Alvin Kamara 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, jtbgator said:

Did you use Ryu or Ken?

Goku obviously :lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Did you use Ryu or Ken?

He's using a dragon ball Z character

Looks like they’re making a big effort to get Ingram back up to game speed. Kamara is still the better, matchup-proof option like he was end of last year.

Not panicking like some, its Ingrams first game back, they're unleashing him. They're lightening the load a bit for Kamara since he was getting absolutely everything the first 4 weeks. Hell finish with a decent statline tonight and itll be like last year after the bye week

Alvin Kamara rushed just six times for 24 yards and caught 3-of-4 targets for 15 yards in the Saints' Week 5 win over the Redskins.

Mark Ingram returned from his four-week suspension to make his 2018 debut and made the start for the Saints. He went on his way to out-carry Kamara 16-6 and out-touch him 18-9 overall. Ingram also scored two goal-line plunge touchdowns in the first half. Kamara owners are going to be seriously concerned after this one. Kamara averaged 22.75 touches per game Weeks 1-4 but took a major back seat to Ingram tonight. Perhaps coach Sean Payton was just overworking Ingram to get him up to speed and possibly getting Kamara some extra rest after the big workloads the first four weeks with the Saints now heading into their bye. But Kamara is highly unlikely to come close to his Weeks 1-4 usage the rest of the way. He's going to need big plays to maintain elite RB1 status, and those didn't come Monday night. The Ravens are up next in Week 7.

Oct 8 - 11:33 PM

Well, I expected Ingram to be a big part of the gameplan to get him back into the groove of things. But can't say I expected that.... 

Damn, that hurt. Losing by one point because my 40 points a week RB couldn't even get me 8 smh. I was thinking 20 points tonight, but apparently projections were terribly too high :(

Obviously I don't expect it to be like this from now on. It'll be a split between the two. But gah damn was this brutal. 

Edited by Wynter12

And all along you haters thought it was James Conner who was going to have his value dissipate like fog on a late, sunny morning.

• Like 1

I think that they wanted to give Kamara a lighter week after carrying a heavy load the first 4 weeks, also heading into the bye.  While also allowing Ingram to get back into it for the first time.  It didn't seem like when Kamara was on the field they were really trying to be get him the ball.   

• Thanks 1

Bye week is at a good time. Kamara was noticeably dinged up. A little hitch in his step. 

Its good he got out of this game with no further injury news. 

• Like 1

Ingram is the back to own in New Orleans. 

Kamara won’t come close to the touches he got in weeks 1-4 and will have to make the most of his 13-14 touches each week moving forward.

He will still have some big games but I’d be concerned now that sheriff Ingram is back in town. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

The fact that the rotoworld staff is hitting the panic button on Kamara actually makes me feel better about him.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Under500Forever said:

Ingram is the back to own in New Orleans. 

Kamara won’t come close to the touches he got in weeks 1-4 and will have to make the most of his 13-14 touches each week moving forward.

He will still have some big games but I’d be concerned now that sheriff Ingram is back in town. 

Eh. If it's anything like last year, they'll have similar productions. One for sure will have a big game one time and the other the next. 

Which is fine. People would have to be crazy to think Kamara is going to have anywhere near the production he had the first 4 weeks from now on. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

And all along you haters thought it was James Conner who was going to have his value dissipate like fog on a late, sunny morning.

It’s ashame that AK owners were blindsided tonight. Who would have though he would only have 9 touches? 

AK owners are on the ledge After this one. I’d be concerned. Glad I grabbed the better back 50 picks later.

1 hour ago, sSektor said:

Looks like they’re making a big effort to get Ingram back up to game speed. Kamara is still the better, matchup-proof option like he was end of last year.

They also kept running read option plays with Taysom Hill and he kept every single ball including a goal line vulture. I'm not worried though, the Saints just simply did not need him. Washington was getting gashed in the secondary and Payton's play calling was working. The Redskins, outside of one drive in the 2nd half, just looked like they gave up starting late into the 2nd quarter. Better days ahead for Kamara.

this game was a blow out with the saints  scoring at will on almost every drive, so no need for a heavy dose of kamrar and payton had to get Ingram into real game reps after his  suspension. people shouldnt be panicking. the balance in the backfield  will probably occur after the bye week

Not concerned, it was Brees’ night and Ingrams homecoming. Kamara was carrying this teams Running game. He had a break tonight. Honestly it was smart to pound ingram tonight. No preparation for ingrams usage.

• Like 1

These next two weeks of waiting are going to be painful.

Damn. C'mon Rotoworld! You guys are letting me down! I came in here expecting everyone to be freaking out and/or trolling about how Kamara can't be relied on any longer and screaming: "The sky is falling!!" Surprised to see most people are being logical and assuming that they gave him a light load by having a fresh Ingram shoulder the load tonight after running Kamara hard for 4 weeks. This light game plus the bye week means that Kamara will be ready to rock against the Ravens in week 7. Sucks for anyone who needed just an average night from AK tonight. I didn't expect the usage to be this low.

Edited by thirdeye