NYR Fan 116894

Rob Gronkowski 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

8 minutes ago, CaliBlazer said:

Whos starting? Monday night game. Hes questionable but suppose to play.

Not me.  Can't take the gamble for the late game.

• Like 1

Ugh... Monday gtd are the worst... Anyone else just going Gronk? Or is someone like Jared Cook worth playing in his spot?

Huge gamble.

But I have him in my line up. I have G Olsen as my backup, but I really think Gronk is going to play on Monday.  I am concerned about his use and ability to get open though even if he starts.

On the fence but need the points.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Godeep said:

Ugh... Monday gtd are the worst... Anyone else just going Gronk? Or is someone like Jared Cook worth playing in his spot?

Havent heard that he’ll be a GTD. He’s questionable. Practiced 3 days in a row this week. I think he plays. We will hear something today on whether or not he travels.

Other options would be to:

1. Drop someone and add Clay

2. Risk it with Gronk, obviously 

3. For me, bench Gronk and don’t risk him being IA, and go with the safer option (Reed) but I don’t feel comfy doing that.

Also saw this earlier.

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2018/10/rob_gronkowski_expects_to_play.html

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Havent heard that he’ll be a GTD. He’s questionable. Practiced 3 days in a row this week. I think he plays. We will hear something today on whether or not he travels.

Other options would be to:

1. Drop someone and add Clay

2. Risk it with Gronk, obviously 

3. For me, bench Gronk and don’t risk him being IA, and go with the safer option (Reed) but I don’t feel comfy doing that.

Also saw this earlier.

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2018/10/rob_gronkowski_expects_to_play.html

Thanks for the info, it is encouraging knowing this game is a big deal for him. Except to me it also means he would travel even if he wasn't going to play...  This would be so much easier if it were a Sunday game. 

here goes nothin...  Gronk or nothing this week, as Clay's rostered and any other Pats TE is useless

57 minutes ago, Godeep said:

Anyone know if he traveled yet? Or is expected to?

he traveled

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sivaro said:

Huge gamble.

But I have him in my line up. I have G Olsen as my backup, but I really think Gronk is going to play on Monday.  I am concerned about his use and ability to get open though even if he starts.

On the fence but need the points.

Same boat here. I would have played Olsen but I didn’t get it in on time.

Got a feeling he will break out tonight. Big game incoming. I dunno why but guess b/c he's originally from Buffalo. He's got family coming to the game tonight.

You never know with the Pats.  He could walk out on the field and say he's not right.  Best bet would be to look to see if Clay is available as a last minute back up.  Worst case scenario, you hold your nose and pick up Dwayne Allen who has done nothing.

1 hour ago, GenerallyPoorAdvice said:

Rotoworld sure is a lot more confident than I am.

eh, by this point it is usually pretty clear if a player is going to play or not.  usually at this point if a player misses the game it will because of an unrelated issue that pops up during warm ups which can happen to anyone on any week.  and you really can't worry about that

8 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I'm starting this useless turd. Can't wait!

Haha me too!  I need 9 from him and I feel like that might as well be 90

2 hours ago, ThunderDan said:

Haha me too!  I need 9 from him and I feel like that might as well be 90

I chickened out and played Jared Cook last night, but I was only worried Gronk might not play at all. As long as he's on the field against Buffalo I think your good for 9. 

23 minutes ago, Godeep said:

I chickened out and played Jared Cook last night, but I was only worried Gronk might not play at all. As long as he's on the field against Buffalo I think your good for 9. 

Need 20 tonight - Gronk Go Smash Some Stuff and Find the End Zone x2

I just need 10 from Gronk and/or Gordon. I expect most from Gronk but 10 feels like 100 right now.

He’s on my bench but I need a big game so I can dump his azz.

Gordon being disciplined for being tardy. Supposes to be sit several series tonight. FYI. Per Sleeper Bot.

4 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Washed. 

Looked fine to me. Brady missed him on a couple throws and Bills had great coverage against him. Pretty sweet 22 yard catch. Not gonna complain with 8 targets (one of those being a RZ Target). Better days ahead. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1