a limb and say there isn't a Rodgers among them

there also isn't a Brady, a Brees, or even a Rivers

Hard to say definitively that there isn't a Brady among them, given that Brady was drafted in the 6th round.