NYR Fan 116894

Rob Gronkowski 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

2 hours ago, Woonga24 said:

For all of us Gronk owners. Who are you dropping to get his replacement and who are you targeting that landfill?

OJ Howard was my backup. I went from a wealth of riches, to a street beggar. If my claim for Vance McDonald doesn't go through, I honestly might go without a TE this week. It's that barren. 

2 hours ago, ludawg23 said:

Even if he plays, I don’t see a full compliment of snaps since they will most likely blow out the Colts.

The Colts aren't that bad. A little bit feisty almost. I predict 34-24 Pats win. 

3 hours ago, ludawg23 said:

Even if he plays, I don’t see a full compliment of snaps since they will most likely blow out the Colts.

Considering that the waiver wire will most likely give you a 2-22-0 from some scrub TE, I'll take one quarter or a half of Gronk. If he's active, I'm starting him.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SpartanEric said:

You can call this idea insane but if you're in a 12 team or greater league, the wire has literally no TE's available.  

Might take a 1 game flyer on Mike Gesicki.  Possibly no AJ Derby or Davante Parker and Cincinnati can turn it into a shootout.  

is true, I saw a documentary on this earlier:
44adad32f03f10f2fe2c0368f3f5a673.png

18 hours ago, Woonga24 said:

I havee C.Diff. wat do?

That's crappy.  

As for Gronk I hope we get more clarity on the injury and how its feeling. I also don't want to play him and he leaves after 1 qtr.  Rest him if he needs it. Give him 10 days.  Hopefully with the last game out of hand they were just being cautious with Gronk.

Also - he has some targets he needs to hit for bonuses....

16 minutes ago, kellentat said:

Limited practice is a good sign in my opinion. Doubt Gronk will be doing much full practicing for the rest of his career and I’d expect he’d sit out practice if it was a legit concern. Who knows though we’ll see tomorrow.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, kellentat said:

Pats fan chiming in here - my best guess is they sit him tomorrow night considering A) the short week and b ) the opponent. They used the same approach last year on a short week Thursday night game with Gronk ailing injuries. Even if he does play, it would be a risky move IMO. 

I bet NE treat this game like the 2014 AFC Championship - a game where Gronk was targeted once. Pound the rock (w/ Michel + White in the air) and convert in the short passing game. Stay away, if possible. 

Edited by Griffin_Morrow
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Considering that the waiver wire will most likely give you a 2-22-0 from some scrub TE, I'll take one quarter or a half of Gronk. If he's active, I'm starting him.

This is where I'm at as well.  If Gronk plays I'm starting him 100%. Even a couple RZ targets can lead to a Gronk smash. I didn't draft Gronk to carry 2 TEs.  Unless they rule him out so I can put him in IR I'm playing him.

I've owned him before so I know what to expect. If he's in he starts if hes out it is replacement time. 

20 minutes ago, Griffin_Morrow said:

Pats fan chiming in here - my best guess is they sit him tomorrow night considering A) the short week and b ) the opponent. They used the same approach last year on a short week Thursday night game with Gronk ailing injuries. Even if he does play, it would be a risky move IMO. 

I bet NE treat this game like the 2014 AFC Championship - a game where Gronk was targeted once. Pound the rock (w/ Michel + White in the air) and convert in the short passing game. Stay away, if possible. 

Colts look like a resurgent defense defending the run with Leonard and some other additions. I agree with the first part though. Very risky to start Gronk this week.

• Like 1

Rob Gronkowski (ankle) is questionable for Week 5 against the Colts.

The feeling around Foxboro has been that Gronk won't be active for Thursday night's showdown with Indy, though his return to practice on Wednesday, albeit in a limited capacity, gives him at least a chance to suit up. It's worth noting that Gronkowski missed a Thursday night game against the Bucs under similar circumstances last season. Dwayne Allen would fill in at tight end if Gronk can't go, though he's not a fantasy option.
Oct 3 - 4:17 PM

1 minute ago, oresteszero said:

Rob Gronkowski (ankle) is questionable for Week 5 against the Colts.

The feeling around Foxboro has been that Gronk won't be active for Thursday night's showdown with Indy, though his return to practice on Wednesday, albeit in a limited capacity, gives him at least a chance to suit up. It's worth noting that Gronkowski missed a Thursday night game against the Bucs under similar circumstances last season. Dwayne Allen would fill in at tight end if Gronk can't go, though he's not a fantasy option.
Oct 3 - 4:17 PM

Yup that was the game I was referring too. And if I remember, that was a weird thigh/leg injury that popped up after a Wednesday practice. They wrap him in bubble wrap during the first half of the regular season. 

2 minutes ago, Griffin_Morrow said:

Yup that was the game I was referring too. And if I remember, that was a weird thigh/leg injury that popped up after a Wednesday practice. They wrap him in bubble wrap during the first half of the regular season. 

Sometimes I feel like the Rotoworld blurb writers read these forums.  Honestly.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.

• Haha 1

It feels like doodoo to bench Gronk but he’s had three bad weeks in a row and has a bad ankle. He’s a threat to score two tds if he’s active but he could also get you 2/24 yards or less.

If i have another top 10-12 option I think bench Gronk this week.

• Haha 1

Just now, bangarrang said:

It feels like doodoo to bench Gronk but he’s had three bad weeks in a row and has a bad ankle. He’s a threat to score two tds if he’s active but he could also get you 2/24 yards or less.

If i have another top 10-12 option I think bench Gronk this week.

10-12?  There are about 3 decent TE options this season, if you have Gronk you probably don't have one of them.  I'd rather get 4 points from Gronk than some other waiver guy.

• Like 1

Still gotta start gronk. The ceiling is way too high compared to other tight ends. Would you rather roll the dice and get 20 points or settle with 5?

35 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Ddddeeeeeccccooooyyyyy

Most definitely. Isn't Edelman back tonight? I'm sure TB12 misses his boytoy

27 minutes ago, Kyle87 said:

10-12?  There are about 3 decent TE options this season, if you have Gronk you probably don't have one of them.  I'd rather get 4 points from Gronk than some other waiver guy.

I guess you’re right 10-12 is probably too much. Most wont be benching Gronk.

I have Kittle and Gronk and I’m strongly considering benching Gronk. Someone could also easily have Gronk and Cook and I’d consider cook there too over Gronk.

I might go with V. McDonald in place of Gronk...and then live to regret it. haha. Really tough to bench Gronk that's for sure. Maybe i'll see a report that will make me feel better about starting him later today. 

Edited by p0k

Considering how bad and banged up the colts are ya gotta believe gronks ankle is fine or why would they even gamble letting him play. Either that or they are just trying to make Indy gameplan for him so he could truly be boom or complete bust but it is the TE position we are talking about so everyone should prob be throwing him out there.

4 minutes ago, p0k said:

I might go with V. McDonald in place of Gronk...and then live to regret it. haha. Really tough to bench Gronk that's for sure. Maybe i'll see a report that will make me feel better about starting him later today. 

2 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

if Gronk is playing you put him in your lineup no matter what.  

Especially with the volatility of the position this season. If Gronk suits up, you play the man. What's the downside? None at all.