NYR Fan 116894

Rob Gronkowski 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

25 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Yep. Weeks 6-13, they've given up 6 TD's to TE's.

13 - vs Bills: Clay 1/9

12 - vs Colts: Ebron 5/45/2  Doyle 4/16/1

11 - bye

10 - vs GB: Graham 1/14  Marcedes Lewis 1/30  Kendricks 2/24

9 - vs NYJ: Herndon 4/62

8 - vs HOU: Jordan Thomas 4/29/2

7 - vs DET: Michael Roberts 3/48/2

6 - vs CHI: Burton 4/23/1

I count 8

Edited by affliction

12 minutes ago, affliction said:

Did you see the number of TD's? Ebron Jordan Thomas and a guy I never heard of had  2 TD games

You mean, you don't have a Roberts jersey?

2 hours ago, affliction said:

Did you see the number of TD's? Ebron Jordan Thomas and a guy I never heard of had  2 TD games

I'd be much more confident in receptions and yardage. Relying on TD's is fluky.

3 hours ago, noles1983 said:

True, but most of those other teams with TE's that have this same output didnt invest a 1st or 2nd round pick at TE.

That's irrelevant at this point especially if you managed to make the playoffs with him. Sure his floor is as bad as any TE but it is his theoretical ceiling that I think makes it hard to put him outside the top 6. Unless you have Kittle, Ebron or maybe Cook (I doubt anyone has Gronk and Kelce/Ertz) I think you have to fire him up. 

Edited by Jaw1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jaw1 said:

That's irrelevant at this point especially if you managed to make the playoffs with him. Sure his floor is as bad as any TE but it is his theoretical ceiling that I think makes it hard to put him outside the top 6. Unless you have Kittle, Ebron or maybe Cook I think you have to fire him up. 

Pretty much this. I juggled Gronk and Reed all year. But I’m in the playoffs. So rolling with Gronk here on out and not even thinking about it. Ceiling is just too much vs WW TEs at this point in the season.

Move him in the off-season as soon as possible if you own in dynasty.

He has rode my bench the last few weeks as I have Ertz. But now is he a must start flex? If he can keep that target share, I am all in.

20 minutes ago, Heizz said:

He has rode my bench the last few weeks as I have Ertz. But now is he a must start flex? If he can keep that target share, I am all in.

I am rolling with Cook as my TE and Gronk in my flex

On 12/11/2018 at 9:53 AM, JohnD said:

I am rolling with Cook as my TE and Gronk in my flex

I'll be doing the same thing since i've been getting burned at the flex spot. 

For what its worth, Pittsburgh is really bad against TE and Gronk killed them in week 15 last season. 

Edited by Helmholtz_Watsonn

4 minutes ago, Helmholtz_Watsonn said:

I'll be doing the same thing since i've been getting burned at the flex spot. 

For what its worth, Pittsburgh is really bad against TE and Gronk killed them in week 15 last season. 

Why not put Gronk in at TE and Cook at Flex?

2 minutes ago, Helmholtz_Watsonn said:

I don't think it really matters lol. 

True.

I'd put whomever has the later start time in the flex spot, in case of a last minute injury. Gives more options to fill the spot.

14 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

True.

I'd put whomever has the later start time in the flex spot, in case of a last minute injury. Gives more options to fill the spot.

Riiiightt.... Cook plays at 1:00pm, Gronk 4:25

Footballguys Week 15 Roundtable:

WILD WEEK 15 PREDICTIONS

Waldman: Give us a Week 15 fantasy prediction that doesn't match the current trends or observations about a player, a unit, or a team that will have implications for fantasy lineups.

Schofield: Maybe I'm building off the previous point, but much of the talk this season has been how Rob Gronkowski was becoming more "Robert Gronkowski, the football player" and less "GRONK!" This stems from, at least in my viewing of him this season (and in line with the many questions I get asked about him daily on the Locked On Patriots podcast) his stiffness and lack of explosiveness. Things we did not associate with him in years past.

GRONK is going to be back this weekend. Similar to Brady, Gronkowski tends to shine against the Steelers. With both players, this used to be because the Steelers would insist on spot dropping into Cover 3 schemes against the Patriots, giving New England the ability to attack up the seams with their tight ends. But even last year, when the Steelers used more Cover 2 Man against New England, Gronkowski had a huge day with 9 catches for 168 yards. In his six career games against the Steelers, Gronk has eight touchdowns. He'll have a big game Sunday.

• Like 1

Both him and Brady are washed. Can't trust him vs Bills D next week. I will play an Ian Thomas over this pos next week. 

23 minutes ago, noles1983 said:

Both him and Brady are washed. Can't trust him vs Bills D next week. I will play an Ian Thomas over this pos next week. 

Not sure about Brady washed but Gronk has just taken a beating over the years.

I'd rage drop him..but I'd have to rage drop my whole team since his performance wasn't the worst!