NYR Fan 116894

Rob Gronkowski 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

My free agent tight end poll is ******** depressing best pickup is Vernon Davis fook my life 

Edited by affliction
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Chargers88 said:

Agreed I’m debating dropping gronk for Kearse I need the wr  help and have 2 better tes than gronk anyways in njoku and Howard 

You do that 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chargers88 said:

Probably from all that blocking the patriots are having him do this year 

This

1 hour ago, Chargers88 said:

Agreed I’m debating dropping gronk for Kearse I need the wr  help and have 2 better tes than gronk anyways in njoku and Howard 

You do know you can trade him, right? I mean it's a wasteland at TE and someone will overpay for him even knowing he's banged up.

Pats are most likely going to play it safe with him, especially with his history of back issues.

28 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

Rate my draft: LF- Howard- gronk

thank God I drafted mahomes 

I feel this on a personal level. Bell, Gronk, McKinnon. Also have Mahomes thankfully.

• Like 1

Dont worry guys.  He's just setting it up for a grand entrance.  Tomorrow he's gonna bust in like this and go for a 100 yards and 2 tds.

EnviousForsakenBluebird-size_restricted.

Atleast that's what I keep telling myself.  :(

• Haha 3

I was figuring on his yearly injury when I drafted him. I wasn’t  figuring on his lackluster numbers before said injury. Oh well.

Edited by Gravy
  • Like 1

Bet Belichick is not a happy camper tonight.  Seems he knew Gronkowski was on the downslope and wanted to trade him to Detroit.  But the inmates have taken over the asylum.  Now they are going to get killed by Chicago because they won't be able to block.  Cannon"s out, too.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Panthers8912 said:

Rate my draft: LF- Howard- gronk

thank God I drafted mahomes 

One league I went LF, Howard, Hilton, Baldwin, Goodwin ?

I hope gronks not done. Traded kittle + a guy for him and there's nobody left on waivers lol

The Patriots downgraded Rob Gronkowski (back, ankle) to doubtful for Week 7 against Chicago.

Gronkowski could be looking at a multi-game absence. Jacob Hollister (hamstring) was also downgraded to out, leaving Dwayne Allen as the only healthy tight end. The Patriots figure to run a lot of four-wide sets this week.

1 hour ago, MMLSU said:

I feel this on a personal level. Bell, Gronk, McKinnon. Also have Mahomes thankfully.

I would’ve felt good about that start before the season started too. Hopefully fournette, gronk and bell come back soon and ball out. Worse thing for me was week 4 when fournette was supposed to come back and be healthy, my opponent played yeldon and I played LF. Lost by 5. Currently 2-4 lol. 

my first year as a gronk owner too lol. The worst part is even when he’s been healthy and played he hasn’t looked like gronk. This is what I get for drafting a patriot 

6 minutes ago, scheibler said:

One league I went LF, Howard, Hilton, Baldwin, Goodwin ?

I hope gronks not done. Traded kittle + a guy for him and there's nobody left on waivers lol

I would’ve liked that team before the season started too lol. Good like to you guys, I knew you’ll need it

Everybody immediately jumped to Jacob Hollister saying he was next man up.  But the official depth chart has Dwayne Allen as the #2.  How irrelevant is Dwayne Allen?  Dude doesn't even have a 2018 thread.  I think Brady just throws it more to guys he trusts.  Not sure if that's Dwayne Allen.

In deep leagues, guys like Uzomah, Njoku, Brate/Howard, etc. are long gone.

Looking at guys like Clay, Vernon Davis, Gerald Everett, Nick O'Leary, Chris Herndon.  Gulp.

Man I drafted this guy, sucks, but but but, I drafted good outside him even though none of you are in my league to prove me wrong so I can save face any way I want, #internetforums 

7 minutes ago, CooL said:

Everybody immediately jumped to Jacob Hollister saying he was next man up.  But the official depth chart has Dwayne Allen as the #2.  How irrelevant is Dwayne Allen?  Dude doesn't even have a 2018 thread.  I think Brady just throws it more to guys he trusts.  Not sure if that's Dwayne Allen.

In deep leagues, guys like Uzomah, Njoku, Brate/Howard, etc. are long gone.

Looking at guys like Clay, Vernon Davis, Gerald Everett, Nick O'Leary, Chris Herndon.  Gulp.

Hollister is gonna be out too so Allen is the only TE. I don't know what Allen's deal is. He was supposed to have some impact when he came in last year, and then there was a story about him, how he came in out of shape and not taking it seriously the first year but then they said he worked hard in the offseason and was again supposed to make a comeback, but he hasn't done anything all year

Hasn't won me any weeks and probably cost me a couple. What a poor 2nd round pick this season. Talked myself into the Patriots feeding him and now they are focused on running the ball and having Gronk block. What a bizarre season.

Should have stuck with my strategy of never drafting a TE high.

Anyone looking to trade him away going forward?

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

Hasn't won me any weeks and probably cost me a couple. What a poor 2nd round pick this season. Talked myself into the Patriots feeding him and now they are focused on running the ball and having Gronk block. What a bizarre season.

Should have stuck with my strategy of never drafting a TE high.

Anyone looking to trade him away going forward?

I'm going to look to trade him but not sure what I can get for him. My team is pretty trash but somehow 3-3 (Draft started DJ, Gronk, Howard, Hogan, Crabtree, C. Davis) so although Gronk might not be able to snag a WR1 or RB1 I might be able to get a RB2 and a WR2 which could make sense for me. My current backup TE is Austin Hooper who I started at my flex last week and ironically he has scored more points than Gronk this year so technically he isn't really a downgrade.