NYR Fan 116894

Rob Gronkowski 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Man this is a tough call...  Can't afford another dud game from Gronk, and I do have J. Cook as my back up.  Would have have had an easy dub last week if I had played Cook over Gronk.  

Picked up Vance, probably will start Gronk. I didn't draft him in the second to bench him when he's starting.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, euphonicjamz said:

Man this is a tough call...  Can't afford another dud game from Gronk, and I do have J. Cook as my back up.  Would have have had an easy dub last week if I had played Cook over Gronk.  

What u should do in your case is package cook and upgrade your roster

Edited by Silkk1211

For me, starting Gronk depends on a few factors -

1.  Who is my other option? - If it is a waiver wire guy, then I start Gronk.  If I drafted a low end TE1 or high end TE2 as Gronk's backup, maybe now is the time to use him, especially if my backup TE has a good matchup.

2.  Am I favored in my game or not?  If you are favored by a lot you may want to get a decent floor and hope the rest of your lineup performs.

3.  What's my record?  If i'm desperate for a win, it's time to roll the dice.

I picked up Ben Watson just  in case Gronk was inactive. If Gronk is active and STARTING, he's in my lineup.

There's a chance a Ben Watson or any other of the dozen waiver wire TEs put up  a 1-18-0 line. Gronk can produce this in one series and maybe grab a TD.

I do think NE absolutely crushes Indy on a short week and it could be the S. Michel show, but I have to think they will want to get their offensive groove on at least a little bit now that they have Edelman, Gronk, Gordon all on the field at once. With KC up next and then the CHI D, I think this offense wants to feel like they're together and heading in the right direction.

Edited by kyoun1e

1 minute ago, timbrah_ho said:

Decoy + Thursday night = bench city

Unfortunately, that's when the exact opposite usually happens.

• Like 3

At what time do they start warming up on the field for TNF?  I want to see how he looks if possible.

Edited by Sternes

This is such a classic case of Belichek playing games with the injury report. I 100 percent guarantee gronk is healthier than what’s being let on and he’s going to go ballistic tonight 

8 minutes ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

This is such a classic case of Belichek playing games with the injury report. I 100 percent guarantee gronk is healthier than what’s being let on and he’s going to go ballistic tonight 

That’s what I’m thinking too. We could both be massively wrong though.

I could have won the last two weeks starting Kittle instead of Gronk. He is definitely not doing owners any favors right now.

9 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Any tweets on how Gronk looks in warmups?

Like a MAN

26 minutes ago, Theoneupper said:

That’s what I’m thinking too. We could both be massively wrong though.

I don’t think they’d really risk him out there on a short week with Edelman back if he wasn’t Healthier than he’s letting on. I’m seeing atleast 1spike tonight. He def wants to get back on track and he can abuse this team especially with tons of pressure coming off him with Edelman and Gordon. Gordon might not be too involved but the mere threat of him on the field helps gronk tremendously. I just see a classic Gronk game tonight 

Edited by NyMetsfan5

52 minutes ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

The problem with that theory is that Gronk left the last game with an injury. I'm starting him but worried about decoy

• Like 1

You guys own this guy, you start him when hes active and relish in one of the best tight ends there is.

Dont get cute otherwise dont draft Gronk, everyone knows hes an injury risk headache but he's YOURS not your opponents!

Edited by Zak0221

2 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

He looks absolutely fine.

I’m not saying it’s anything huge, but it just sorta looks like on one foot he’s not choosing to propel himself at the ankle as much and is lifting more at the knee.  Maybe I’m just looking for something though.

1 minute ago, Zak0221 said:

You guys own this guy, you start him when hes active and relish in one of the best tight ends there is.

Dont get cute otherwise dont draft Gronk, everyone knows hes an injury risk headache but he's YOURS not your opponents!

This is my favorite phrase in all of fantasy. Before there were podcasts, I once heard Joe Bryant of FantasyGuru screaming this at a guy suggesting to bench Torry Holt on a "prerecorded internet radio show".  

• Like 1

7.5 pts in standard... thanks for not hurting me too much big guy.