NYR Fan 116894

Rob Gronkowski 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

3 hours ago, Helmholtz_Watsonn said:

Yeah, i think the chance of getting a nice haul for Gronk based on name value alone is pretty done now. I had him in both leagues i play in and packaged him in multi player deals a couple of weeks ago. I don't think i'd be able to pull off the trades i made now since he's fallen off a cliff and his ROS outlook seems pretty bleek.  

At this point, if you could get Cook or Doyle for him straight up, i'd probably do it. 

Doyle is on waivers in most leagues so that should be easy to accomplish.

Never been more glad to have zero shares of Gronk. Every year he has either been a beast or been on IR. This year is the worst possible scenario of not being hurt but not beasting. I still belit that the news of him almost being traded is the key here. It's a very Belechick thing to do to allow him to stay but show him that he isn't really needed... and make sure he doesn't make his performance bonuses.

He is getting a decent amount of targets just looks pretty stiff and uncomfortable out there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thirdeye said:

Never been more glad to have zero shares of Gronk. Every year he has either been a beast or been on IR. This year is the worst possible scenario of not being hurt but not beasting. I still belit that the news of him almost being traded is the key here. It's a very Belechick thing to do to allow him to stay but show him that he isn't really needed... and make sure he doesn't make his performance bonuses.

Bilichick is not covertly sabotaging Gronk out of spite ?‍♂️. Bilichick just saw the writing on the wall and tried to trade him at his highest value. But since Gronk refused a trade, it wouldn’t make sense to not continue to use him. There’s no conspiracy to hold Gronk back, Gronk’s low production is because his lessened performance due to so many injuries. I had Gronk last year and refused to touch him in any drafts this year. If you watched closely enough, you could see a drop off was going to happen this year. And who closer than Bilichick to Gronk? Once you heard he was being shopped, it should have made you look closer. 

Edited by Lebowski54
  • Like 2

Gronk not practicing today. You’d think if it was a maintenance day it would’ve come yesterday. He just keeps kicking his owners in the nuts. 

Just now, FinsUp24 said:

Gronk not practicing today. You’d think if it was a maintenance day it would’ve come yesterday. He just keeps kicking his owners in the nuts. 

wait for the report tomorrow, he hasn't been doing much of anything during the practice week for a while now

Just now, Panthor said:

wait for the report tomorrow, he hasn't been doing much of anything during the practice week for a while now

But he did something yesterday....and nothing today.

And of course it has to be the late game... So waiting for him if you have Cook tonight is risky... 

• Like 1

Gronk stinks this season. All these prime time games and late games making the decision to play him really difficult.

Curious to see what he’s worth in dynasty leagues. Pick wise what do we think?

Gronk?  In dynasty?  Is he even going to play next year?  Gronk really didn't want to play this year.

Well he's not playing this year, but you know what I mean.

3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Gronk?  In dynasty?  Is he even going to play next year?  Gronk really didn't want to play this year.

Well he's not playing this year, but you know what I mean.

Yeah I know which is why I’m wondering what if anything he’s worth pick wise currently? TE is a disaster this year and I’m debating on gambling a pick for next year for some depth. 

If you can get anything decent in dynasty I'd ship his a** before his value is zero, which will likely be soon. Maybe there's an owner in your league trying to win this year and thinks he can help this year. 

• Like 1

Shefter reporting that both Gronk and S. Michel will be checked out pre game but that there is real concern if either can play.

Damnit.

Don't think there are really any other TE options in the NE/GB game to hold onto. J. Hollister? Jeesh.

Also, nothing really in DAL/TN...J. Smith for TN? Who is playing TE for Dallas these days? Think Swaim is banged up.

This sucks. Would have to drop either DJ Moore or M. Trubisky for a backup TE that may score a zero anyway. May just roll with Gronk and cross fingers.

I am debating trading for Gronk, thinking he might be back around play-off time.

Is it his back or his ankle that they are worried about, or both?  

Best MNF option is...Jonnu Smith?

2 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Is it his back or his ankle that they are worried about, or both?  

Best MNF option is...Jonnu Smith?

Local Boston media indicating that it's more about the ankle vs. back.

J. Smith got 2 targets last week and is facing a tough Dallas D. Think Dallas will split the TE work with two guys I've never heard of.

Ugh.

Honestly, when I look at potential options on the wire, they all could possibly give me 4-6 points. Not sure it's worth dropping somebody. 

• Like 1

I've owned Gronk for about 5 years in my Dynasty. And I am done with him. I've had enough of this crap!

He's a pain in the as% to put up with

Well I am glad I have OJ Howard as well.  Rollin' OJ out there.  Can't risk waiting until tonight.

• Like 1

If any options that are ok happen to hit rhe waivers this weekend im going to have to drop him. i think the writing is on the wall. i believe this dude is done.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gravy said:

If any options that are ok happen to hit rhe waivers this weekend im going to have to drop him. i think the writing is on the wall. i believe this dude is done.

You ok? check yourself for a fever and please go back to reddit. 

22 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

You ok? check yourself for a fever and please go back to reddit. 

Are you still a believer?

Longest career TD drought as well.  :ph34r:  At least the guys on fantasy were pointing out how it isn't just him, but he hasn't been used properly either.